Impression was okay when I first drive onto the car park. Reception staff was helpful at first and we were given apartment 72A which is long 150-200 metres walk from the car park/reception. This might not be a problem for some but when you have kids like me and you go in and out of the apartment quite often, it becomes a bit of a workout.
The decorations inside is I find quite dated, kitchen is very small and toilets smelt of poo which they later rectified. All was well until we came back to the apartment at night where it was swamped with flying and normal ants. In the middle of the living room there is a glass panel to let sun light through during the day, this became a viewing glass for all sorts of insects. A lot of it came through and we literally spent the remainder of the night killing insects and sweeping away dead bodies.
I spoke to reception the next morning, they acknowledged the problem (which means it's not the first time) and said since it's a resort next to the a golf course you can expect some insects. I said i don't mind seeing the odd ants here and there but when you have an army of them scaring my kids to death, it's a different story. And their solution to this is that they will send someone to spray some stuff around the place and recommend that we kill the lights at night. Yes, very ridiculous, they will spray some stuff that is most likely to be harmful to my kids and they want us to either sleep early at night or move around in the dark.
The second night was spent more or less the same way, kill and sweep. I spoke to them again and they just didn't think it was a problem.
So...unless you want experience this, avoid this place. However I have to be fair, other rooms may not have this problem so I don't know and the other hotel they own - Santa Barbara hotel 5 minutes away is so much better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against rising hills amid the greens of the challenging Golf del Sur course, Royal Tenerife Country Club is a resort designed with relaxation in mind.The furnished accommodations boast sumptuous marble bathrooms and beautifully outfitted kitchens. Outside there are attractive, subtropical gardens, but the focal point of Royal Tenerife Country Club is its large and beautifully landscaped swimming pool.Out and about you will find that a relaxed atmosphere pervades, while the fish restaurants in the nearby village of Los Abrigos are simply too good to ignore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Tenerife Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Tenerife Country Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Royal Tenerife Country Club San Miguel De Abona