booked this with Monarch - which turned out to be Cosmos on half board. Booking promised double room with sea view as standard. Be advised - I booked a Monarch shuttle transfer that promised 1:40 hrs.' at most, actually took 3:40 hrs - as long as the plane journey, horrific. Needless to say the home transfer was by taxi!
On checking in we were assigned our room - expecting sea view, etc as per booking - no such luck - on the same level as pool with no sea view, a shower cubicle in which I couldn't turn round in- as for the double room allegedly sleeping 3 - we would have had to sling a hammock above our bed to achieve this. After much argument and downright rudeness from the reception staff we managed to secure a change of room from the manager - on the 5th level with fantastic views. Exactly the same thing happened to another family member 6 weeks previously - cannot determine if its the fault of the hotel or travel company - either way it should not happen. Incidentally the room they tried to palm us off with was one of the rooms they use as complimentary rooms for showers on check out days. I would advise emailing ahead of arrival to request a room on a higher level.
The hotel and facilities were fantastic, pools, spa and nightly entertainment for those who like it. We did find the food adequate and average with not much variation - with limited choice of beers and wines - I believe this was because the majority of guests were all inclusive and this was a way of keeping down costs.
on Thursdays at breakfast the staff and management were out in droves dishing out cava and also performance survey questionnaires for the hotel- which curiously asked for room number and names.
I would prefer to concentrate on the positives - it was a most enjoyable holiday - just a short walk to Puerto Rico and Amadores in the other direction.
Check out Chris Mooney at the Blarney Stone in the Europa Centre - best act on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between the beaches of Puerto Rico and Amadores, Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel is built on a cliff top and integrated into the landscape, providing spectacular views over the ocean from all parts of the hotel. Built in 2004, the hotel boasts one of Europe's best equipped thalassotherapy centres. In just a few years, the elegant surroundings and top class, friendly service have made it one of the most popular hotels on the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso And Hotel
- Gloria Palace Amadoresthalasso Hotel
- Gloria Palace Amadoresthalasso Mogan
- Hotel Gloria Palace Amadores
- Amadores Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace Puerto Rico