“Nice stay at the Riosol”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Riosol

Hotel Riosol
Ranked #16 of 70 Hotels in Puerto Rico
Odense, Denmark
“Nice stay at the Riosol”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Riosol was an excellent place for out group of 19 people (family, age 6 to 69). The apartments seem a bit worn out, but it was no problem. I think the price is very fair, indeed. Most of the two bedroom-apartments are located at a very busy path, so I wrote to Riversun Touristic and asked for a quiet apartment. That was very good. My family didn't, and they stayed right next to the elevator and right beneath the pool area. So I would ask for a quiet apartment. We paid for breakfast and dinner as well, and it was quite all right. I think the food is as least as good as in any restaurant in Puerto Rico. The kitchen facities could be a problem if you want to cook yourselves. Most important: this is a hotel for social people - there is no privacy except for in your apartment if you draw the curtains. The lovely terraces are all open and with views to the other. But most of them with fabulous views.

Room Tip: Write and ask for an apartment on the quiet side of the pool area and elevator, especially if you ha...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank stinemalling
AparthotelRiosol, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Riosol, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that your whole family enjoyed the Apartments, the views and the Restaurant`s food. We hope to see you back again soon.

Riversun Touristic / Hotel Riosol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just came back from week at riosol. This hotel as some of the best views in Puerto Rico and well worth visiting, the reception staff are helpful and friendly, we had a problem with the safe a few days in, 1 fonecall to reception and 15mins later a technician was there to fix it. The place is clean and pretty modern. The room is the best we have stayed in for facilities, with kettle, toaster, washing up equipment I:e liquid, cloth, brush and tea towel. There is a hair dryer in the bathroom and a walk in shower, this had ample hot water and was the best shower we have had for power. The only negatives are they do cater for every nationality, we are fussy eaters so found the food to be not great sometimes. There are a lot more foreigners than English and the entertainment was focussed on them. Puerto Rico is fantastic, plenty of pubs restaurants in the commercial centre (taxi 5euro) or make our mistake and take the steps, legs ached for about 3days. The Europa centre is opposite the hotel, fine if you fancy a less busy place for a night out. Amodores beach is another great place the beach is better than Puerto Ricos beach with lovely white sand and water sports. We went to the water park at Lagos Taurito cheaper than aqualand at only 14euros plus sunbeds are free and you can take food and drink in, or leave for lunch and re-enter, it is smaller than aqualand but does the job. All in all for our first time to Gran Canaria we weren't disappointed and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room either on floor below reception or on the ground floor as every floor between...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank julie m
It has to be said that our hotel is known and extremely popular for it's stunning views and location and that the aspect overlooking Puerto Rico´s Bay can be quite breathtaking. We endeavor to match this with a comfortable, relaxed environment within and of course a high standard of service. It is so pleasing that you experienced all of this when you stayed and we hope for the opportunity again in the future.

Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed at the Riosol for 2 weeks during the May half term holidays. Our room was kept really clean and the facilities in the apartment were excellent. Our cleaner, Saraya, was very friendly and did a great job. Could not fault any of the staff as they were always friendly and helpful. We stayed Half Board - the food was excellent and there was great variety. The view from our balcony was stunning as we had a sea view. Would recommend this hotel and will be going back in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vicky G
Thank you so much for your kind words, I know the team will be motivated by your praise indeed. It is lovely to hear that everyone was really helpful and friendly, something that we pride ourselves on. It will be a pleasure for me to transmit your praise to your cleaner Soraya.
I am also glad you enjoyed the food in the Restaurant.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest regards,

Lorenzo Sentis
Riversun Touristic
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

The location is too detached from the main Puerto Rico centre and beach.
The theft of some personal property from my room, which the staff were so disinterested in that they would not even pass the phone number for the local police, in order that I could contact them.
That one incident alone sums up the level of service that this hotel provides.
One of the swimming pools was under renovation in JULY!!!!!
The pool and sun loungers could not be accessed at the other pool, between Fri to Sun, due to local Spanish families who did not stay at hotel, using the pool facilities, this went completely unchallenged by hotel staff, who were adverse to conflict of any kind, especially from local Spanish residents.
My family and I will not be returning to this hotel, under any circumstances.
I have travelled around the world and had many, many holidays.
This is the worst holiday I have ever had.

