Arrived at 2am and the receptionist was friendly helpful and very quick. We had emailed ahead to ask for a beach view which they couldn't guarantee but we did get it. The restaurant was open with a salad buffet waiting for us and drinks which was very much appreciated.
We were on the top floor where the rooms are only for two people so quite small but adequate with plenty of storage and the spent most of the time on the balcony just looking at the view. The room was peaceful at night and we slept with the doors open every night . The bathroom was stocked with toiletries everyday and the shower/bath always had plenty of hot water.
The main restaurant still uses two sittings at 6.30 & 8.30 at night for dinner but if you want to change your sitting they will do this. You also get told where to sit, it can be rather cramped if all the table around you turn up at the same time. Food in the evening was very good improvement on the last time we visited and some days the chefs would be out doing live cooking. A always plenty of choice to meet all tastes. Breakfast again had plenty of choice from full English smoothies and pancakes. The fresh bread was gorgeous and very soft. Lunchtime we always ate in the pool bar where there was pasta dishes pizzas, salad and some days the best garlic bread. Ice cream was available and lots of fresh fruit all day. Two nights we ate in the pool bar at night too where you get table service for drinks and a themed meal.
Swimming pool areas were all very clean and the waiters were always about collecting the plastic cups up that people had bought from the bar. Unfortunately you did get some people who obviously could not read take glasses up to the pool and food. We saw 1 glass get broken and the person just left it but it was reported to the lifeguard who got it cleared up in a fashion.
Another downside you did have to get up in the mornings to put your towels out. We often did not go up till 8am on way to breakfast and you would not be able to get a poolside bed. You have to be down by 7 if not earlier. However plenty of beds and if you went to the beach in the morning you could normally find a bed when you came back.
One lifeguard normally dressed all in red did not seem to be bothered about his job just his phone. Was always on it and even when we tried to attract his attention (5 people shouting at him) he still did not respond good job no one was drowning!! The others were all ok.
Entertainers did a good job always had loads of things going on for all ages and the pool was always full when doing aquafit, volleyball etc. night entertainment was also popular and the theatre area always full.
All staff were very friendly and our last night as we were not leaving till 10pm we were able to eat in the restaurant for €7.50 each.
We didn't do much whilst there but we did visit the champagne bar on the beach again for a relaxing drink, the beach is lovely and clean and when the sea is still the snorkeling is quite good. The bus runs nearly every hour from the hotel during the day. We also caught a boat from Peurto Rico round to Mogan which was well worth a visit. Good shopping and bars and very picturesque.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Set on a cliff overlooking the sea * 9-story building * 900 m to the beach * Complimentary bus service to the beach * 2 km from Puerto Rico * 900 m from various shops * 45 km from the airport * 100 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Vistamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- ClubHotel Riu Vistamar Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Club Hotel Riu Vistamar
- Clubhotel Riu Vistamar Hotel