BTW, we stayed here in November so perhaps some of my comments are out of date now.
This is a very big hotel right by the sea near the south airport, although the flights pass far enough away not to be a problem. We had a villa near the pool that was one of the biggest we had stayed in, it had a big lounge, really well stocked kitchen, two beds, two bathrooms. Generally it was all well furnished although there were a lot of little ants and mosquitoes about the place. There was also the most excellent balcony with table and chairs, which saved us from having to rush out and reserve sun beds as many of our (English!) fellow guests seemed to.
When it was quiet it was all fine, although the room next to ours and the top floor were being refurbished at the time so there was inevitable drilling etc, we were warned (after booking) that there would be noise so I can't really complain.
The resort is fine, pretty quiet, there are a number of unfinished derelict hotels on the coast that spoil some of the coastal walks but there are some decent restaurants and generally we found plenty of places to go. There are excellent fish restaurants in the next village along, but it is a dark walk home at night. You can play tennis at the golf course which was ok, but it is probably a mile or a bit more.
We hired a car and took some very memorable trips up into the mountains, this was my favorite part of the holiday. The free parking was a bit fraught, really bumpy, there is underground parking that has a small charge but we didn't need it.
All in all it was a nice hotel, the staff were all good but I suspect we won't go back to this resort as it was bit limited in terms of things to do within walking distance. We enjoyed our week though and I would recommend it if you are looking for a quiet time (or golf!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moorish-inspired architecture and beautifully finished luxury accommodations, some overlooking the Atlantic, are just two of the features that make Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club one of the finest resorts in Southern Europe.Nestled on the sun-drenched southern coast of Tenerife, Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club boasts a truly superb range of facilities including swimming pools, landscaped gardens, shops and even its own gymnasium.A golfer's paradise, the fairways that host the prestigious Tenerife Open are just a few steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Santa Barbara Golf And Ocean Club
- Santa Barbara Hotel Ocean
- Santa Barbara Resort Ocean
- Santa Barbara Tenerife
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Tenerife/San Miguel De Abona