Room Tip: The best tip I can offer is find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Iaaaannnn
I am extremely disappointed to read your comments, but I am not sure whether the title of your review is entirely fair. However, your comments are accepted and feedback in any form is important to me. I am particularly concerned that you found members of the team to be uninterested and unhelpful, this is certainly not the image we want to portray for our hotel .
At the time of your stay our maintenance programme in one our swimming pools were coming to an end and I can only apologise for the impact this had on your holiday .
Riversun-Touristic offers it’s Hotel services to international guests, and the percentage of their nationalities varies every week.
All the members of our Team work very hard to offer the best service to all our guests, no matter who they are and where they come from.
I would also like to assure readers of this review that thefts are very rare in the Riosol Hotel due to security cameras on continuous surveillance.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I did enjoy my stay at the hotel however there were just a few things that i was disappointed with.

The hotel itself is in a great position. Its within 5 minutes walk of the Europa Centre (Bars, Restaurants, Mini Golf and shops) and within 30 minutes walk ( or 3€ In taxi) of the main shopping centre and main strip for bars and clubs.

The room - we were in 5116 which was just round the corner from reception and required no lifts or stairs to get to and from there. Dinner just round from reception as is swimming pool. Great position. What let it down for me was lack of air conditioning. We did have 2 fans in the rooms but those were not very powerful and not much of a substitute. The room had no privacy whatsoever. With the room being so close to reception, people were constantly walking by with suitcases and peering in. At night time it was difficult to have a quite drink on the balcony when you are disturbed every 5 minutes. Also, i do prefer a balcony with a sea view, granted it was only 10/15 metres walk to get the sea view, i don't think anything beats opening your doors and looking out onto the sea rather than a public patio.

The pool - I was disappointed that 1 of the pools (the better of the 2) was closed for almost the full week i was there. I actually learned from tripadvisor that it was closed and not from the hotel or jet2. The 1 pool that was open was great but with so many guests, it was difficult to get sunbeds together as by 12 oclock all sunbeds were reserved by towels (not moaning about this bit as this happens wherever you go). I am worried about the lack of staff at the pool. There is 1 entertainer (i'll discuss later) present most of the time but no-one else around after the pool is cleaned.

The Entertainment - In the full week i was there i spotted 1 guy doing the entertainment during the day and at night. The first day i spotted him he was doing water aerobics. Normally this activity does not normally go down well in other hotels. This guy is pretty toned so it was like watching the pied piper with pretty much every female guest dropping what they were doing to get to the pool to join in as enthusiastically as possible. The guy does a great job but theres only so much he can do. I'd suggest getting the guy some funding for more activities as he's worth keeping.

The food - I loved the food. I agree with other comments that there often isn't a great deal to choose from but whats there is excellent. Theres different themed nights each night which is great and on our last night there was a guy carving pork for you. Gorgeous.

Wifi - Free wifi in reception and you can pay 14€ for the weeks WiFi that i was able to access from most parts of the hotel.

Tv - Its 15€ for the week and i used this only because i managed to get sun poisoning and end up in bed for a couple of days. Only downside is that it says you get sky sports on the form at reception but only after youve bought it you find out this is not correct. Not too fussed as i didn't actually watch it this much.

I wouldnt return to this hotel as i prefer all inclusive and a sea view which i got from the puerto azul (hotel next door). Decided to try something different this year and while we had a good time, i cant help but think it could have been better.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
AparthotelRiosol, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Riosol, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear guest, one of the hardest tasks in my job is to obtain feedback of any kind, and I thank you for taking the time to review. I would like to think that your experience is indeed a one-off as it differs from the feedback of so many other guests and in an odd way, I am quite pleased because many of the negative points you raise are easily rectified .
Most of the Apartments in the Riosol Hotel enjoy spectacular see views and a high level of privacy. Your Apartment was situated at the main corridor, with easy access to the swimming pools and other amenities, these Apartments are on high demand and would had been easy for us to offer you an Apartment change if we had known you were not satisfied with yours, also there are portable air-conditioning units available at the reception.
I hope that you will not be deterred from a visit again in the future.

Riversun-Touristic
dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Currently staying here the service is terrible especially pool attendants, receptionists all extremely rude two of us staying payed a lot of money and they put us in a tiny apartment on the first floor have to either get a completely unsafe rusty lift or walk hundreds of steps to reception also we have the smallest balcony in the whole apartments that can only fit literally one sun bed... Think they expect us to share it! the pictures are very misleading this hotel is rubbish definitely not worth the money I'm stuck here till Sunday

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank nikcann
Dear Guest

We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay in one of our Economy Apartments.
The Apartment that you chose is one of the smallest in the hotel and this is also reflected in the price being the least expensive. We have plans of all our Apartment s on our Website for the convenience of our guests, so they can get a good appreciation of the Apartment that they are booking: Hotel Rooms, Economy Apartments, Standard Apartments, Superior Apartments and Premium Apartments, each one of them with different specifications and prices that can be seen on the webpage of Riversun-Touristic.
I am surprised that you did not mention your dislike to any of the staff, if we had known, we would have offered you an upgrade to another kind of accommodation .

Riversun-Touristic
Perth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 7 nights with a friend and my 3 children. When we arrived it was very very hot and we had a lot of suitcases a pram and 3 children we were sent off with a map to find our apartment. It took an hour and a half to find it and no one was willing to help my children had been sun burnt by the time we reached the apartment. The hotel is currently under construction so NO DISABLED access and with a pram it was a nightmare we had 13 flights of stairs to our apartment. One of the swimming pools were closed for maintenance so only had the kids pool available. Staff very very unhelpful they are only interested in money. The TV cost 3 euros a day to watch and wifi was 15 euros per person not per apartment for a week. The safe was 3 euros a day if you wanted to use that. No air conditioning and it was very hot while we were there especially for the children. The food was very poor we had to leave hotel every time we wanted to eat. The park is hidden away so unless you ask you won't find it. No sign of a kids club at all and the tennis court costs per half hour 6 euros . We left our apartment one day for a few hours and my 9 year old left his phone on the bed when we returned the maid had been in and the phone was gone. Hotel not willing to accept responsibility in fact they laughed at us. My son had to come home without it loosing a lot of lovely pictures that were in his phone. On another occasion we had food and drink stolen out of our room once maid had been in and the managers answer was we should keep things in the safe so they are not stolen. Rooms never tidied very well and beds not made back up after they were stripped. The beach is very far away a taxi is needed every time. Pool facilities not the best. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. This was my kids first holiday abroad and I was very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Lsmith0606
AparthotelRiosol, Director General at Hotel Riosol, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Fortunately most of the guests at Hotel Riosol leave after their holiday very happy with our installations and service, and we always feel sad when that is not the case, as it seems occurred with these two ladies Mrs Smith
However in this particular case we feel obliged to answer some of their over exaggerated comments and indeed some falsehoods, with the clear intention of damaging the Hotels reputation and the defamation of our staff.
In the first place we would like to say that effectively, during these ladies stay at Riosol work was being carried out on the ramp at the Hotel entrance to comply with new legal standards, and the alternative entrance has only thirteen steps…and no member of this group had a mobility problem!
It is also true that one of the pools(the smaller one) was under repair with unexpected technical problems, but the main larger pool and the childrens pool were operating as normal, therefore their comments that there was NO pool available is not true.
These ladies forgot to mention that because the ramp and smaller pool were under repair they got a 15% discount on their bill, and most certainly we did not agree to their pretended demand of 100% FREE.
With regard to their complaint that they had to pay for the Safe, Wifi, T.V. or Air-conditioning, these clients chose this option when they made their booking through BOOKING.COM, and these services were not included. On the same web page there are other offers for “Superior” and “Premium” apartments where these services are included in the booking price.
Without a doubt the main reason for their discordance was because the Hotel did not accept the responsibility for the disappearance of a mobile phone from their Apartment they said..It is a standard rule in Hotels world wide, that the Hotels are not responsible for valuables etc. which are not deposited in the safe, which is available in every Apartment, and this is clearly stated in the information manual in every Apartment. We are not putting in doubt that a mobile phone may have disappeared, and we cannot understand why these ladies didn´t think of the possibility that perhaps their young child could have misplaced the mobile phone, but they didn´t doubt for one moment in accusing the chambermaid directly of THEFT. I must add that this chamber-maid has been working with us for 15 years and we have never received a complaint of this sort about her in all this time, the accusation is clearly defamatory , and this lady is extremely upset at such an accusation.
And finally we would like to add that we reserve the right to take the legal action we consider opportune in defence of our Hotels reputation and the honour of our staff.
Manuel L. Sastre