“Marina suites in two words...perfect holiday!”
Review of Marina Suites

Marina Suites
Ranked #2 of 68 Hotels in Puerto Rico
GreenLeadersSilver level
ireland
“Marina suites in two words...perfect holiday!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is lovely, well located and accessible!

Staff are very professional. In all areas - cleaning, waiting and reception.Stayed in room 717. Amazing views of marina boats and to the left a view of the sea. Rooms are spacious and had air con. The kitchen was bright and had all the amenities could need eg hob, fridge, etc.
We had a bottle of champagne and chocolates in the room on arrival and roses on the bed (at the request of one of my travelling companions!)

Hotel is not up on a cliff so its very handy to get around however if your staying on the 7th floor like i was you could use the lift or stairs. many other hotels in the area appear to be on higher ground and you would need to be physically able to get up to them via steps/walking etc.

It is situated in a good location away from the night life however the centre isnt too far to walk wither if you do go out at night only 5-10 minutes walk.
it is direclty beside a marina so you can hear a boat yard etc which we found was fine with us.

The beach is a 2min walk from the hotel...we could see it from our balcony. beaches tended to be small but beautiful around this area.
Hotel is about 5-10 minute walk from the shopping centre - some shops and cafes/restaurants here. nightlife here also.
Close to boats at this hotel. The ferry is only across the way. We did a day trip to Mogen a village up the way.
Aqualand and a go karting place are about a 15 minute drive (in the next town) taxi there costs approx €24 (there was 6 of us so worked out cheap). There is buses available also.
My sisters went doing water sports and there is a vairtiy of other activities people can do. Leaflets at the hotel entrance.

Marina suites kept very clean. cleaning trolleys and staff visible a lot. very good service. no cockroaches or anything in the hotel.
seen only 2 cockroaches along the marina boating area not in the hotel, during the whole of my visit.

Great value €19 all inclusive evening meal (we went on the Italian themed night - i had cod, veal, lasagne, salmon salad, chicken breast , many desserts all in one sitting etc!) they also do a buffet breakfast which was €12 as we hadnt booked an inclusive package - room only. but again value for money we didnt need to eat lunch the day we ate it all sorts on offer fresh orange juice pressed before your eyes, varieties of cooked food and breads etc.
Food wise there's something for everyone from the more expensive restaurants along the marina to cheaper places in the town center. You get what you pay for! we opted for a tbone steak meal on the beach one evening €16 for the main and it was delicious!
Arizona restaurant along the marina does fabulous cocktails and a mighty mixed kebab -great presentation!

Peurto Rico (or at least the area where we were mingling in) seems to be a quieter place to go this appealed to us as we wanted relaxation.
the hotel/area in my opinion suits couples and families more than it would suit hens/staggs that kind of thing.

The infinity pool which looks out onto the ocean and the jacuzzi were may favoutrite thing about this place...beautiful view!

The Marina suites also do apartments up the road and villas up higher on a cliff so when booking there is a vairty of accomations to choose from. We stayed in the Marina Suites apt 717.

Now for the cons...well id have to knit-pick to be honest couldnt find fault with anything.
Perhaps mention that dinners are buffet style as places to eat are cheaper in town, and people may not realise the great value they could get for their money unless they try it (like we did!)

Without a doubt I would definitively recommend this place to others and I hope to return back sometime!!

Room Tip: for rooms with a view choose a room a few floors up ....room 717 had a view of the marina and some v...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank orangeapple
Manager H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear orangeapple,

Many thanks for your wonderful comments regarding your recent holiday with us.

It's a pleasure to know that you were satisfied with our hotel and services. Thank you for your nice words regarding our staff, views and facilities! We are glad to hear you would recommend us to other travellers, thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you again at Marina Suites!

Best regards,

Noemi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (934)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Cleanliness, fantastic throughout, Staff, friendly and courteous
Location, wonderful, away from the noise of the nightlife and the pubs/clubs. Suitable for people looking for a relaxing holiday. Also only one of a couple of hotels in Puerto Rico eminently suitable for people with disabilities as no steps/slopes to get to hotel.
The boatyard can be noisy at times, particularly if you’re having a massage and they are scraping down boats next door!
Great idea to highlight the Marina Suites name with the dark blue as it now more visible from a distance.
Facilities in suite excellent, lots of wardrobe space in a large bedroom. Kitchen dinette adequate for holiday usage. Living room beautiful with every facility you could wish for.
The provision of the information booklet is a welcome addition to the hotel. On our first visit last year we found it very difficult to access information and no-one is going to keep going back to reception for incidental information. This booklet is great and could be improved upon as time goes on. Also the book on Gran Canaria in the room is very welcome as it gives lots of information about the island
Lifts can be slow but it is a very busy hotel and nobody has to wait more than 5 minutes during busy periods, i.e.( 9 – 11 a.m usually)
Food - Poolside bar has a lovely menu, very reasonably priced, well cooked and served by excellent staff. This facility should stay open later, maybe until 6pm as there is very little food available between 4 – 7 in the hotel – which one would expect in a 4star hotel. We don’t usually eat in the restaurant as I don’t like buffet in the evening. Would eat in the hotel if there was a proper A la Carte menu available as I think would a lot of other people. (tip - People would probably stay then and use the bar which would create more of an atmosphere in the Yacht Club). Also it would be great to be able to get a cup of tea/coffee in the reception area, particularly for people waiting on buses/taxi’s to collect them for the airport or indeed for people who would just like to sit in the reception and people-watch (maybe Yacht Club area could be utilised more)
Lots of lovely restaurants within easy walking distance which have excellent choices
Safe rental is expensive when staying for two weeks
Ordered a cervical pillow at 1pm – had to phone reception at 10pm to see if it was being delivered to our room that day. Ordered water similarly at noon one day and had to phone reception 7pm to see where it was – result, bought water in the supermarkets after that. These things are a bit slow and could be improved upon.

