“Wonderful week in the sun...”

Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful week in the sun...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

My partner and I had a wonderful week at this resort... anyone that moans about this hotel are looking very hard to find fault!!!!! Food was superb and a very good choice, lots of different things everyday. The a la carte is well worth a visit... food was beautiful and the view of the sea is lovely. Some of the alcohol is labelled such as Gordan's Gin and Smirnoff Vodka...also cava is flowing all day. Rooms are a good size and have been decorated to a very high standard, my partner thinks they are easily as good as some of the rooms in Dubai he has stayed in..... The only comment we could make is that it would be even better if their free shuttle bus ran at more times throughout the day... maybe one that would come back in time for lunch and one that leaves after lunch - but there is no way this put us off the hotel. The pool area was extremely clean along with the rest of the hotel. We had a wonderful stay at the Sandos San Blas..... thanks to all the staff that make this hotel what it is.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank aimeeW21
subdireccionsanblas, Deputy Manager at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Dear guest,
In the name of the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to thank you for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
We get a lot of pleasure out of reading your admirable comments, particularly about the choice and the quality of our food prepared to your taste, the size and decoration of our hotel room as well as the cleanliness of the pool area. Hereby we promise to keep on working hard to maintain our current value for money that is appreciated by our guests.
Once again thank you very much for your warm expressions and let me invite you to visit our website and book your next holiday at the best price.
We are looking forward to seeing you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Deputy Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,185)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend to use one of our Royal Elite weeks this Spring. Overall a great experience. We loved the location. Thankfully, It was across the island from the crowded tourist grounds of playa de las americas. One of our favorite things was being able to walk up and down the rocky coast line at night and feel as though we had it all to ourselves. The hotel seems to be very new with beautiful furnishings. Our suite overlooked the ocean and had a large loungechair/bed on the balcony. The food was very good at the buffet style restaurant. We ate at the buffet a few nights and had no complaints. Dinner at the alacarte restaurant was a sheer pleasure with wonderful food and more attentive staff. The hotel food was beyond sufficient, but I do suggest spending an evening in the neighboring town of Los Abrigos for dinner. We had 2 amazing meals of seafood there for a very modest price.
The clientelle seemed to be mostly British and Spanish visitors with a heavy British presence in the adjoining village of San Blas. We enjoyed the quiet adult atmosphere during the week. The abundance of children on the weekend did seem to change the mood of the place. The spa area here is small, you reserve your time, and itcharges by the hour for the spa/sauna area. Water was tempid rather than warm. I didn't find anything overly impressive about the spa pool area, but I had an amazing olive oil body scrub and massage that I highly suggest.
Comparing it to staying at Sandos in Playa del Carmen, I prefered this smaller more intimate resort. They don't have the Royal Elite dedicated beach area and staff that they had in Mexico, but the Manager and front desk were very attentive and checked up on us throughout the week to make sure that our needs were being met.

3 Thank Jessica_4644
Dear guest,

First of all, in the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to express our many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your recent experience here with us.

We are very grateful you to share such warm and personal remarks regarding your stay in our hotel. Considering the gastronomic experience to be a very important part of every holiday, it is our real pleasure to get to know that you enjoyed the food at our buffet style restaurant as well as dinner at the a la carte restaurant. Furthermore, we appreciate you to suggest our spa services, as a body scrub and massage that are usually appreciated by our guests.
Herewith let me encourage to every reader to find out more about our Royal Elite Select Club, further information is available in our web site.

All our staff is looking forward to seeing you here in the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Northumberland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed here on 30th March for a week. We are a couple with no children on holiday with us. The hotel is only ten minutes from the airport in a taxi and only cost 14 euros so worth it. Reception staff very welcoming. The rooms are very good. they are modern and large. We did not use the jacuzzi bath but thought it was a nice touch. The bathroom is separated by glass panels but can also be closed off. Not many English channels but thats not why we were there. There is a mini bar but it does not have anything in! We would have liked this to be replenished daily as part of the inclusive package. We stayed in 323 and it was really good for evening sun on the balcony. The balcony furniture is comfy. The beds are very firm but there are quilts instead of blankets if you are chilly. They even have music piped into the rooms from the toilet! We had a couple of issues with the cleanliness of the room and discussed this with the manager. He sorted the issues out about the cockroaches and things not being cleaned straight away by sending 2 cleaners straight along and allowed us to keep our room until we departed at 6.30 in the evening. Nothing was a problem. Our rain shower head was blocked and they replaced it immediately. There are many pools, some adult only, which was great. We enjoyed staying near the top of the hotel pool area and using the pool bar with the unusual roof. The bar staff there were really pleasant. However the girl at the bar next to the restaurant at the bottom was very unpleasant. The A La Carte restaurant is very good and the food is not the same as main restaurant so that was a bonus. We would have liked to eat in this restaurant more often. The main restaurant has a vast variety of food and has adult only areas to dine..... another bonus! I do become bored with all inclusive after a few days but that is just me and there was always something for everyone. The staff in the restaurant are very pleasant and always happy to help. The hotel is very large and therefore only having one estaurant at the bottom next to the A la Carte would be tricky for someone who has mobility problems. An additional restaurant nearer Reception would be good. This however did not affect us. We did not use the spa so cannot comment. My husband loves to use the gym on holiday, however this lets the hotel down. The gym is very small with limited equipment and no windows with a terrible air conditioning unit in. Hence he only went once! We were worried about it being windy here but you can always find a sheltered spot. This was our first time at Sandos San Blas and we would definately return. Tip: The Lake view rooms looked great and I do not think they cost anything extra..... they looked lovely and I would like to stay in one of these if we returned.

Room Tip: Book a Lakeview room
3 Thank Katiecar
Dear guest,
In the name of the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf let me thank you for taking your time to write a review about your experience here with us.
We are very pleased to read all your kind comments about your stay here with us, particularly regarding the rooms, the pools, the variety of the food in our main restaurant as well as our hotel staff that has been willingly at your disposal to make your stay an enjoyable experience. At the same time we are grateful for your helpful suggestions that make us obliged to keep on improving our services day by day.
We are very glad you to have spent such a nice time here that you would definitely return. Hereby let me take this opportunity to invite you to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Just returned from a five day holiday. the place is very big and spread out.many swimming pools
the restaurant buffet is very nice and same every day the staff are very freindly. The hotel is very clean and bed room very big.

Room Tip: get a junior suit for a family
2 Thank RICHARD g
Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf let me thank you for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
We do sincerely appreciate your warm comments with regard to our services, particularly to the restaurant buffet, the rooms and our hotel staff who tries to do their best to make your stay enjoyable.
We would like to take this occasion to invite you to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price. It will be our pleasure to see you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Shrewsbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Have just returned from a weeks stay here and it was everything we wanted. The hotel is lovely, very well laid out and definately 5 star - and we have stayed literally all over the world! Reading some of the reviews, it always comes back to personal choice and personal expectation, so will not always be a 5 star resort for everyone. The food was superb and the buffet and choices are so extensive that whilst people say that the food 'was getting boring', it will definately come down to whether you like certain cuisines or not. Breakfast for example consisted of cereals bar with nuts/fruit etc. Cooked breakfast including omelettes made to order. Breads/Toast etc. Italian bruschetta and meats etc. Continental meats/cheeses etc. Danish pastries in every shape and form. Fresh fruit/yoghurts... and all of this every morning, so I fail to see how they could provide anything more. Every mealtime is the same and caters for different european cultures and includes Fish Bar, Pasta/Pizza Bar, Salad Bar, Hot Casseroles etc, Grilled meats of various types, Chips and fast food, Dessert Bar (which was out of this world), cheese etc etc etc. You get my drift, so what more could people want?
The rooms were fantastic and always kept clean. Staff very friendly if you are pleasant to them. If you are not happy with something, like where you are sitting, they will bend over backwards to help - especially the Manager. They opened up a closed seating area of the restaurant of us as we did not want to sit in the centre of the room. Pools lovely and although the hotel could be a little isolated if you want to be in the thick of it, it was a stunning place. We went on the free Shuttle Bus to Playa de las Americas and went around the Environmental Reserve (excellent!). I can't recommend this hotel enough.

6 Thank TheCannons2013
Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to give you many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
It is our pleasure to read all your warm and personal comments about your stay in our hotel, particularly regarding the choice of the food, desserts (as you said “out of this world”), the rooms, the environmental reserve, the pools and above all the hotel staff that is always ready to serve you with a smile and to do the best to make your stay an unforgettable experience.
We are very pleased to get to know that you would recommend us to all the readers of Trip Advisor and would be grateful to see you here at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon. On this occasion let us invite you to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price.

Victor Gil
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have just come back from a week in the Sandos and from all the amazing reviews on here I must say I was disappointed when I got there.

The good things about the hotel the rooms are lovely nice and spacious and immaculate inside. We had a lovely view of the pool/sea so were very pleased.

The pools were lovely several to choose from 2 of which were heated, the salt water pool close to the sea, which the instructor told us to avoid as the water apparently irriates children's skin and the pool with the bar area further up, this is where we went as the children could stand for the majority of the pool as quite a bit of shallow area. My 3 year old could touch the floor easily.

The food initially we thought was lovely but it did become slightly boring as it was the same things everyday. I did start to dread meal times as we always seemed to be seated in the centre of the room with lots of surrounding tables giving us not much space to leave as were always banging chairs with the people behind us. With 4 children in tow this was a nightmare so after the second day I insisted that we sat on the edge comfy chairs which was so much better.

