ALL Staff were always friendly and happy to help, even have a joke on with you.
Special mention to Cruz and Edmundo from the pool bar they were lovely. pool bar next to entertainment closes at 11pm.
Pool selection and size were excellent with plenty of sunbeds especially in adult area.
They do aqua zumba and pool activities during the day which looked good.
Adult area jacuzzi overlooking resort was amazing.
Wish we asked for higher room (we had 1107) so our view was better but it wasn't unbearable, I'm sure they would have changed if we had been bothered to ask. Yes we had 3 lifts down to our room but this was no problem.
Though its all inclusive it also has everything you need in a self catering which was handy (kettle,hob, fridge, microwave, toaster) that was in a studio.
Balconies have sunbeds and table and chairs, room had fan (adequate) and hairdryer with bath with overhead shower, good wardrobe and full length mirrors.
Food was average as expected but it filled a hole and still ended up going back for more.. We only ate out once in a week, we went for later time so we could stay at the pool until 6 then go for food about half 8 in time to finish for the entertainment, which was okay something to do if your not venturing out! The lion king show was the best one.
Drinks selection very good... beer malibu vodka amaretto peach shnapps etc...
Location - good. walk down the steps takes 15 mins-ish to the beach/harbour. Taxi 3eur each way, vgood. There is a supermarket next to the hotel and places to eat/drink/souvenirs either at the top of the hill (europa center) or at the bottom of the hill in peurto rico town.
We got the bus one day to the water park (26 eur each I think) which was very good but beware the last bus back is 17.30 we had to get a taxi for 25 eur after paying for a return ticket for 10eur for 2 of us. Another day we done the 'Sagittarius-cat' boat trip which was good but advertises more than you actually do e.g. see turtles - we didn't, see dolphins - we were clearly too far close to land for their to be any, and go in the sea caves, which there was no mention of once we were actually on the boat. She also said when selling it to us that parasailing was 12 euro each.. it was 25 each so good job we brought just enough money but still a good boat trip anyway just be careful.
We travelled as two 21 year old females staying 7 nights.. I was originally going with my partner who then couldn't attend due to work but we had a lovely relaxing break.. there is no noise at night or rowdy groups. For young people or people that do want a good drink/party get the taxi down to the shopping centre theres plently of lively bars at night we particularly liked riders where its 2 drinks for 7 eur which closes at 3am then everyone goes to another place which closes at 7am, then theres the usual places with promo people. As well as families and couples This is the perfect holiday for young people who like clubs and bars but don't want to go to the likes of magaluf etc.
People complaining about wifi... it does work in public areas, rooms apparently not but your on holiday, stick a euro in the computer if you need to... also worth checking at reception if through travel provider you can get it free, we met some english people who got it free through their company.
If your return flight is later there is a curtesy room with plenty of showers so you can still pool it during the day.
Overall excellent holiday hotel had everything you need and more for 3 star would definitely recommend, can honestly say we had no problems.. and I can be quite picky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Servatur Puerto Azul hotel, with a 3 star category, is located between the beaches of Amadores and Puerto Rico. Built on a cliff top, with a privileged situation over the ocean, providing spectacular views. Servatur Puerto Azul provides 385 units, totally equipped, as well as different bars and a restaurant where you can enjoy international and canarian cuisine. Servatur Puerto Azul has two swimming pools (one heated during winter months), large sun lounge with complimentary sun beds and sunshades, a relaxation area with jacuzzi, gardens, sport areas and children playgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Servatur Puerto Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servatur Aparthotel Puerto Azul Hotel Puerto Rico
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Rico
- Puerto Azul Gran Canaria
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Hotel Rico
- Servatur Puerto Azul Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria