“amazing hotel, great holiday!”

Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf
Durham, United Kingdom
“amazing hotel, great holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Everything about this hotel was absolutely divine - beautiful and serene location, stunning architecture of the hotel buildings, friendly and very helpful staff and, of course, sunny weather.

The food was truly amazing – all you could possibly imagine and wish for, freshly prepared by excellent cooks and available in abundance.
Wines and cava were very good, too (I did not try any of the cocktails or lager).

The sea is very close and the beach is nice, but not sandy. Since the waves are pretty strong, there wasn’t much interest in swimming in the ocean, but the hotel has plenty of excellent pools, some reserved for adults only, which was a blessing for those who wanted to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. I recommend this hotel to everyone and can’t wait to go there again! I miss it already….

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ana190832
subdireccionsanblas, Deputy Manager at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review about your experience here with us.
We do sincerely appreciate all your positive comments given to our hotel, with particular regard to the architecture, swimming pools, the food and drinks, and above all, our hotel staff who always try to do their best to make your stay an unforgettable experience.
Once again thank you for all your comments and suggestions that make us feel obliged to keep on working hard to improve our service day by day.
Besides, we would like to invite you to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price.
Hopefully see you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Deputy Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,187)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

Just needed a week in the sun away from the poor UK weather and my wife found this place via jet2 at a good price. For our budget we didnt expect to get real 5 star but it looked good on the net and some good reviews via TA. What Sandos SB offers is a good quality 5 star accomodation with a different twist. The nature reserve is close by and trips are run daily, max 20 people per day per language, only 7 euros too so not expensive for a break from sunbathing. A golf course on the doorstep which looked decent although never got to play there...this time! From the outside the hotel complex looks like an old medieval moorish fort with its clay walls and angular lines and this look continues inside. The hotel appears based on seperate houses placed either side along a cascading river running down to the rocky beach. 7 or 8 pools of different types run down the centre of the complex from the water feature at the top down to an adult only non heated, then a main pool area with bar, freshwater and non heated, to a childreans shallow pool and bathing area then down to the bottem where you have a non heated then heated salt water pool with a small baby pool with the main bar, mini club, shop and buffet areas surrounding the pools. further round the complex you also have a sports pool for adults that has the gourmet restaurant over looking the area. You are allowed 1 visit per week at the gourmet restaurant (FOC) and it is well worth it, great food and a nice relaxed experience with 4 options of lobster and even king spider crab at 55 euros extra. We had a room in A block near the lobby bar area that overlooks the sea and the complex from level 4, this was great for a quiet nights sleep however was a walk for a 5 year old every day for the 3 meal times, however after a couple of days or so we found the cavern tunnel that runs underneath the rooms that goes straight down to the buffet restaraunt and cuts out all the sunbed/people weaving. Only downside we found was that you were very much out of town here with little around you and it was very windy for a couple of days. It is close to the airport and you can see the planes coming in to land, the noise is audible but not intrusive and other than that it is a very quiet resort. The evening entertainment is better than the usual and they mixed it up so one night may be a group, the next night acrobatics, dance etc. The hotel has a very mixed nationality client base with no one being a majority. The food was varied and of decent quality, plenty of fish and enough salad options to suit everyone. Staff are generally friendly and the reception staff we found very good indeed and could organise anything you needed. Free water stations were placed aound the main areas for topping up your bottles and reception also had bottles available from 1am until 7am if you awake with a thirst through night. Hotel has a Spa, hairdressers, boating lake,main indoor function area and an in house museum amongst its facilities if required.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Glara20
Dear guest,
First of all, in the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, we would like express our many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
We appreciate very much your positive comments about our hotel, especially regarding the gourmet restaurant La Proa and our unique environmental reserve. We are really glad to read you had enjoyed your stay with us and that you think that our hotel “is good value for money and a great place to relax “.
We are looking forward to seeing you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a week during July with my wife and 3 older teen children. Even though we were in the uk school holidays the hotel did not feel too full due to the cleaver design, all of the staff were very friendly and made time for us. Only on a couple of occasions did I have to wait at the bar, but I think this was a matter of timing your pre or post dinner drink. This is 5 star hotel but it has a nice relaxed atmosphere, you do not have to worry if you are 'allowed' to do certain things - though there is a moderate dress code at dinner - which was basically no obvious swimming trunks an flip flops/bare feet which was fair. We ate at the buffet every night and were shown to a table breakfast lunch and dinner, which was a nice touch . Food generally was good with several choices of meat and fish each night. Don't worry about the planes you hardly notice them. The rooms ( delux sea view) were very good and well cleaned each day - quite a few uk channels on the tv. There is an interesting volcanic beach but too windy to swim in the sea, as is most of the coast.you need a car to dee any thing interesting, can recommend Montana Amati la- just down the coast - a national monument and dramatic landscape , also good tide pools. The nature reserve is really very good and the organised trip is a very good 2 hours, but if you are staying at the hotel you can explore the site independently as well. I would definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Keith17Uk
Dear guest,
We appreciate very much your positive comments about our hotel, especially regarding the rooms and the hotel´s design, a relaxed atmosphere, rooms and cleanliness, food, and of course our unique environmental reserve and its guided tour.
We all are very pleased to have made your stay with us so enjoyable that you would “definitely use this hotel again”. We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

