We returned home last night after a wonderful 11 night stay in the Maracaibo apartments from the 18th to 29th June.
We had booked our airport transfers through ww.trasladoscanarias.es as I had read another review on Trip adviser who recommended them and really we couldn't fault them. We paid €75 For the private return transfer and they were very efficient, waiting for us on arrival and there in time to collect us yesterday for our flight home.
Now for the Maracaibo! Of course as always you will read mixed reviews on most accommodations so of course in the back of your mind you always have a little worry but we just couldn't fault them. We were a family of 4 adults and our son who is 3 and a half. We arrived at the apartments around 12.30pm and were in our apartment by 1pm! We booked a 2 bedroom apartment, and it was beautiful. One bedroom had a king size bed in it, and not 2 beds put together as I checked the matress! The second bedroom had 2 single beds. The only issue we had was that the second bedroom had very very little storage space, so we had to share the big wardrobe in the double room but it all worked out fine in the end!
Our balcony had amazing sea views of Amadoras beach and also our swimming pool. There were always sunbeds available and the pool was lovely, our son never wanted to get out! The pool bar did lovely food, especially the margarita pizzas ! The staff were amazingly friendly, everyone in Puerto Rico was! Our favourite restaurants were Aguaviva down on Amadoras beach, we ate there about 4 nights, their steaks are to die for and my husband loved loved the sizzling prawns in garlic! Also try Las Vegas restaurant in the commercial centre.
We would definately go back to stay in Maracaibo, fingers crossed maybe next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maracaibo Aparthotel and Restaurant is a family owned property located in the South of Gran Canaria and overlooks the Puerto Rico Beach and Yacht Marina just 400meters away. Built in 1970 and renovated in 2008, the Aparthotel has 101 Rooms, 17 Deluxe, 18 Superior and 66 Standard. All rooms have a private balcony/terrace, direct telephone line, satellite colour TV, Air Conditioning, Kitchen, and are about 55m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Splitty, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maracaibo Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maracaibo Aparthotel Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Maracaibo Apartments
- Maracaibo Aparthotel Hotel Puerto Rico