Just got back after a week at the hotel on half board. Have to say this is a really nice hotel and I have stayed in lots. I will try and cover main points some of which are not in the hotels gift to change.
Resort - our first time in gran canaria (me, my wife and a 13 year old) it is very similar to the other canaries, a bit barren around the coast but very tidy and finished with little new development going on where we were. There is some work going on at the moment behind the hotel and close enough to be heard. Not sure how long it will be on for it did not look like a huge project. As for puerto RICO, it's a place of contrasts. The hotel is adjacent to a very nice marina it's a nice stroll through this to a shopping area but when you get there be warned some of the goods are offensive, I am not a prude but some of the cooking aprons depict parts of the male anatomy that are not for young kids to see and unfortunately these are on display to the street. Tat of the highest order. This is a shame as the rest of the resort is very pleasent.
Hotel - its a gem, all the good stuff other reviewers have said is true. It's modern and a bit contemporary the public areas are smart and well laid out, there's is free wifi in the reception area and pay as you go computers. The pool area is very nice very clean and a good size, plenty of sun loungers and the roof top solarium has lots more space too.
Room - we had a one bedroom suite these are a good size with a sofa bed in the lounge, some of the furniture was starting to get tired but it's still OK, ano year or two and it will need changing. The self catering facilities are limited with a microwave and a two ring hob (plus kettle etc) but enough to do basic stuff. All the rooms but a few look onto the marina but you should know that between the hotel and the marina is a restaurant which you look onto the back of its not horrific but it is a bit of an eyesore, if you go for a room that looks over the pool you will not have this place in your direct line of vision. Bed was decent firm and big (2 singles pushed together).
Food - oh dear, if this had been to the same standard as the rest of the hotel it would have been fantastic. Breakfast is a buffet with the usual mixture of cold and...not so hot. That's the main problem food did not get changed often enough. This may be because the restaurant was quiet but it needs to be better. As for diner, well we paid for half board but only ate the 3 nights out of 7, and the third time was because I insisted we give it another try, but it was just as poor. It's a 3 course set meal with 3 choices per course. I do like good food and I know everybody has different tastes, but I would not go half board again, b&b is OK.
Staff - great, all of them.
Overall- probably the cleanest hotel I have stayed in, that includes the room and pool areas. I would go again and I recommend it, with the caveats above. If you want a chill out by a pool go b&b in a room overlooking the pool and you should enjoy it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant and quiet hotel is located in the Marina, the most privileged area of Puerto Rico. The stunning views of the bay , the panoramic Solarium , the modern and spacious apartments and cozy studios ( both equipped with Satellite TV ) , the gourmet restaurant , and the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, make the HOTEL MORASOL SUITES **** a resting place for comfortable visits to Gran Canaria. The complex has a 24 -hour reception,a swimming pool and a total of 88 rooms, with living room, bathroom, hairdryer, telephone, satellite or cable, kitchenette, fridge and air conditioning, safe and wifi prior payment. The resort also features a cafe, bar, TV room, Jacuzzi and a la carte restaurant with non-smoking area. The MORASOL SUITES HOTEL restaurant serves typical Canarian, Spanish and international cuisine. With its friendly service and elegant setting, this hotel is an ideal base from which to explore Puerto Rico. PLEASE NOTE: Guests needing disability access will need to book 1 Bedroom Apartments, not Studio Apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Morasol Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morasol Hotel Puerto Rico
- Morasol Suites Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria