Just home from a great 2 week holiday at the Maracaibo, the complex is in a great location, close to beach, bus station and commercial centre. We stayed in a superior room on 4th floor, it had a great view, Aircon and wifi included and a bottle of wine on arrival. The pool area was lovely and food from pool bar was good, staff also very friendly. The only bad point we had was the maid from the fourth floor! We found on our last day that an aqualand bag we had bought from the waterpark which had a few souvenirs in it had been taken from the room while we were at the pool for a couple of hours, the only explanation is it was taken while our room was being cleaned as there was no one else in the room during this time. We also noticed that some of the cleaning trollies had some of these bags on them as people may have left them behind and the maids liked to use them for storage. We were really annoyed at this and didn't want to leave any of our possessions unattended while we were out on our last day. On another occasion we came home to find our laptop broken (screen broken as if it had been dropped), again our only explanation is it must have happened when the maid was in because every time we left the apartment we placed the laptop in its bag in the wardrobe so no way it could have fallen by itself. I don't want to take away from the rest of this hotel due to this bad experience because apart from this we really did enjoy our stay. However we just want to make the management aware of this so they can take appropriate action to ensure this doesn't happen again because unfortunatley we didn't have a chance to say it on check out as our bus was waiting outside!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maracaibo Aparthotel and Restaurant is a family owned property located in the South of Gran Canaria and overlooks the Puerto Rico Beach and Yacht Marina just 400meters away. Built in 1970 and renovated in 2008, the Aparthotel has 101 Rooms, 17 Deluxe, 18 Superior and 66 Standard. All rooms have a private balcony/terrace, direct telephone line, satellite colour TV, Air Conditioning, Kitchen, and are about 55m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Alpha Holidays Limited, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Maracaibo Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maracaibo Aparthotel Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Maracaibo Apartments
- Maracaibo Aparthotel Hotel Puerto Rico