“AMAZING!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Leicester, United Kingdom
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here..5*** we booked a studio apartment but when we arrived was given a huge bed apartment,VERY clean and beautiful, staff were very friendly and always helpful,
Only down the road from the airport but very quiet location.
The ONLY downfall is there is NO beach at Golf de sur you have to travel to player del amercias,only a bus ride away but when booking this hotel it said on the beach which it isnt its actually a Black beach with rocks!
We will be staying here again and have recommended it to friends and family

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sam8t5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

Hotel was really clean, rooms were spacious, supermarket was a great bonus. 2 bed room has all the utensils, equipment you need including dishwasher, tv, fridge etc. childrens area was great and the main pool was a good size. Location meant that you had to get bus to beaches but there were plenty if pubs and restaurants within walking distance. Hotel staff were very friendly and all queries were dealt with very efficiently. This hotel would be a major hit if they creates an artificial beach on the front if it........

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank Gcgr77
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We have just had a fantastic xmas at this hotel. It was our second stay here this year and we loved it.

All the staff are so friendly and always willing to go that extra mile to help.

The animation rep Elanor is just brilliant a real credit to the hotel.

Cannot wait to return :-)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank leighanne h
cambridgeshire
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My partner and I have just returned after having spend christmas at the santa Barbara, It was just so relaxing, the accomadation is excillient , the staff so friendly and very helpful nothing was too much trouble. The whole complex was kept spotless and all the staff worked so hard and with consideration at all times. The resturante food was of a very high standard and well priced. Our accomadation was a studio with a pull down bed, which was of good quality but was a bit squaeky!!!!... the neighbours must have thought we where on honeymoon... sadly not. The new flat screen tv, dvd player and I.Pod docking station is brillient, shame that it wasnt HD ready... The kitchen very well equipt. On site shop very basic, so went to the large supermarket at the top (you will need a taxi) and did a big shop. Very cheap and offered good quality and choice.As an independant Care Giver I am always looking for suitable accomadation to recommend to clients with mobilty restrictions and the SBG&OC it ideal., with lifts and ramps, and suitable accomadation. So no excuse not to take mum and dad.. I would recommend to any client asking for a recommendation. The only down side was we hadnt been informed about the building works and at times it was deaferning and did give me a bad headache, but it is now finished.
We would like to congratulate everyone at the SBG&OC for making our stay so enjoyable, look ing forward to booking a return visit it May

Room Tip: Try and book a top floor room as better views and is shelteded from the wind. Would recommended a on...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ladybugme
diamondresorts, Owner at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
We’re really glad that you had an enjoyable stay at the Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club this Christmas! We strive to provide an excellent standard of service to all our guests, and we’re delighted that our team were able to provide you with all the information and assistance you required during your stay.

We take accessibility issues very seriously, and as such, we’ve made full information about the resort available on our website and will make every effort to fulfil accessibility requests made by our guests.

We try to minimise the disruption caused to our guests during periods of refurbishment and maintenance, and we’re sorry to read that you were disturbed by the building works which took place during your stay. Details of upcoming building work can be found on the resort’s fact sheet on our website, and we encourage guests to take a look at this prior to arrival.

We hope that this issue didn’t mar your stay – we’re really glad that you’re planning to return here, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Resort Manager
Javier Baqueiro
Inverness
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I was here 10 nights in Dec 2012. Good place to stay, I booked a studio via Booking.com but got a 1 bedroom apartment instead with the same (good) price. Nice start. Room was clean & nice, basic things but can't expect much more for 25€ / night... Very spacious from my point of view, light colours and bid bathroom. Kitchen fully equipped, oven, microwawe, fridge, freezer, toaster and all the dishes you can think of. I had a balcony which was in the sun for almost the whole day, nice place to drink the morning coffee in the sun.

My only real complain was the pizza that i got from hotel's restaurant the first evening. I was quite tired when i finally arrived so I thought I wouldn't bother to go anywhere further to get something to eat. So I went to this "little Italy" restaurant in the hotel and ordered a pizza. Got one fast, paid it (+a good tip) and went in to my room to eat &enjoy. When I opened the box, there was hardly any filling visible in the pizza and it tasted awful. It was like reheated, not made 10minutes ago. I could only eat half of it and I was hungry. Had to throw rest of it away. Horrible. So you can guess how many times I went to that place to eat again during my stay? Zero.

But hotel in itself was very good compared to price, cleaning only every other day but it was ok for me. Staff seemed to be very friendly and when I had a small problem with my balcony door it was fixed in an hour.

If you're just after the sun this is a good place. But it has to be said that if you're after any kind of activity (except golf), Golf del Sur can't offer much. There's really no nightlife to speak of, no sandy beaches, no big shopping centres. You need to take a taxi or at least a bus to find things to do... But I got the sun which I needed after having no sun at all during the summer.

1 more thing maybe worth mentioning. I was there just before Christmas an many other hotels in the area seemed to be very empty compared to Santa Barbara. No people at the pools, no lights in the windows in the evening. I thought that told me quite a lot. It was clearly the most booked hotel in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank MikaInverness
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Didn't expect the apartment to be as nice as it was, very clean and containing everything we needed. The hotel amenities were good. The staff were fantastic and extremely helpful and friendly. Minor building work was taking place on site which created a bit of noise during the day but was no major issue. The bar closing at 1am when the opening hours states 2am was the only disappoinment. It is a hotel I would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind comments with other travellers. We are happy to read that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay here with us at Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club. We are sorry if the building work has caused you any inconvenience, however we hope you can appreciate that there is never an ideal time to carry out maintenance work and we assure we are doing our best to keep the disturbance to the absolute minimum. We do hope to see you again in the future!

Kind regards
Javier Baqueiro
Resort Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Stayed at SBG&OC through diamond resorts in June 2012 and was pleasantly surprised. Really nice, clean hotel with a very modern feel to the rooms. Extremely spacious and well equipped (safe, tv, fully equipped kitchen etc). We didn't request any particular room but had a lovely sea view and a balcony which caught the sun perfectly. Hotel was busy but not too busy, there were always free sunbeds and the grounds benefit from several different areas that you can pick from to sit, some quieter and more secluded than others which is nice. The surrounding area is quiet but there are some nice restaurants to choose from and a variety of cuisines. Excursions are good, i'd recommend the stargazing trip, it was excellent and the tour guide was delightfully eccentric (calling Neil and Buzz on several occasions to check on the location of passing satellites). All in all a great stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
#7 of 14 in Los Cristianos
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,120 reviews
Apartamentos Gema Aguamarina Golf
Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf
Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & ...
#1 of 13 in San Miguel de Abona
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#21 of 57 in Costa Adeje
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,717 reviews

Been to Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club? Share your experiences!