The waiting staff were not very friendly apart from the manager who always made a fuss of the kids, he was very pleasant.

A nice touch were the pony ride in the centre of the complex just outside the restaurant 5 Euro's for 5 minutes or 10 Euros for 10 minutes ride. The kids playground was good and the kayaking just behind the playground, only problem with the kayaking was no life jackets provided so a bit dangerous.

As a busy hard working parent I did purposefully pick a hotel with a kids club as my children get bored easily so need constant attention, having used these in other countries I have found them ideal in entertaining the children aswell as giving myself and husband a few hours to relax. I must say without a doubt this was the worst kids club I have ever seen, we could only use it once as the mention of them going back made my 8 year old son cry. My husband had dropped my 2 sons off for a 2 hour stint, my 3 year old was too young and my 12 year old wasn't interested in the least. When we picked them up they said all they did was draw and that they weren't allowed to do anything else. I went back the next day in the afternoon with my 2 sons who were not happy, but just to see how bad it was, the woman "looking after" the children was sat on a table while 3 girls were colouring in, a parent was there with his child who must have been under 4 hence the reason he had to stay. There was no sign of fun being had and after standing there watching for a long time she eventually lifted her head and asked the boys if they wanted to make bracelets, an activity which boys would enjoy, NOT. There was only half hour of the afternoon session remaining but I asked if they could play football outside hoping they would be happier to stay she agreed and I left them saying it was only half hour, the moment I left I sat on a sunbed outside by the pool, they were asked to go back in. She walked past with the children about 15 minutes later saying they were closing and that I needed to take them back to their relief. The rest of the holiday we used the kids club as a threat if they misbehaved. The reason for booking the hotel was because of the fact there was a kids club the fact that it was so bad did put a massive dent in our holiday as it meant that myself and husband didn't get any time to ourselves.

There is a supermarket outside the hotel if you go to the back of the hotel past all the pools and walk up the steep steps to the white hotel than turn right, you will see signs to the supermarket we ended up going there as crisps, sweets were cheaper here than on site in the little shop. We also noticed that there were places here you could book excursions that were half the price of the tour operaters, slightly annoying as we had already gone on the submarine which cost us 200+ Euros (2 Adults and 4 children). Would recommend the submarine tour was facinating.

The hotel does also operate a courtesy bus to leave the hotel at 10am return at 5 to the main beach. It was lovely at the beach for 2 reasons to get away from the hotel and to do something different. The beach was nice and big lots of room, sunbeds on the beach 5 Euro's each. I did think we may have to get the bus back early apparently number 8 bus is the best to get you back to the hotel, as the children may get bored but the day went really quickly.

Evening entertainment in the hotel was good the 3 acts I saw really entertained me, my husband went to one though which he said was rubbish but 3 out of 4 is good. The entertainment starts at 9.30ish with the kids disco prior to that at 8.30-9.30 some of the kids entertainers were good but unfortunately for the last 2 nights we were there the mini disco was done by the same girl who had done the kids club so again was very poor, children were just walking away. She was so lazy she would dance sitting down.

All in all the holiday was good not great but good, but I think for families with children you can get alot better, also the beach behind the hotel is scary, my children had bought nets to catch fish and the rocks and waves were very dangerous, they did attempt to put the net in the sea but the waves exploded onto the rocks, I just didn't think catching a fish was worth risking their lifes so made them stop.

5 Thank RuthH_11
subdireccionsanblas, Deputy Manager at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking your time and writing a review about your last experience here with us at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf.
We are very pleased to read all your complimentary remarks concerning your holiday here with us, particularly about the rooms, the pools as well as the evening entertainment.
At the same time we would like to apologize for all inconveniences that occurred during your stay regarding the Kids Club. Please be sure that we will take very good care of every suggestion you have made, and we will keep on working hard to improve our services day by day.
Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were recommended this hotel We HAhave to say it is one of the best hotels Iin Tenerife. We were totally relaxed, food, staff, cleaniness the whole resort, is all excellent. CAN NOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH.

Room Tip: Look on website and all the rooms seem the same, its nice to have one when the sun comes round for...
4 Thank Lomas4
Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review about your experience here with us.
It is our delight you to share such positive comments about your stay in our hotel, particularly concerning the hotel staff as well as the food that we find a very important aspect of the enjoyable holiday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Miguel de Abona
Vincci Tenerife Golf Hotel
#2 of 4 in Golf del Sur
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,571 reviews
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Sp...
#2 of 80 in Puerto de la Cruz
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,514 reviews
Roca Nivaria GH - Adrian Hoteles

Been to Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf? Share your experiences!