“Nice, Clean , Friendly”

Servatur Puerto Azul
Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Puerto Rico
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We were greeted at reception by a friendly Irish girl. We had asked for a high room with a sea view and that's exactly what we got. Rooms are fairly basic but immaculately clean. Any problems we had with the room were immediately rectified with no fuss.
The two drinks per person per visit to the bar was strictly enforced which was a little frustrating as there were three of us but it wasn't a problem.
Food in general is good, I certainly haven't gone hungry. Only once did I have to make use of the microwave in the restaurant. One dissappointment, was the daily snacks, they weren't freshly cooked and were left to dry making them almost I edible by mid afternoon, but hey, if I were at home I wouldn't even have a cooked snack!!
The pool is nice with seperate shallow and deep areas. Sadly when half term arrived the pools were invaded by the English, with thier ball games and lilos both of which were against the rules. The adult relaxation area was great. King size cabanas, an abundance of jacuzzis and more than enough sunbeds meant we never went without.
I would thoroughly recommend a trip on the ferry, along the coast to Puerto Mogan, a stunning little harbour with lovely shops and good restaurants along the marina. All in all Puerto RICO is a great resort, not too commercialised. Puerto Azul provides good value, and a great location with stunning views.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Jeffrey C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,965)

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Recently returned from this hotel and felt necessary to write a review! I had read a lot of comments on the hotel and feel a bit annoyed at how fussy people are!!! This hotel does not claim to be a 5 star hotel so why do people expect 5 star service? The hotel was clean, staff very friendly and helpful, we had our room cleaned most days. I am a single parent to a 9 year old and suited both of us and had a fab time. There is a kids club which my daughter didn't want to join in, and a nightly disco and nightly entertainment.Foodwise, it's not just English people staying at the hotel so they have to cater for everyone, all tastes and I thought there was variety.The Chinese night was gorgeous!! I saw some people had complained the food was cold, I like my food hot so used the microwaves available to re-heat!! Its not difficult! I highly recommend catching the bus to Palmitos Park where you can watch a dolphin show, you can also have your photo taken with a dolphin for 20 euros. My daughter and I were lucky enough to be asked to take part in the show!! It was awesome!! There isn't air con in the rooms but you are provided with a fan which works just as well. I woke up cold on two nights and had to turn it off!! Keep your curtains closed to keep the heat out the room during the day.
For the price of the hotel I think it's great value for money, don't go with high expectations, and finally relax you're on holiday!! :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank GayleClair
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We have just returned from a weeks break at Puerto azul apartments/hotel we had previously stayed here 2 years before and the hotel seemed just as good. The reception area is clean and tidy with a great pool area with plenty of sunbeds (although somedays we did struggle to get a sunbed if we left it until 10am but people did move around lunch time), the jacuzzi area is really nice with beautiful views down into puerto rico, although not all jacuzzi got warm until later in the afternoon not sure if they warmed up with heat from sun? there were also a couple of jacuzzi broken, we stayed on a self catering basis with good facilities in the room with microwave, cooker, fridge and cups etc. The maids were also brilliant and once even did our washing up which we didnt leave out on purpose, we were going to do them later and when we got back it was all done! there seemed to be plenty of entertainment for kids etc I would not recommond peurto rico for people with walking difficulties as it is really hilly, although top centre is a 10 min walk upto the top or 600 and odd steps down to beach but taxis are cheap and good defo worth the 3/4 euros. There is nothing much round the hotel apart from the shopping centre but is an onsite supermarket for convinience but is more expensive than other supermarkets in the centres, puerto morgan is definantly worth a visit you can either catch local bus or ferry from the harbour in perto rico which is 10 euro per person return, local bus's are easy to use we also went to the neighbouring town of arguinigeon (excuse the spelling) which cost 2 euros and odd for both of us single or 5 euros in taxis, we also caught the bus from the airport (Number 91) to save taxi fares which cost 11 euros for both of us and took around 45 mins direct to puerto rico bus station and then caught a taxi up which will save you on taxi fares if youve not prebooked your transfer as i think there about 60/70 euros.all in all peurto rico and peurto azul are not bad for a nice break away, just be aware in the shopping centres keep an eye on your belongings, plenty of suncream and youll be in for a good break!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room, we were in a room on the 4th floor any lower and i think you will be looking...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nicola g
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the puerto azul from the 10th May - 17th. First of all, the old faded sign outside the hotel doesn't give off a good first impression on arrival. But walking through to reception I was pleasantly suprised. Pool area nice, people tend to get up early to save loungers, even though there are signs saying its not allowed!! We preffered the adult only area as it was very peaceful and a fantastic view. FOOD? Wouldn't call that food! I doubt pigs would eat that rubbish. I actually lost 5lb whilst we were there because I couldn't physically eat it! I'm deffinately not a fussy eater either, but when your faced with chicken nuggets and chips at breakfast, along with rock hard scrambled egg and stale bread, I think I would rather starve! Saying that the ice cream was nice... Good old nestle!! Had issues with the tv top up card, paid for 6 days of extra channels, didn't get any English channels. We asked the reception to rectify this twice, nothing!! So talked to our rep and it was sorted. I could go on & on.Overall really dissapointed .