As I mentioned in a previous review, the grout in the bathroom needs to be replaced and before they get too bad. It’s a pity to let this aspect spoil the otherwise exceptional accommodation.
Towels on sun beds don’t usually bother me as we usually go out to the pool around 10.30 and there are always plenty of beds available. However, I did need a sunbed in one of the sheltered areas beside the lifeguard shelter when we started our holiday and they were all taken with towels on them early in the morning and indeed it was a long time before anyone went out to use them. I tried to ask the lifeguard about it, but he looked around vaguely and apparently with no English could not understand! So it was a waste of time asking him. There is no point in advising clients that the lifeguard takes these towels away as this does not happen. The reason why I wanted one of those was my daughter had to take an antibiotic which was causing photosensitivity (reaction to light) and those beds would had been ideal as they were enclosed on sides and top and an umbrella would have covered the front so she could have felt as if she was on holiday. However she had to stay in the hotel room for a few days until she was finished the medication.
Loved our room overlooking the marina, such a beautiful view and would definitely come back again. The remarks I make are not a criticism but an honest opinion in order to improve client experience

Room Tip: Rooms over the Marina( but make sure not over the boatyard) have sun in late afternoon and all eveni...
3 Thank TMalone_13
Dear TMalone,

Many thanks for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay and for choosing once again Marina Suites!
We do consistently strive to provide an amazing experience for our guests so it is encouraging to hear such a great review like yours! For this reason, we are delighted to know you will return again!
Thank you for all your suggestions, we wiil take all of them into account. Regarding the issue with the sunbed we deeply apologize for the incovenience, our sunbeds policy is to control if there is any towel empty more than 30 minutes, we will take measures so that this policy gets applied.
We look forward to your return visit soon!
Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

As you can see by the title this stay (JUNE 2014, I came home yesterday) was my 3rd time at this hotel and as many of you may wonder, why keep visiting the same place? well I really like Gran Canaria, in fact I think I have fallen in love with this island, the more I explore the more I find to truly love and Canarian people are so lovely. I find this hotel to be the perfect base, it represent incredible value for money, it is spotlessly clean, all the staff are pleasant and helpful, the pool is a beautiful infinity pool that you can just swim up to the edge and get lost in your own thoughts. There is a life guard on duty each day and activities team members which I think is a good addition, plus there is a mini club although there was not any children in my party, all the kids seemed to be having fun. The food if you choose to eat here is nice with a good selection, I am a vegetarian and with the choice available I was not only able to pick something but also able to have different food and enjoy it, the rest of my family eat meat and they said the meat they had was good and cooked well. The hotel its self is in the most perfect location in Puerto Rico, it is on the marina and a 5 min flat walk to the beach, with plenty of little food shops within a 2-5 mins flat walk if you take a S/C option. The majority of boat trips go from the harbour, so if you decide to do one, go to the stands on the harbour and get a good price as clearly you wont need transport as it is your doorstep (Find a lovely Scottish lady called Lorraine, she will tell you all you need to know, she is a really nice lady and we had a fantastic time on her Super Cat boat). The local people working on the island all said that this hotel was lovely and that they have not heard a bad word said about it and they were people I met in bars, in shops even people in the street trying to sell a timeshare in Anfi, I would not hesitate to come back for a 4th time, in fact If I could - I would stay forever. Thank You // Muchas gracias to all the staff at Marina Suites for working hard so I could have a lovely holiday. PS Weather was incredible.

Room Tip: If you have a Marina View which we did, I think it is more interesting as it is a working marina and...
4 Thank Vanesssa3232
Dear Vanessa,
First of all we would like to thank you for trusting once again Marina Suites, it has been a pleasure having you again as our guest.
We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, thank you for all your nice words about our hotel, facilities and staff!
It will be a real pleasure for us to host you in our hotel again!
All our best,
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We are just back (June 2014) from this hotel, and I can say that it is the best foreign hotel that we have ever stayed in. My wife, two adult children and I were overall very pleased with the hotel, pool and location beside the marina. There are many restaurants and pubs in the area, with all the usual sea activities available at the local beach. The hotel rooms are spacious and well appointed; in particular the bedroom with its beautiful king size bed was just fantastic and the kitchen/living area had everything needed to make breakfast, lunch and the odd evening meal if desired. One small criticism I would have is that there was no storage for clothes in the living area and the sofa-beds were a little too short for our two kids who are almost six foot tall. The infinity pool is just fabulous with uninterrupted views of the Atlantic Ocean and if you like a bit of a swim it must be almost 30 meters long. There are plenty of sun-beds and plenty of umbrellas to give you some respite from the sun. Again one small criticism would be about the gate that leads from pool area to decked area on the rocks; this gate should be locked and only opened with a electronic key card, as any pre-teen child exploring could easily leave the safety of the pool and get into trouble on the dangerous rocks below before a parent would even know. There was a varied games programme for anybody who wanted to avail of it and a good evening entertainment programme for kids at eight pm and adults at ten pm. Other pool-side activities included a masseuse (for a charge), two small Jacuzzis and a couple of pool tables. One small complaint about the pool tables is that they needed maintenance as one was out of order and the other one had its cloth torn.
We had breakfast on our first morning which was one the best buffets we have ever experienced, both bar areas were lovely and all the staff were friendly, reception staff were also accommodating and helpful. Overall we had a wonderful experience in the Marian Suites and we will definitely be back to enjoy it again.

Room Tip: For a good view of the marina and/or pool area go to the third floor or above
1 Thank Laddersandhose
Manager H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Suites, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Laddersandhose,

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us and the tripadvisor´s readers of your recent experience at Marina Suites.

We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay, thank you for your nice words about our breakfast, hotel and pool. For us is very important to know how it has been your experience at Marina Suites, for this reason we are so glad to hear that you will come back again!

We also would like to thank you for your suggestions, we would take all of them into consideration!

We would love to host you again!

All the best,

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel Marina Suites is. I couldnt fault it .The food was excellent.the rooms were large and very clean, the staff were all lovely...polite and professional. The entertainment was enjoyable day and night. MY two children made some nice friends and we all want to return.Marina Suites is in the best location by

far...overlooking the sea and marina. The weather was perfect in May..infact you have to be careful of burning as it can be deceiving. The only thing I would recommend would be a Teen club perhaps on an evening, as the mini disco was great for ages up to maybe 10 there wasnt much for older children apart from table tennis. But otherwise..we will be returning.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Donatella S
Dear Donatella,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear such a great and valuable comment like yours. Your positive comment encourage us to continue focusing on our guest satisfaction, that is way we would like to thank you also for your suggetions, we will take them into account!

We would love to host you again!

Kind Regards,

Co. Limerick
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Lovely spacious apartments with fantastic views from every room located on a lovely marina. Amazing pool where you can relax and look out into the sea with the passing boats. Very helpful staff and great value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MariaMadigan88
Dear Maria,

First of all thank you very much for trusting Marina Suites for your holidays.

We really appreciate your nice feedback and we are glad to hear that our hotel, views, pool and staff met your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back!

Warm regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our second stay in this hotel and again one of the easiest holidays we have had. Stayed 2 weeks from 7th June with my sister and family next door on 5th floor. Kids had a ball in kids club - Alexandra and Julian are brilliant with the children. kids also loved the entertainment at night and looked forward to the shows but for a 3 and 5 year old, the start time was a little late, but there was no way they were missing it! Maybe even a half hour earlier start time would be better. Great location with plenty of good restaurants nearby and nice to be on the flat near the marina. Views are beautiful and plenty of sun on the balcony in the evening.
Negatives - lifts are too small and therefore you can be waiting some time and with no other option when you have a buggy, it can be frustrating. The rest of us got fit on the stairs. Pillows are rubbish on the beds and it is quite dark in the bedrooms given the design. The most annoying thing was those sunbeds reserved in the baby pool area by people who didn't have small children and just wanted that position for the sun early in the morning and then were not happy when they got splashed! Otherwise, had a ball and my daughter wants to know when we are going back again!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 523 over the Marina which was lovely. Nice height to get the views but high enough i...
1 Thank Suzbot2014
Dear Suzbot2014,

Thank you so much for choosing Marina Suites again .

It has been a pleasure to host you and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we will share your comments with Julian and Alexandra.

We also would like to thank you for your suggestions, your review is very important to us in order to improve our guest´s satisfaction. We are pleased to inform you that we are going to change our pillows, we hope you enjoy them in your next stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards from all our staff!,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Rico
Gold By Marina
Gold By Marina
#1 of 134 in Playa del Ingles
Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia

Been to Marina Suites? Share your experiences!