“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Plymouth
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Just returned from a seven night stay at this beautiful hotel.

Staff are exceptional and really go out of their way to assist you.

Hotel is spotlessly clean and very modern. Suites are very spacious and the cleaners are a credit to themselves.

One word of warning though - watch out for the sun lounger queue which starts from 7.45am!!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I left the hotel very early one morning for an excursion and there was a queue of a least 20 people waiting for the door to open so they could put their towels on the sun beds. I could understand if there weren't enough beds for everyone but there are plenty, and the annoying thing is these people just leave the towels and don't return until much later that morning - as the sun doesn't come around until around mid morning - so infuriating!! There is a leaflet in your room stating that if a sunbed is left unattended for 30 minutes the towels will be taken away but this did not happen.

Please don't let my moan above put you off because overall the hotel is fabulous.

Room Tip: Rooms either give a harbour view or a sea view. We had a harbour view and personally I think this...
4 Thank Claire A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (880)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Me my partner and son spent a week at the Marina Suites..at the end of july..
first impressions of the hotel when you drive through the marina is Wow! its set by the side of the marina right on the sea ..
The hotel staff were very freindly,the rooms were enormous, very clean,
When we booked this we was going to go just B&B but after reding a review about the food epecially the evening meals we went half board..ive been travelling for years and i can honestly say the food is "fantastic" plenty of choice different national dish every night..
I will definatly be going back again..

Room Tip: Marina view! front of hotel have the best view..
3 Thank Dex m
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We have just come back from a 14 day holiday at the Marina Suites in Puerto Rico. There were six in the party - including my wife, son and daughter aged 18 and 17 and their two friends also aged 18 an 17. We stayed in a doubled bedroomed apartment on the third floor with the two lads sharing the pull out sofa in the living area. The apartment was excellent - modern very spacious clean and comfortable. We had a lovely view over the Marina. We did not eat in the hotel so I can't comment on that but the hotel was very good in all aspects. The staff were very helpful and pleasant, the maid was excellent. The hotel was pretty near full when we were there with a great mix of nationalities. The pool area was very nice although every space contained a sunbed and was therefore a little chlostrophobic but we found a lovely spot each morning on the sea facing side of the small chidrens pool.The atmosphere was very relaxed even though it was busy. It is definitely a family oriented hotel - there were no rowdy guests or incidents to complain about and it is so much quieter than living in the valley overlooking the centrum. It is only a 20 minute walk from the centre in any event. If your coming to Puerto Rico - stay here it is a great hotel to make your base. Next time we come I think we will go half board as we heard good reports from our fellow guests who took up this option.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the Marina - the double rooms are on the right hand side of the hotel...
3 Thank David S
Dubin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

I have been meaning to write a review on this hotel for a long time but never got around to it.
Anyway I have been going to PR for 12 years now three/four times a year an since staying in this hotel since it opened I wouldn't stay anywhere else
I have just read the bad reviews and cannot believe what people are saying about it, obviously just no pleasing some people.
The rooms are beautifully decorated an spotless clean with cleaning done every day bar their day off on a Tuesday if my memory serves me right. The decor/atmosphere/staff I couldn't fault am to be honest I could easily live in the hotel it's that nice
The one minor thing I could fault is the food which isn't great or wouldn't be what I prefer to eat but to be honest I find this with all hotels abroad as they have to cater for every nationality so your not going to get your food from "at home" but loads of cheap an delicious meals in nearby restaurants so all works out well

I would always recommend this hotel and as I said having been going to PR for 12 years I have nearly stayed in all the hotels at this stage an this one is by far the best

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank LeeFDublin
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

My husband & I just returned from holiday at the Marina Suites. I was so excited as I had read nothing but wonderful reviews and I am pleased to say I was not disappointed.
On arrival we were delighted with the warm greeting at reception. We headed to our room and upon entering we were both thrilled at what we seen. The suite was so big and bright and beautifully done out. The bedroom was lovely with a massive bed and ample wardrobe space and cloths hangers. The bathroom was spotless and so big and overall we were delighted.
The pool area is amazing. The infinity pool was a joy and it felt like you were out at sea when you were in it.

Lots of places around the Marina to eat and drink and for those in search of more lively attractions I would recommend a trip to the shopping centre area.

On our second last night we discovered a lovely area of restaurants and a great Irish bar with live music by Tommy Sombrero. When you come out the gates of the Marina suites go right instead of left, the opposite way from the Marina and up the hill, a real find.

The Marina Suites exceeded out expectations and I would have no problem recommending them. The day we checked out our flight was not leaving until late. We were able to stay in our room until noon. Then the staff gave us a secure room to leave our bags, towels to use by the pool and one of the rooms to use for half an hour and clean towels to shower and change.

The only negative thing I could say about the Marina Suites is that the sun chairs are a little close together, but still I suppose its better they are close together so everyone gets one than the alternative. Also the entertainment by the pool was excellent however a few different CD's would be great as it got a little boring listening to the same music each day. But other than that I could not fault it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lesleyk68
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

We spent 2 weeks here in July, this being our 3rd stay here.
It is a fantastic hotel, it's location can't be beaten in Puerto Rico. It is situated by the Marina where you can relax by all the lovely boats or by the infinity pool; which has views you'd die for over the harbour entrance and out into the Atlantic. It is down at the bottom of the resort so there are no hills to climb. The beach is only 5 minutes away and so are many nice bars and resturants.
We arrived in our 3rd floor room overlooking the marina to welcoming chocolates and wine;a nice touch. Checking in was no hassle and the receptionist was very polite and helpful.
The rooms are very spacious and kept clean with clean towels every day except Sundays and Thursdays.
We were self-catering but ate at there once and could not fault the food, plenty of choice and diffferent themed menu's each night. Breakfast looked good with plenty of choice and only 7 euro's, very good value..
The pool area is a little cramped but very clean and the lifeguard is there everyday keeping things in order. If you can't find a sunbed he will do his best to get you one and he is a very friendly chap, a credit to the hotel. If you have younger children the 'Animation' team are very good also, but I do wish they could play differnt music each day, not the same CD all the time !
One other thing that has changed since last time we went is 'Happy Hour' in the poolside bar. This now begins at 1800 not 1630. This is a little too late because it is at a time when you would normally want to start getting ready for dinner or a night out.
A great hotel that I would recommend to everyone !

Room Tip: I would say choose a room no higher than the 3 or 4th floor, lthere are 3 lifts but it's quicker...
3 Thank Kev R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed here between 14th and 28th July 2012

This place is fantastic, hotel is great, staff are fabulous, Infinity pool, kids club, great food, great facilities games, jacuzzi's, entertainment for everyone and different every night

Can't say more about the Marinasuites Hotel just super experience and can't fault it in anyway

Location is super right in the harbour over looking boats, sea, beach

Just go there and enjoy it!

We are already booming here for next year

From

4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,921 reviews
Morasol Suites
Morasol Suites
#5 of 70 in Puerto Rico

Been to Marina Suites? Share your experiences!