Stayed here with my partner for 7 days from July 3rd. When we arrived we were greeted by who we think was the hotel owner.. he was really nice and informed us what level the pool and restaurant were on, the wifi code and told us how to get to the beach.
We were given our card key for the 4th floor and took the lift up. When we got to our room we were not disappointed! We walked into the room with the kitchen as you walk straight in on your left then there was a bathroom next to it then you walk into the living room then finally the bedroom.. the bed was huge and could probably sleep 3 people comfortably.. but even better with just two!! The curtains were drawn when we got there and were amazed at the views when we drew them back! The view of the beach is stunning and below you have a nice view of the pool and restaurant too. We had a free bottle of wine in our room too which was nice!
The beach Is 4 minutes away.. a nice easy walk! Amadores beach took us about 15-20 mins to walk to but it was a lovely walk all around the coast. Amadores beach is shingle though.. still nice but sore feet by then end.. it was also a bit rocky in the sea. Puerto rico beach is stunning.. sand and the sea is clear with no rocks either.. its a lovely stride out in the sea too.
When we went out in peurto rico it seemed VERY quiet.. we thought where is everyone!! But on the 3rd night we found the shopping centre (by the angry bird activity park) and thats where all the people were.. They have lovely restaurants in there exspecially.. Las Vegas Steak house and Da pinchhio. But please venture out of the shopping centre.. there is a lovely hill top restaurant at the end of the harbour (as if walking to amadores) and Vivaldi (I think thats what it was called) an Italian restaurant that probably dont get the credit they deserve. Me and my partner used trip advisor to ensure we picked good places and made sure didnt just stay in on section of Puerto Rico.
The pool is lovely and we didnt get many people reserving sun beds which was good.. being so close to the beach I think people went to the beach more.. the pool got busy-ish around 11.30-12.
We didnt eat in the restaurant at dinner but did have lunch in there once.. it was fine for lunch food, nice enough but there was a few people eating there on an evening.
There is a nice supermarket about 30 metres down the road which was very handy.
Room was cleaned to a good standard 6 times out of the 7.
The only thing I would say is that pur front door needed a bot of TLC as it had a few gaps in the door (at the bottom was probably a 5cm gap from the door to the floor) and I think thats how one cockroach got in but to be fair they always find a way in.
I would definitely recommend this hotel! Great location, great weather, great holiday!!
ROOM TIP- stay 3rd, 4th or 5th floor for the best views!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maracaibo Aparthotel and Restaurant is a family owned property located in the South of Gran Canaria and overlooks the Puerto Rico Beach and Yacht Marina just 400meters away. Built in 1970 and renovated in 2008, the Aparthotel has 101 Rooms, 17 Deluxe, 18 Superior and 66 Standard. All rooms have a private balcony/terrace, direct telephone line, satellite colour TV, Air Conditioning, Kitchen, and are about 55m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Maracaibo Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maracaibo Aparthotel Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Maracaibo Apartments
- Maracaibo Aparthotel Hotel Puerto Rico