“A pleasure to dine here”
Review of RESTAURANTE LEON

RESTAURANTE LEON
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Llafranc
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have been coming to Llafranc for years, and dinner at Leon's is always on the agenda. The welcome from the owners and staff is always warm.
Like so many other reviews you can't help but to order your favourite off the menu trouble is over time your favourites grow, thankfully its sensibly priced dining so visiting more than once during a stay to work your way down your list is an easy option.
My Wife has a dilemma with the starters as the despite having a 1970's dining association the Prawn Cocktail is very good and she will have it at least once, then um and aahhh about having it again on another night.
My Favourite is the Monkfish in Garlic Sauce, it looks a little untidy when presented but it's so tasty, be warned though the sauce will have you struggling for a kiss but you will have no trouble from Vampires!!
Whilst the menu is fish heavy, on our last night in Llafranc this year I opted for the Tournedos which came with a mushroom sauce, after the first bite I cut smaller and smaller pieces just to keep it lasting longer, when the waiter came and asked if I had finished when he saw the sauce remaining just slid the bread basket closer............ I could have licked the plate!!
Writing that just made me hungry!!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Leon is not located on the seafront so you are not paying top price for the view. Instead what you are getting is a delicious meal in a friendly restaurant at good value.
We shared mussels as a starter which came which came in a tasty sauce and was about enough for two. We then had the Fisherman style Monkfish - nicely cooked with clams and prawns and I had a fish stew with a variety of fish, clams, prawns and potatoes which was excellent.
The sangria was light and refreshing and complemented the meal well. The restaurant is quite brightly lit inside so my only recommendation to the owners would be for dimmed lighting to attract more couples. However we had a lovely evening in a truly delightful restaurant.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The restaurant Leon is absolutely fantastic. I have been going to Calella de Palafrugell with my family every summer for many years and we always eat here at least a couple of times during the holiday. I always get the same meal because it's amazing - mussles for starter, paella for main and crema catalan for dessert. They do a menu in which you get three courses and a drink for around 16 euros which is great value for money. The quality of the food is top notch. They specialise in seafood and do a variety of impressive seafood dishes. The paella mixta is more like a seafood paella with some pieces of meat included. It is a darker colour than a tranditional spanish paella and is absolutely superb. It is cooked using a family recipe of the restaurant owner and has not changed over the years. I would definitely recommend the paella. The staff are very friendly and provide an excellent service. The restaurant Leon can be easily found on Carrer de Pere Pascuet as is has a distinctive blue sign "Restaurant" above the entrance.

1  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The specialty here is fish and they definitely live up to that reputation. All the dishes we had were excellent. We have a 3 year old son and they brought his food first so we could enjoy our meal afterward.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Montsy and team very friendly. Excellent value local dishes, with good variety. not in a great location, but cheaper than the more obvious places.