Family of 4 just returned from one week stay at this hotel, couldn't call it a holiday as my family all experienced vomiting and diarrhoea from for 5 days out of the 7. The hotel management and the Thomson rep completely denying there was a problem and that my family were the only sick people in the hotel, absolute rubbish, there were many many sick people the week we stayed there. Basic hand hygiene in the public toilets could not be adhered to as there was no soap in any of the dispensers and when the hotel staff were alerted to this they became extremely rude and dismissive. Even on the day of departure the soap dispensers had not been filled and that was after a week of asking! The main restaurant was like eating in a school canteen and often the food was lukewarm although we didn't get to eat there that often as one of us was usually nursing a sick child. Also, the plastic cups and glasses had a really foul smell and taste to them which tainted the flavour of the drink you were having but again we didn't get to experience that much due to sick children. If you have been lucky enough to stay at this hotel recently without being ill then that is great but we are certainly not being picky because we have nothing better to do as one review stated, we most certainly do have reason write a review stating the facts as they happened to us. We do not expect to pay a substantial amount for a family holiday which resulted in sickness at a 4 star hotel with hotel staff being rude and dismissive and a holiday rep who clearly did not know what to do except deny there was a problem in the first place. Sadly, not a good experience at this hotel nor with the Thomson rep. Would definitely NOT go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Set on a cliff overlooking the sea * 9-story building * 900 m to the beach * Complimentary bus service to the beach * 2 km from Puerto Rico * 900 m from various shops * 45 km from the airport * 100 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Vistamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- ClubHotel Riu Vistamar Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Club Hotel Riu Vistamar
- Clubhotel Riu Vistamar Hotel