My Fiancee and myself stayed here at the beginning of September 2010. We booked through Thomson/First Choice and were very impressed from the off. Upon arrival at the Hotel we had a swift check in at the Reception where we were greeted by pleasent staff and handed a glass of sparkling wine each which was most welcome considering the heat in Amadores.
We stopped in room 1203 which was exceptionally quiet being in the third block away from the main area which was great and again very welcome. The room was imaculate and had a fantastic view looking out over Amadores Bay. The air con kept the room chilled throughout the stay which again was welcome coming back to the room after a hot day in the sun to cool off.
The food was fantastic from breakfast and having freshly made pancakes through to lunch and dinner. There is a dress code in the resturant at night with no open toe sandals and gents to wear long trousers. This was mainly adhered to and very welcome to see dress codes in resort whilst eating in the evening. The waiters and waitresses are also very pleasent. The location of the resturant offers great views again over the Bay.
The pool area is great and there is no mad rush to secure your sunbeds. There are notices up stating not to place your towels on the sunbeds and then clear off for the day and again this is mostly adhered to. The infinity pool is just amazing you can swim out and then just gaze over the bay for long periods of time. There is a small childrens area at the side which is very well run and the children who arrive at the resort are very well behaved. It is mainly an adults hotel though.
I throughly recommend everything about this hotel and have only scratched the surface in this review. We will be returning here again in the future though this year we are off to the Carribean with it being our honeymoon. This hotel exceeds its 4 star rating. Well done and keep up the great work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 200 meters from Playa de Amadores, on the Costa de Mogan, the Gloria Palace Hotel Royal & Spa is a four-star superior establishment built in 2008 with natural stone, privileged views over Amadores beach, spectacular never-ending pool, exclusive rooms and executive suites. Its dedicated service, luxurious surroundings and breathtaking views makes it the most prestigious hotel in the area. Our goal is to provide our customers with a place to enjoy a calm, relaxing, caring and personalized service from our team of professionals. The extensive facilities are designed and decorated with exquisite taste, to convey a feeling of exclusivity and luxury to enjoy the deserved vacations. A hotel for all, from romantic getaways to business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and LoveHolidays so you can book your Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel And Spa
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel Puerto Rico
- Dunas Amadores
- Hotel Dunas Amadores
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria