Spent a week All Inclusive in this Gloria Palace Amadores in April 2012 and could find no fault with the hotel, its facilities or the staff.
Each and every meal we took was simply outstanding with a superb choice at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. I must mention the evening meal in particular, where I counted at least ten main course choices along with an oriental corner, freshly cooked fish, pork and pizza, first-class salad bar and huge selection of fruit. There was also a children’s buffet and family eating area if required. Even when All Inclusive we usually have one or two meals out during our holiday, however the food was so good we never ventured out for a meal. If you did not wish to use the dining room at lunch time a snack bar was available at the pool serving hot dogs, burgers, toasted snacks, chips, pizzas, salad etc again free to All Inclusive guests.
We stayed in a double room in Block 1 floor 6 overlooking the pool, the room was sizeable and contained two large single beds (placed together) a small double settee, two single armchairs and a coffee table. A flat screen TV with some British Channels was available and there were two good sized wardrobes, dressing table and chair. A pleasant surprise was a kettle with adequate supplies of coffee, tea, milk and sugar and although refilled in the morning you could phone down at any time for extra. The bathroom had a supply of good toiletries, with two sinks, hair dryer, magnified mirror, bath and shower and separate toilet. The bedroom and toilet were kept to a very high standard of cleanliness.
Over the seven nights the entertainment was very good on five occasions and average on two, but it was certainly as good if not better than you find in any of the bars or clubs in town. Two swimming pools were available along with outstanding children’s play area and pool, there was never a shortage of sunbeds even should you have a lie in and come down late, perhaps not in the specific area you wanted but there were always spare sunbeds and the whole area including tables was cleaned down every morning.
There was a very good selection of drinks available for All Inclusive customers including cocktails and large selection of coffees including Irish coffees, although all the alcoholic drinks were local I found them ok, if you did wish bottles or named brand of drinks you could purchase these at a reduced cost. The waiter service was excellent and all members staff were very friendly, occasionally I would have to wait to get served but as soon as a member of staff was free they were right over.
A real bonus was the lift from the hotel that took you directly down to the promenade with a 5 minute walk to the harbour or a 10/15 minute walk to the Amadores Beach, anyone who was stayed on the hills above Puerto Rico and have walked up or down will see the advantage of this facility. The lifts took a bit of getting used to as the labelling of the buttons can be a bit confusing, but this is not a complaint.
Having visited Puerto Rico 7 times in the past but never at this hotel, I will in future only book Gloria Palace Amadores for my visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between the beaches of Puerto Rico and Amadores, Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel is built on a cliff top and integrated into the landscape, providing spectacular views over the ocean from all parts of the hotel. Built in 2004, the hotel boasts one of Europe's best equipped thalassotherapy centres. In just a few years, the elegant surroundings and top class, friendly service have made it one of the most popular hotels on the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso And Hotel
- Gloria Palace Amadoresthalasso Hotel
- Gloria Palace Amadoresthalasso Mogan
- Hotel Gloria Palace Amadores
- Amadores Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace Puerto Rico