We decided to take a last minute week off from the terrible weather in the UK. Not having been to Tenerife before we had no idea what to expect.

The all inclusive Sandos was just perfect, and while the food wasn't fantastic but what do you expect at this price!) everything else is wonderful. The staff are friendly, the pools, rooms and hotel were clean and we really did have a lovely week.

Anyone staying here should know that the little village of Los Abrigos has some great restaurants and you do need to leave the hotel at least once a week if not just to get some local flavour.

We went out twice, once to Placeres and once to Los Roques, both upmarket restaurants for the area. See other reviews

All in all the Sandos is good value for money and a great place to relax.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank john r
Dear guest,
It is our great delight you to share all warm and personal remarks about your stay in our hotel that make us feel our hard work is worth as well as obliged to keep on doing our best to maintain the same standards and, of course, a great value for money.
Let us take this opportunity to invite you to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price.
We look forward to seeing you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

My boyfriend and I have just returned from Sandos Sanblas and had a lovely holiday. The room was stunning and very clean and comfortable. We were very fortunate to have a huge balcony with amazing view of the sea however would have enjoyed having a sunbed instead of chair furniture given the space we had and the neighbouring much smaller balcony had them!
The staff were all friendly and there was plenty of choice of food types and drinks on the all inclusive package however the service was a little intense whipping your plates away trying to get a quick turn around on tables! This was a little unrelaxing!
our biggest gripe was the fact that it was set up for families and we'd been lead to believe it had adult only pools and eating areas, and when we got there these areas were clearly sign posted yet they were persistently full of kids everyday and given some of their behaviour was appalling this was a real let down when paying for 5star luxury and relaxation and a lot of hard earned money! We did feel we were mis sold regarding this issue, so if you travel expect kids everywhere!
I would recomend this hotel due to the nature reserve museum and stunning designs through the airy corridors etc overall good holiday would go again but maybe not in school holidays!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Ellie N
Dear guest,
We do sincerely appreciate all your positive comments given to our hotel, with particular regard to our environmental reserve tour.
Concerning our only adult pools and dining areas, we would like to apologize if during the time you were here, there was by mistake any family with kids using them, nevertheless to avoid this or any other inconvenience we want to invite every guest to discuss any possible suggestion during their stay before leaving to find a quick solution.
Hopefully see you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I chose this hotel based on people’s reviews on TripAdvisor and I wasn’t disappointed. I travelled on my own in June for a relaxing, sun stay. The hotel is very impressive, with 8 pools and constant views of the sea. My room was pure luxury, jacuzzi bath, sound system in toilet (!) separate shower room, ultra modern bathroom layout, large flatscreen TV, sofa, large bed and a large balcony. I loved it! The huge balcony was on ground level with a walkway right in front of it, so people were constantly walking by. I was a little thrown at first and asked about moving room but no other sea views were available - I got used to it after day 1 anyway.

