We stayed at the Aquasol Aparthotel from Feb 9th to 16th 2010.
The room was basic and clean. don’t go expecting anything posh, this is about as basic as it gets, but it’s only a 2 key hotel and we didn’t pay much to stay so our expectations we not that high, especially after reading some of the other customer reviews. However we were very happy with the apartment, flatscreen TV, kitchenette, bathroom/shower and twin bed room. It was cleaned three times in the week we were there. We did not see any ants or cockroaches.
Speaking to the helpful lady at reception (Adriana) she told me that they had recently spent a lot of money on updating security. There was a key fob only entry on to the hotel grounds, CCTV cameras everywhere and a safe in the wardrobe in you room.
The location of the hotel is at the top of a hill, its about a 15-20 min walk up the hill from the shops or a 3euro taxi trip. There are some steps going straight down to the bottom near the hotel, but it not for the faint hearted coming back up that way! Some people may not like the idea of going up a hill, but we liked it as it meant the hotel was away from all the hustle and bustle and noise from the main town. Plus the views were great! We got the sun all day too.
The resort of Puerto Rico is good, there’s a main square in the middle where all the shops, bars and restaurants are. The beach is OK, Playa de Amadores is just around the next bay and is far better.
Its worth taking the boat trip to Puerto Mogan at is much more upmarket and newer, but I would avoid the Friday market as its mostly useless tat and fake t-shirt & handbags.
Now, a word about the cats! You need to decide on day one whether or not you are going to feed them. Because take it from me once you feed them (or the wife does!) you wont get rid of them. To the point where they will come in to your apartment or try to get up on to the table if your eating outside. Also once your room is established as a food source there are nightly territorial cat fights outside your room at 4am. So please FEED THEM AT YOUR PERIL!
We went to Aquasol in February, it was quiet as probably only 1/3 to 1/2 the room were taken. I would go there again at that time of year as it was relaxing and still plenty of sun. However I’m not so sure if I would go there at the height of summer with all the rooms full.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AQUASOL is a small and quiet complex, on the top of a beautiful hill, with wonderful sights and always sunny; at few minutes from beaches, shopping centers, discos, restaurants, downtown!! We have beautiful swimming pool, bar restaurant, internet service, pool games and the most important: we always smile! We do all we can to make you feel comfortable in this lovely place! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Odigeo and HostelWorld so you can book your Aquasol Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquasol Apartments Hotel Puerto Rico
- Aquasol Apartments Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria