Excellent Holiday - Main reason due to our lovely hotel, Puerto Azul. Couldnt believe how nice it was.
We had a brilliant room - great size, room facilities were good, nice decor, modern. fridge & all kitchen equipment. Safe available to rent. What was amazing was our view - right out on to the ocean - I think most rooms or all rooms have a sea view. It was lovely. Even better - balconies were big with chairs and table and 2 sunbeds which was a nice bonus. Room we had got sun most of the day. Very happy with the room. 5806 i think - close to the pool.
Place was clean, workers were very efficient & professional - kept everything in order at restaurant and pool bar. absolutely no problems.
food and drink were quite good. Usual all inclusive options in restaurant etc (know what to expect) - with a few added fancy things eg smoothies one morning & chocolate fountain one evening - things like that. We had no problems. Drinks were self service at restaurant and at the bar - which was great!beer, 3 types wine and soft drinks. Spirits were served by bar man who was bubbly & happy all of the time.
Pools were excellent. lots of space when we were there (wasnt 100% full). there is an adults area which in my opinion is fabulous!! sunbeds and a jacuzzi where you could lie and look right down on to puerto rico. class!!! also, there is a lovely massage therapist there & you can book a massage (at a cost) it is definitely recommended!!!!!!!
location of the hotel is good - we knew what to expect. it is at the top and there are 700 steps down to the beach and surrounding areas. we knew that before we booked and were happy enough. tough enough walk for anyone who has difficulty with steps/hills. but taxis 3-4 euro each way. and the europa centre is just up the hill (steep hill) - bars shops and restaurants. good thing about the location of the hotel is the view. we didnt mind the walking. (we didnt actually walk up the steps, just down!!!!!)
Some people say the entertainment isnt up to scratch but i actually enjoyed most of it - it really is about relaxing over a wee drink or two in the evenings & it was nice to watch what was going on each evening. usual things - bingo, dancing, magic shows, bird shows - acts coming in to do it.
2 of the evenings we went out for a dander round the main shopping centre and europa. (there was football on tv!!!)
Great resort - would definitely return to it. nice beach and main shopping centre with bars shops and restaurants and also the europa centre. theres mini golf and beach activities and plenty of boat excursions etc. we took a bus to arguineguin (maybe not spelt right) to go to a weekly market - tuesdays. and we got the boat to a local harbour port mogan which was nice. we also walked along the promenade from puerto rico to amadores and it was lovely. lovely place.
all in all - we had 100% a positive experience in this hotel. Would recommend it & would love to return!!!!!!!!!!!
Well done to the staff and management at this hotel - a really good effort and we were really impressed with it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Servatur Puerto Azul hotel, with a 3 star category, is located between the beaches of Amadores and Puerto Rico. Built on a cliff top, with a privileged situation over the ocean, providing spectacular views. Servatur Puerto Azul provides 385 units, totally equipped, as well as different bars and a restaurant where you can enjoy international and canarian cuisine. Servatur Puerto Azul has two swimming pools (one heated during winter months), large sun lounge with complimentary sun beds and sunshades, a relaxation area with jacuzzi, gardens, sport areas and children playgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Servatur Puerto Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servatur Aparthotel Puerto Azul Hotel Puerto Rico
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Rico
- Puerto Azul Gran Canaria
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Hotel Rico
- Servatur Puerto Azul Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria