“great value for money”

Ranked #32 of 68 Hotels in Puerto Rico
fife
“great value for money”
Reviewed 21 July 2010

when i read previous reviews on these apartments i aws a bit sceptical, but i dont know where the people who nock this complex are comming from, they are clean, fresh towel and sheets are provided every other day the owner of the bar a (prouillo from cuba) if thats how you spell it was a great bloke and speaks perfect english, the receptionist can be a bit frosty but if you make an effort whit her she can smile and be friendly juan the night porter /watchman was very friendly no matter how late we came in he was there with a smile .The location of these apartments are ideal for the center with all its bars and restuarants.we watched the world cup final at "los danieles" a great little tappas restruant and possible the freindliest bar in spain, and ate a lot of belly busting meals at "san migueles" very good quality, and great waiters. pancho villa

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank panchovillaFife

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bærum
Reviewed 8 April 2010

we got there, and the hotel looked realy nice. But my phone and 100 euros were stolen from me. the cleaninglady stole it. i was gone for 15 min and it was gone when i came back and my clothes were all over the place. the receptionist would not help me with anything. she got angry when i confronted her with it. BAD service. but the rooms were nice.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kristin4321

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Rico hotels

Dumbarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2009

After reading other reviews I was unsure about what would meet us......but I can asure you its cleasn the reception staff couldnt be helpful enough, the room was cleaned twice a week with fresh linen and towels, the pool area is also cleaned everyday, staff at the pool bar are very polite and the home made food is amazing. I would reccomend this place to all ages although there are 80 steps down the main shopping center but you can get a taxi back up . We had such a good time we are going back again and canny wait

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1Honeymoon
Ayrshire,Scotland
Reviewed 20 August 2009

Our two week stay at the Heliomar was a memorable holiday for all the wrong reasons for my young daughter and I. The reception staff were no help at all! After complaining twice with totally no response, we phoned to try to be moved to alternative accommodation, but were unsuccessful. We requested an apartment on a lower level, due to health reasons, but were given one up what I can only describe as a mountain of stairs. The apartment was dirty and I had to ask five times for clean bed linen, which was only changed on the eleventh day of our two-week stay, after they gave me bedding at the reception to change the beds myself. Bins inside and outside apartment went unemptied for days. We were unable to use the swimming pool, as some Spanish guests staying at the apartment intimidated anyone who wasn't Spanish until they left the pool area scared. The mayhem at the swimming pool area lead to the police being called on several occassions. An apartment near ours was broken into while the people were asleep, everything of value was taken, even items and cash, which were locked in their safe. My daughter and I were shouted at by an aggressive Spanish guest from the apartment below us, telling us not to sit on our balcony and not to look out at the view of Puerto Rico down to the sea. He shouted at us everytime we happened to bump into him within the apartment complex. We were very scared, my young daughter was in tears many times. We complained to reception but they did nothing. My advice to anyone going to Puerto Rico is if you want to feel safe in a clean apartment, use the swimming pool and sunbeds without being intimidated until you're scared and leave, don't stay at the Heliomar.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
6 Thank LornaB7
Dublin
Reviewed 2 August 2009

After reading Reviews from various websites on the Heliomar Apartments Before i went on holidays to be honest i was not looking forward to going.There Seemed To be a lot of complaints about the staff , Robberies etc. In My opinion i Think it was a load of bull ! The staff are Lovely And Very Helpful , The Rooms Are Very Clean and Do be Cleaned Every Day ! The Pool Was Very Relaxing and great food from the pool bar. The only Thing I Could Fault Them For is that there is no Air Con which i thought was a bad idea as it gets very hot. I Would Definatley Return To These apartments with out a doubt and would recommend them to anyone !

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank SunSeeker-x
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2008

Area- short walk from centre

Apartments- Spacious and clean

Pool- good

dont stay here if your young and looking a lively holiday! we did and moved to PDI after 2 days cuz PR didnt have many places to go out to and party and apts wernt for our age (18-25) full of familys.

staff, Rude and unhelpful!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Jennifer_1627
middlesbrough
Reviewed 25 September 2007

we stayed at heiomar apartments on 17th sept for a week. found the accomodation very basic but it was clean. whilst there we heard of 3 burglarys which was very upsetting and it was a worry to leave your apartment even with a safe deposit box. the receptionist is not the most welcome of women you will meet and if possible try to see the younger 1 as she is much nicer. gran canaria is a lovely place though spoilt by constant touting from restaurants bars and timeshare. they just neva give you a break and this spoilt the week for me.

Stayed September 2007