“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dromore, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We got moved here after the fire at Lago Taurito (avoid) and it was fabulous. The rooms are very clean, modern and airy. Lovely balconies with panoramic views of the sea. Service is great. Pools very clean and safe.

1 Thank Emma211170
GLORIA_TH, Public Relations Team at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel**** and the time you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you could enjoy your stay with us though you got moved from another hotel, because of unusual circumstances.

We pretty much appreciate your positive comments about the clean rooms and their lovely sea view as well as the great service and the clean and safe pool area.

We would be very happy to welcome you again.
Please, don't hesitate to contact me in any further occasion.

Public Relations Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,232)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Booked the hotel for a week holiday with my wife. Based on all of the reviews from trip advisor. Went all inclusive which I have never done before. Without a shadow of doubt this hotel was the nicest foreign hotel I have ever stayed at. The setting and views from all the key areas are stunning. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. The choice of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner was excellent you could eat as healthily or unhealthily as you liked. Great variety even for vegetarians which my wife is. Food is available all day from the pool bar is you so wish. The room was huge with lovely sea views. Cleaned daily by the maid. Whilst not all spirits/drinks are all inclusive there is more than enough choice for most people. The two pools were always clean and tidy and there were no issues with getting sun beds. The bed were supremely comfortable and the room aircon works well. Parking on site was not an issue. Nice drink on arrival. Special mention to the waiter who manages the outside seating area in the main restaurant very friendly and got us our preferred table very night. Even when busy watching the evening entertainment the staff work hard to delivery drinks to you. Views from the Poole areas are simply stunning. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. All inclusive takes care of everything. I will definitely be visiting again. It is the most relaxing break I have ever had. Perfect. Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jason G
GLORIA_TH, Public Relations Team at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2016
Dear Jason,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the setting and views from all key areas of the hotel.
We pretty much appreciate your detailed positive comments about the food and the great variety even for vegetarians.
Furthermore, we thank you for mentioning the cleanliness in the huge and comfortable rooms as well as at the pool area.
I am sure your lovely words about the staff are a great encouragement for the whole team Thank and you can be sure that we will pass them your comments.

Thank you once again for your detailed feedback and for highly recommending our hotel.

We would be happy to welcome you again, soon.
Please, don't hesitate to contact us in any further occasion.

Chafford hundred
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Returned from holiday at gloria palace amadores thaiasso today , nice hotel, super location with brilliant sea views and excellent facilities. We stayed in room 2010 a suite by the pool , super room with twin jacuzzi bath and shower.all the staff were helpfull and pleasant the only negative for us , we stayed half board was the quality of the food , breakfast was good standard but the evening meal was very poor to say the least ! Plenty of choice but very poor standard to the point I have had better food in much worse hotels ,often shown to tables that were not set , dirty plates in the pile of plates and even when tables were set waiters failed to leave spoons etc for desert . Food apart , hopefully something there management address quickly , I would book again

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Taylortays
GLORIA_TH, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2016
Dear Taylor,

Thank you for choosing GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel**** and the time that you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to read that generally you had a nice stay apart from the disappointing issues with the dinner at the Restaurant.

Once again thank you for your feedback. Our main goal is customer’s satisfaction and your review means an encouragement for all our team to improve our service day by day.

nottm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

my family and i have just returned from this hotel. this was our first visit and based on tripadvisor reviews i was looking forward to it. the hotel did not disappoint , we had a fab holiday, great weather but there are a few negatives which i shall list first for anyone due to travel.

rooms- this was our main disappointment, as we had two rooms we were given interconnecting rooms which was fine and as requested but on ground floor terra e view of snack bar, no seaview. the seaview was something i was looking forward to. the rooms were well used, needing a refurb, bathrooms tiny, the cubicle in one room was like a caravan shower cubicle, so tiny . hairdryers are dreadful, cannot style hair at all and they get extremely hot to handle after 5 mins. our room was very clean at all times but the towels provided were worn and thin, wheres the fluffy towels? one room was next to the cleaners room so 6 am wake ups every morning! also had emailed hotel prior to travel to inform of husbands bday but nothing done. we never sat on the terrace as not private, people staring at you from the snack bar and also sitting right next to the balcony, very rude i have to say. they more than likely had bagged the best rooms themselves? plus point room was quiet at night.

negatives out of the way , the reason i have given 4 stars is for food, service and pools. every meal time we had something different, the dining room was lovely and well organised, clean, also did not feel like a canteen like other hotels. the food was outstanding, fab! staff in the dining room very efficient and happy. was not too keen on desserts , they did look very messy by the time we went to dinner , people hacking away at the cakes and making a mess really with no thought for others. this is not the hotels fault but individual desserts would b better and save on the mess. bacon at breakfast was lovely.

the pools were very clean at all times and was a joy to swim in. we used the noisier pool as we have teenagers so this suited us, its quite odd when couples try to swim in it and then moan about the noise? use the quiet pool may i suggest? sunbeds were reserved very early every day around 7am but there was always plenty to go round. pool bar staff were generally efficient but some people need to learn to queue and its not the brits! us brits are the most polite i have to say! behaviour of some nationalities are awful!

the views from the hotel are out of this world, just stunning. all areas of the inside and out are impeccably clean, no litter anywhere . the reception area was a delight to sit in of an evening and bar service good.

entertAinment hit and miss, some night were fab for eg, the acrobats and flamenco, others were awful like the abba tribute. maybe entertainment should be slightly earlier maybe 9 pm.

all in all i would return and recommend to others . if i returned i would request blocks 3 or 4 for seaviews and privacy. remember to take a hairdryer ladies!

