Don't read any bad reviews they are all rubbish!!!
Stayed for a week with partner and in laws for a week at riu vistamar and was very sad to leave!!!!
We arrived mid afternoon at vistamar and were extremely pleased with the location....even though some are put of by the cliff side hotel! Through no fault of the hotel we chose a bus transfer that took ages to get there, not due to being far away, there were many drops on the short journey! I'd recommend getting a taxi from airport and back and takes 40 mins and cost 50 euros! A late dinner awaited us and we never felt hungry throughout the whole holiday!
The rooms were very clean and maintained excellently by the hotel maids.....even leaving us flowers and folding our washing :) a small tip....take your own hairdryer....they are not so powerful on long hair! No biggie though!
The in laws got there a week before us and asked for our room to be near to theirs....This request was served and we had a room next door to them so a thumbs up on that front! The pool areas, restaurants and bars were all spotless and.....in fact probably the cleanest hotel i've ever stayed in! There was an excellent range of food types for everyone whether you like good old meat and 2 veg, burgers, chips, pizza all the way along to paella, grilled fish and fresh pasta! I beg to differ with some reviews i read before going that the food was bland, limited and repetetive! i tried something new every day and always enjoyed my meals! The main restaurant was great but for a change i strongly recommend the pool side restaurant which is open 3 nights during the week, do book these in advance as there are limited spots! We loved the asian speciality night and canarian night at this restaurant which provided stunning views of the sea and was a welcome change of surrounding to eat at! The sollarium was an excellent, quiet place, for sunbathing if you aren't into being at the poolside and also amadores beach which is in full view of all the rooms and pools was also kept very clean! Sunbeds and umbrellas came at a small charge though! You could walk down to the beach but if walking up and down steep banks isn't your thing then a free bus runs every hour from the hotel reception to run you up and down and dropped you off right by the beach and sea! From the beach is a small walk to puerto rico which was a little busier and the best place to catch a boat trip or do some watersports! Entertainment was pretty good: grease night, tina turner impersonator, acrobats and loads more and drinks flowed costantly! The locals spirits are pretty good even having their own baileys and malibu but we loved the sangria, beer and cocktails! The kids club looked great but having no children we only saw that from a distance but the staff looking after children seemed great and very safety orientated! My partner hates sunbathing so he enjoyed air gun shooting which allowed a bit of time for me to worship the sun :) Hope review helps and have a great hol
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Set on a cliff overlooking the sea * 9-story building * 900 m to the beach * Complimentary bus service to the beach * 2 km from Puerto Rico * 900 m from various shops * 45 km from the airport * 100 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Vistamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- ClubHotel Riu Vistamar Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Club Hotel Riu Vistamar
- Clubhotel Riu Vistamar Hotel