“Well worth the money”

Servatur Puerto Azul
Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Puerto Rico
Reviewed 13 June 2012

It's a lovely clean hotel with fantastic views over the sea. Taxis really cheap to take you to the bars and shops. Food and drinks are worth the money for a three star hotel and staff were very helpful and rooms spotlessly clean. Adult only terrace great idea and jacuzzis never full. Would go here again for a cheap holiday in the sun

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank Natalie K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,918)

Reviewed 13 June 2012

we were a tad worried about the negitive comments we read on this site. However they were wrong. The hotel was supurb the apartments were lovely and spacious, cleaned 5 out of 7 days which i thought was exerlent. Isabel was very misarable but you just have to get over that, all the bar staff could do with a lots of training in customer care. no problems with the food there was plenty of varity for all, even chips for breakfast!! the pool area was clean and tidy, and the adult area was lush, we spent a lot of time in there. the steps down into town was a welcome challange for something to do after eating so much food! the beach was nice the weather was brill. we will definatly be returning to this hotel the best holiday we have had for years

Room Tip: numbers beginnig with 1 and 2 are shaded in the afternoon and the views are fab of the beach
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank wendy B
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This is the 2nd time I have been to this hotel & it has pleased me and my family both times. My room was cleaned nearly everyday I was there (7days) the pool is gawjus the view is amazing such a pretty hotel, the food was good lots to choice from everyday. I will be returning to this hotel as it was such a friendly hotel and you really feel like your being treated well i had a week of relaxation I didn't want to leave :( :(

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Misszozo90
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I would say my only gripe about this hotel is the day time bar member isabel who is as misrable as sin and the fact that if you go from 11th june 2012 you will find the main pool closed for two weeks other wise a great time was had

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jdbrown16
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We were greeted at reception by a friendly Irish girl. We had asked for a high room with a sea view and that's exactly what we got. Rooms are fairly basic but immaculately clean. Any problems we had with the room were immediately rectified with no fuss.
The two drinks per person per visit to the bar was strictly enforced which was a little frustrating as there were three of us but it wasn't a problem.
Food in general is good, I certainly haven't gone hungry. Only once did I have to make use of the microwave in the restaurant. One dissappointment, was the daily snacks, they weren't freshly cooked and were left to dry making them almost I edible by mid afternoon, but hey, if I were at home I wouldn't even have a cooked snack!!
The pool is nice with seperate shallow and deep areas. Sadly when half term arrived the pools were invaded by the English, with thier ball games and lilos both of which were against the rules. The adult relaxation area was great. King size cabanas, an abundance of jacuzzis and more than enough sunbeds meant we never went without.
I would thoroughly recommend a trip on the ferry, along the coast to Puerto Mogan, a stunning little harbour with lovely shops and good restaurants along the marina. All in all Puerto RICO is a great resort, not too commercialised. Puerto Azul provides good value, and a great location with stunning views.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Jeffrey C
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Recently returned from this hotel and felt necessary to write a review! I had read a lot of comments on the hotel and feel a bit annoyed at how fussy people are!!! This hotel does not claim to be a 5 star hotel so why do people expect 5 star service? The hotel was clean, staff very friendly and helpful, we had our room cleaned most days. I am a single parent to a 9 year old and suited both of us and had a fab time. There is a kids club which my daughter didn't want to join in, and a nightly disco and nightly entertainment.Foodwise, it's not just English people staying at the hotel so they have to cater for everyone, all tastes and I thought there was variety.The Chinese night was gorgeous!! I saw some people had complained the food was cold, I like my food hot so used the microwaves available to re-heat!! Its not difficult! I highly recommend catching the bus to Palmitos Park where you can watch a dolphin show, you can also have your photo taken with a dolphin for 20 euros. My daughter and I were lucky enough to be asked to take part in the show!! It was awesome!! There isn't air con in the rooms but you are provided with a fan which works just as well. I woke up cold on two nights and had to turn it off!! Keep your curtains closed to keep the heat out the room during the day.
For the price of the hotel I think it's great value for money, don't go with high expectations, and finally relax you're on holiday!! :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank GayleClair
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We have just returned from a weeks break at Puerto azul apartments/hotel we had previously stayed here 2 years before and the hotel seemed just as good. The reception area is clean and tidy with a great pool area with plenty of sunbeds (although somedays we did struggle to get a sunbed if we left it until 10am but people did move around lunch time), the jacuzzi area is really nice with beautiful views down into puerto rico, although not all jacuzzi got warm until later in the afternoon not sure if they warmed up with heat from sun? there were also a couple of jacuzzi broken, we stayed on a self catering basis with good facilities in the room with microwave, cooker, fridge and cups etc. The maids were also brilliant and once even did our washing up which we didnt leave out on purpose, we were going to do them later and when we got back it was all done! there seemed to be plenty of entertainment for kids etc I would not recommond peurto rico for people with walking difficulties as it is really hilly, although top centre is a 10 min walk upto the top or 600 and odd steps down to beach but taxis are cheap and good defo worth the 3/4 euros. There is nothing much round the hotel apart from the shopping centre but is an onsite supermarket for convinience but is more expensive than other supermarkets in the centres, puerto morgan is definantly worth a visit you can either catch local bus or ferry from the harbour in perto rico which is 10 euro per person return, local bus's are easy to use we also went to the neighbouring town of arguinigeon (excuse the spelling) which cost 2 euros and odd for both of us single or 5 euros in taxis, we also caught the bus from the airport (Number 91) to save taxi fares which cost 11 euros for both of us and took around 45 mins direct to puerto rico bus station and then caught a taxi up which will save you on taxi fares if youve not prebooked your transfer as i think there about 60/70 euros.all in all peurto rico and peurto azul are not bad for a nice break away, just be aware in the shopping centres keep an eye on your belongings, plenty of suncream and youll be in for a good break!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room, we were in a room on the 4th floor any lower and i think you will be looking...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple