Stayed 8th - 22nd july 2013. Lovely hotel with stunning views over Amadores Beach. Other guests from all over Europe as well as Spain and the north of GC. Room - nice twin room with sea view; plenty of wardrobe and drawer space with plenty of hangers. Carpeted too. Lovely mixer tap shower over full length bath. Even a bidet! As with all other parts of the hotel, splendidly clean - thank you Antonia for tidying up for us. Pools - not big enough for number of guests. We didn't even dip a toe in - preferred to use courtesy bus to Amadores beach. Food - as usual in a Riu hotel every palate catered for with food constantly available. After breakfast the pool restaurant opens to carry on late breakfast, then changes to early lunch which is available all day. Drinks - plenty of choice with quite a few brands used - Jack Daniels and Baileys amongst others. Staff - all very friendly and happy to help, nothing too much trouble. Thomson Rep - Cally was brilliant, always spoke when passing and available to answer any questions or just chat to. Things to do locally - take courtesy bus to beach; also take bus to promenade to walk around cliff path to Puerto Rico with loads of bars, cafes, large shopping centre, crazy golf and a McDonalds. Also a harbour where boat trips go from. We did dolphin trip on catamaran and saw huge pod of dolphins and 4 pilot whales - great experience for only 29 euros each. Another great feature of this hotel is that there is a 'solarium' for adults only with about 50 loungers overlooking the sea. Only thing missing from this little area is a small bar and a small pool. Will probably go back to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone who likes AI holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Set on a cliff overlooking the sea * 9-story building * 900 m to the beach * Complimentary bus service to the beach * 2 km from Puerto Rico * 900 m from various shops * 45 km from the airport * 100 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Vistamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- ClubHotel Riu Vistamar Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Club Hotel Riu Vistamar
- Clubhotel Riu Vistamar Hotel