When I stayed there was a very large group of children staying (school trip?), which was noticeable. It didn't bother me but a couple of the pools were reserved for them and the dining room was bombarded at certain times. They'd gone by my final day, so things were a bit quieter. I'd recommend the hotel for a family stay. It was very child & baby friendly - again this didn't bother me, but it might not be ideal for some.

There was entertainment in the evenings - well attended, but not quite to my taste! A bit tacky cruise ship in my opinion - but plenty of people were happily entertained.

There's no sea to swim in, just to look at - the pools were sufficient though, some with salt water. I agree with other reviewers that the sunbeds are all saved from early morning and this isn’t monitored by the staff – even though there are signs saying not to reserve them. As I was on my own, I managed to find the odd single sunbed, but it’s not very welcoming and I do think the hotel should address this.

I used the gym a few times – very small with one x-trainer and one walking machine, a few weights etc, but it wasn’t busy.

The all-inclusive food & drinks really helped the budget and I didn't want for anything. There was plenty of the usual English food for those who don't like to be without - but I found enough of the local cuisine to keep me happy; Canarian potatoes, freshly grilled cuttle fish, paella etc.

The only thing that I was unprepared for was the fact that the Spa wasn't included in the hotel price. This hadn't been made clear on their website nor through the agency I booked with, and it was one of my main reasons for going. There was a daily charge as well as you having to pre-book and limit your time there (1 or 2 hours I can't remember). I did talk with the management and they eventually (with reluctance and not too graciously) gave me a voucher to use for 45mins each day! When I went to the spa it was sooooo small, that you really couldn't manage longer than that anyway. This was quite disappointing for me – but I made the most of the time and I did book 2 massages there which were excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank EnglishGirl-AngelM
Dear guest,
We do sincerely appreciate all your positive comments given to our hotel as well as your suggestions. I would like to take this opportunity to explain that we have people working around the pool area just to remind our guest´s that it is not allowed (the same way it is written all over), and of course it is not necessary, to reserve sun beds, as long as there are plenty of them available, nevertheless we always have in mind that you are on holidays here, and we want to respect that, and we think that is just as simple as using the common sense and trying to respect the other guests.
Hereby we would like to invite you to visit our website to book your next stay at the best price. We are looking forward to seeing you again here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Victor Gil
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Just back from our second visit ot the Sandos San Blas and I'm happy to say the hotel is as good as ever.
In my last review I noted a couple of minor issues e.g. the lack of fresh juice at breakfast and I was delighted to see fresh smoothie type drinks were available this time in addition to the regular juice from the machines.

The hotel was very busy (as I would expect in July) and full of families. While I have two children I also enjoy peace and quiet and we were able to avoid the bedlam of the main family pool as there is a pool for all tastes.

Food was very good. I would like to have seen a little less fried and more fresh and maybe a bit more made of the carvery. Desserts were still excellent.

The lobbey bar was perfect for a pre dinner drink and funnily not too busy in the evenings.

I had a lovely spa treatment this time a facial combined with a back massage - to be recommended!

I have a further suggestion - on the last day I wanted to leave a tip for the waiting staff and tried to give money to the dining room supervisor - she was reluctant to take it as she said there was no facility for her to share it with the rest. It would be good if there was some option to leave a general tip waiting staff as we received excellent service from all waiting staff and couldn't pick out one in particiular.

As I have reviewed this hotel before I won't do a full review again except to say we had a lovely stay, our children are mad keen to returm again and I would happily make a third visit - so well done!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear guest,
It is our great delight you to share all warm and personal remarks about your second stay in our hotel that make us feel our hard work is worth as well as obliged to keep on doing our best to maintain the same standards and, of course, a great value for money.
As you can imagine, our hard working waiting staff is always happy when our guest´s want to tip them, usually if the tip is in general for the whole crew, is the Mâitre who receives the money and monthly is shared in between them all, but if you want to tip any certain waiter or waitress, you may give the tip straight to him/her or leave it on the table.

Victor Gil
Vincci Tenerife Golf Hotel
#2 of 4 in Golf del Sur
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,575 reviews
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Sp...
#2 of 80 in Puerto de la Cruz
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,514 reviews
Roca Nivaria GH - Adrian Hoteles

Been to Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf? Share your experiences!