we stayed here for 6 days fr july 15- 21. it is a very nice hotel, seaside location and its amenities, no complaint about that. the room is well equipped with everything you needed for a self catering holiday.
but few issues i would like to raise for, hopefully, to improve the service.
1. i was charged few weeks before checking in without notice despite booking agreement that i will pay in the hotel upon arrival. problem wes sorted though after several emails of inquiry.
2. they need to review their staffing specifically the receptionists. since they are under diamond resorts international, they are expected to have a welcoming atmosphere and it should start from the front desk. i dont know how long some of them have been working in this hotel but some seem unhappy and just doing their job without showing any interest and sincere respect to customers. they need to loosen up a bit and not to show a borderline rudeness and intimidating approach to their guests.
do not make any request during booking because they will give you the opposite of your request!
i requested a room away from the sewage and in high floor if possible but upon checking in, we were allocated next to the sewage. i immediately phoned the reception and explained about my request, and fortunately the receptioninst who answered is the one who did the check in which took a while for she had to stare at the computer and read whatever is written most probably my request and the issue of early and wrong charges. she told me that she will speak to the incharge if she can give me another room. i was asked to view 2 more rooms and choose which one. the point is, come on, if you have more vacant rooms, then why give the room which is exactly opposite of my request?!. a bit challenging and really intimidating.
we encountered problem in printing our boarding pass, printer not working and we were advise to go to the hotel nearby to ask if they can help us whoch we did, but with same problem. then again told to go to a computer/ intnet cafe in somewhere in san blas, which unfortunately we did not find. we asked in one shop and we were advise to go to sunview hotel across the road which happened to be a branch of diamond resorts international too, same problem though with the printer and the pdf issue, but through the very kind assistance of receptionist Hamid El Himas, we were able to print our boarding pass in just 5 minutes.i just dont understand why the receptionists in santa barbara 3 of them behind the desk could do such simple task.
then come checking out time, we checked out 4am and while on the way to the airport, we realized we forgot 1 small bag, we had to return and borrowed the key from the reception, when i asked if i can get in to get the bg,this reptionist just threw the card key at the desk. what a man!
3. we decided to eat at the pool bar that afternoon we checked in, and was charged with 3 extra large beer and 1 small beer when in fact we only ordered 3 magners cider! we had to chase the waiter to correct the bill.
4. dont leave your door open during the night, mosquitos ready to invade your room soon darkness sets in. it happened during our first night coz we preferred to have fresh air but we ended up having bites in the morning. understandable though coz the place is just beside the water.
well, all in all, it was a great holiday. as i said, vry nice hotel, just the "staff"needs improvement. we're still plannng to book here but hopefully, it will be a better welcoming atmosphere and more helpful front desk staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moorish-inspired architecture and beautifully finished luxury accommodations, some overlooking the Atlantic, are just two of the features that make Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club one of the finest resorts in Southern Europe.Nestled on the sun-drenched southern coast of Tenerife, Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club boasts a truly superb range of facilities including swimming pools, landscaped gardens, shops and even its own gymnasium.A golfer's paradise, the fairways that host the prestigious Tenerife Open are just a few steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Onthebeach, TravelUp, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HRS, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Santa Barbara Golf And Ocean Club
- Santa Barbara Hotel Ocean
- Santa Barbara Resort Ocean
- Santa Barbara Tenerife
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Tenerife/San Miguel De Abona