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Kelxxee
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Me, my partner and our 6 and three year old daughters stayed here for a week all inclusive in September 2011, we enjoyed it so much we are booked to go again in June this year and can't wait! The staff were all very friendly and always on hand to help if they could. We were really lucky with the room and got one on the pool level and the views were amazing. The room was big enough for our family of 4, having a separate bedroom and bathroom. There isn't air con but it's a three star so you shouldn't really expect it to be fair, additional fans are available from reception if needed. Small supermarket just outside of the main reception, taxi rank just outside reception (about 3 / 4 euro to either Puerto Rico beach or Amadores). there were plenty of sunbeds and we never struggled to get one. The pools were great, nice and big (our daughter even learnt to swim properly whilst here last year) and the adult only section was wonderful, peaceful with great views and jacuzzi's. The food was average OK (i'm fussy but managed to find three meals a day quite easily), my partner and the children loved it and always went back for more. The food was sometimes on the cooler side, but I found this to be mostly with the snack bar in the pool bar area. As with some other reviews, breakfast can be interesting as you might see carrots or similar, but hey, they cater for many nationalities and there was always full English available if that's what you wanted. As with most hotels in Puerto Rico it's built in to / on the cliff meaning there are quite few steps but you have to expect this as it's Puerto Rico, if you don't want steps you should choose a different resort.

To sum it up - This hotel makes for a great real good value family holiday. Good location, great staff, good rooms , great pools - we enjoyed it so much we are going back !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank steven s
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We were a couple and stayed 16th May 2012 til 23rd May 2012.

Lovely pool, lots of sunbeds, adult area with Jacuzzi's and double sun beds.

Amazing view of the beach from our room!

Large apartments, cleaned everyday ( new towels/ sheets/ floor mopped/ bins emptied)

Food was good for us as a young couple, lots of choice - chicken, potatoes, chips, carrots, pork, fish, salad etc etc.

overall a very enjoyable holiday, all inclusive was good it included the local beer which I thought was very good, all cocktails and soft drinks!

Highly recommend

Room Tip: ask for beach view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Myself, my partner and our little boy who was 1 and half at the time stayed at the puerto azul july 2011. We had a fantastic holiday!! we really want to go back this year but cant as im heavily pregnant with our second child. We will most definatly go back here in a years time or so though. Our experiences of the hotel and service we recieved where great. There was always entertainment on and childrens entertainment, the staff was great and really friendly. The food was OK some nights we really enjoyed the food other nights it wasnt to our taste, but our little boy loved it and ate very well whilst we were on holiday which was very suprising as he is a very fussy eater! The swimming pools was fantastic! only thing i would reccomend is put your towels down early for your sunbeds as they go so quickly! We loved the location of the hotel as we did enjoy going to the euro town a lot. This had been our 3rd visit to Gran Canaria, Puerto Rico, we have stopped in different hotels previously but would with out a doubt go back to the Aparthotel Puerto Azul!! Would highly reccomend it!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family