2 Thank joanneNottm
Dear Joanne,

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the pool area, the food and the service.
I would like to inform you that since last year we have been replacing the old hairdryers

Once again thank you for your feedback and be at your disposal if I may be of your assistance in a future occasion.

Irvine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Have just returned from one week say the Gloria Palace Amadores and cannot speak highly enough of the experience.We stayed half board and the breakfast and dinners were excellent with all the staff very efficient and friendly. Hope to return soon and would highly recommend this hotel.

3 Thank BrianM186560
Dear Brian,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we pretty much appreciate your positive comment about the excellent food, which is covered by half board.
I am sure your lovely words about the staff are a great encouragement for the whole team and you can be sure that we will pass them your comments.

Once again thank you for your feedback and the high recommendation of our hotel.

We would be very happy to welcome you again.
Please, don't hesitate to contact us in any further occasion.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have just got back from my 2nd visit to Gloria Palace Amadores this year. If you read my 1st review you will note we went last Easter.

Now.....I have had to downgrade my rating from excellent to very good. I will explain at the end why I have done this.

Firstly, I want to say that again I had a good holiday here again. I emailed a week before going asking for a room in block 3 or 4 as I know these have undisturbed sea views and no noise from the pool areas plus totally private! Had a quick response back from the email and was allocated a room in block 4 on arrival. The room was much bigger than our room in block 3 although smaller bathroom and our room was carpeted. I was very impressed!! My only gripe was the air con wasn't as cold as the rooms we had in block 3. The corridor to the rooms in block 4 seemed a bit more "classy" than the 1's leading to the room in block 3.

Reception.....I did feel the male members of staff could have smiled with our welcome but we were still given the right info but was told to return later to sort safe and towels as they were busy with lots of check ins....fair enough.

Staff......can't complain about the rest of the staff. Very friendly especially at the pool bar. My husband is learning Spanish and they were very keen to help him.

Lifts......the glass elevator broke down 2 days before we left. This does cause a problem as a lot of people are then trying to enter the 2 other lifts to get to the promenade. Many times the lift was slow or when it arrived it was full and couldn't get in. Not an issue for us as we just took a slow walk down the stairs but maybe an issue with folks with a mobility issue.

We did have an issue with a bug in our room. It was either a mosquito or it was the huge beetle/cockroach that had made it's home in our room. I was covered in awful bites which became infected and had to be given antibiotic cream. We informed reception who told the house keeping to spray bug killer. However, at 2am my husband had to kill the huge bug as it decided to come out and say hi. Eeek...no more bites though.

Sunbeds.....again no problems getting 1 even at lunchtime. It may be because we went again not in high season. The "premier" spots are always taken very early however.

Ok....so why the downgrade?????

The food......what has happened over the summer?????? The choice has become very limited and doesn't seem to change daily. Last time we enjoyed a different meat from the grill each day..including steaks...but it was veal, turkey and sea bass every night with a pork chop once. Even the Chinese section happened just once. The food didn't seem to be as appetising this time. So we decided to swap our dinner for a lunch (we were half board again) and visit a restaurant in town. With our ticket we went to the restaurant for lunch. Here they served burger and chips, pizza, grilled sandwiches and a smaller selection of buffet food. I chose the buffet and chomped my way through a half cooked pork chop! I spent the rest of the day fearing I was going to get food poisoning! So disappointed and surprised as the food here in April was fantastic. So Gloria Palace what has gone wrong????????

The push to write an excellent review here......oh yes they push this big time. We had a member of staff tell us if we write an excellent review they will put us in a draw for a spa massage, free weeks holiday...and even says in broken English not to write a bad review. Which makes me question some of the reviews here I'm afraid!

Lastly, we had no issue with the bills being wrong like last time until we checked out. We had already paid our room bill the previous day so we could spend our remaining holiday money in Maspolomas. So we were surprised to be given another bill to pay for drinks we had had in the Saloon Bar! We told the reception this was not our bill and explained where we were. He went into the back of the reception then reappeared 5 minutes later to agree it was not our bill and the bar staff had made a mix up. So....if you are half board still check all bills and purchases before you pay!

Now......yes I've had a little grumble about a few things but I am already booked to go back in July. I am hoping the food standard has improved again by then but I do love this hotel and the minor grumbles have not put me off.....yet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank Tracey A
Dear Tracey,

I have been reading your three reviews and checked that last year you decided to visit the sister GLORIA chain hotel. am very thankful for your loyalty through the past years.

I appreciate your review, which is the best way to be aware of details that makes the difference and helps us to improve the service and maintain the standards.

Please, don't hesitate to contact me in any further occasion.

Kind regards from Amadores,

Naxos Town, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We arrived at the Hotel and were shown to our room, beautifully situated to enjoy the sunset , and a beautiful sunset was enjoyed each evening . The room, bathroom, and balcony were all spacious and well furnished. We had stayed before and were aware of the hotel facilities. The pools, leisure centre, and dining room were up to the usual standard.
The location is excellent, a five minute walk from Puerto Rico and a ten minute walk to Amadores Beach. We went half board and ate out half the time. All hotel meals are buffet style, which becomes monotonous. Breakfasts were always good, lunches ok too, but the absence of table service was felt at dinner and reduced the quality of the hotel experience.
The standards are good, but not exceptional. We could not shower without flooding the bathroom, owing to a faulty shower door. We brought it to the attention of Reception, but nothing was done
. An enquiry about failure to replenish soap was equally unsuccessful, and I remedied the omission from the cleaning trolley!. Room cleaning was adequate but not to the high standard previously experienced. Other minor matters , like the charge for the room safe and the absence of table water, other than at breakfast , take from the experience.
What we will remember is the perfect weather, the location, and each glorious sunset.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view in Block 3.