We spent the October/November half term here and were pleasantly surprised with the hotel.
I had read the reviews of this hotel, and in the main they were positive. What I hadn't grasped from those or from elsewhere was the size of the place, a lot bigger than expected. First impressions count a lot and the reception/lobby area was a good size with reception being well manned. Staff were great, very friendly, helpful and efficient.
Made our way to our room, up one level and roadside - balcony and living area facing the sea though. Our bedroom was roadside and you get the odd bit of vehicle noise, not a lot though. We had a one bedroom apartment, spotlessly clean, very well equipped and very spacious. Very impressed.
Exploring the hotel we managed to find our way about pretty swiftly, it’s well signposted throughout. Pool area and pool bar were good.
We ate in the restaurant on the first evening and the food was pretty good, nice steaks for the boys. Service was excellent again.
First day by the pool, a lot of beds had towels and no people on them but we managed to secure a spot for a lazy day in the sun.
We ate at the pool side bar and the only negative here was that the service was very slow. I think one of the hotel management was sat near us and heard our comments to the waitress and from that point on the service seemed to speed up a bit !
The downstairs entertainment area was closed for refurbishment, which was a shame as this limited night time options to the outside bar - lovely if it wasn't raining !! - the smaller entertainment bar or the small bar area alongside the restaurant. Wasn't an issue though as we like to go out a bit in the evenings and on a dry evening (we had a few) we sat outside on the terrace. They had some entertainment there too on occasion which was OK.
The on-site shop is pretty well stocked and reasonably priced, comparable with the nearby supermarket which was a surprise.
Location wise is OK, right by the sea - ok if you like the view and rocks but not a beach holiday place though. Within a short walk you will find a fair number of bars, restaurants and shops and if you like your golf, threes a couple of golf courses nearby.
We hired a car (not from the hotel) and getting about is pretty easy being 5 minutes or so from the motorway. The hotel provides secure underground parking so no issue there.
Our only issue with the holiday (nothing to do with the hotel) was that the return airport transfer didn't show (Note - do not trust Jumbo Tours!), but hotel reception helped out here and arranged a taxi for us. Luckily it’s only a short drive to the airport
All in all I'd recommend the hotel quite highly with its biggest asset being its excellent staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moorish-inspired architecture and beautifully finished luxury accommodations, some overlooking the Atlantic, are just two of the features that make Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club one of the finest resorts in Southern Europe.Nestled on the sun-drenched southern coast of Tenerife, Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club boasts a truly superb range of facilities including swimming pools, landscaped gardens, shops and even its own gymnasium.A golfer's paradise, the fairways that host the prestigious Tenerife Open are just a few steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HRS, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Santa Barbara Golf And Ocean Club
- Santa Barbara Hotel Ocean
- Santa Barbara Resort Ocean
- Santa Barbara Tenerife
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Tenerife/San Miguel De Abona