“Good Value”

Odissea Park Apartaments
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Santa Susanna
Reviewed 27 June 2013

After relying on these reviews for some time, I feel that it is time I start to contribute.

My wife and I stayed at Odissea Park Apartments during June 2013 on the recommendation from one of our parents who had stayed here in 2010. The apartments are very clean and are situated in a good location. They are self contained apartments, it is a good idea to take some toilet paper, dish washing liquid, laundry soap, otherwise they need to be purchased elsewhere.

The reception staff are helpful. My only issue was a staff member at the food / drink bar on the pool level. During a peak period she asked that I come back to order my drink after she had finished eating her lunch and watching TV. There were a couple of people nearby who were also shocked.

Overall, good clean apartments, good value. We found Santa Susanna to be very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Odissea Park Apartaments

Reviewed 23 June 2013

went for one week in may apartments were very good didn't like the resort weather wasn't good cold wind not much to do , the highlight of the holiday was trip to Barcelona. which was very good value at 28euros each.

1  Thank charlie900
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed here for four nights and although I slept on the sofa bed it was surprisingly comfy! good location and had everything we needed! the pub "the drunken duck" pub was great and the resturants on the opposite side of the main road are very good (don't just stick to the side with the most on!) hotel was close to the train station for a trip to Barcelona and although expensive the hotel did have Wifi for guests to use. The balconys are lovely and big and perfect for the group of girls I went with to sunbathe on!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

We have been to this hotel before I love Santa Suzanna it's very clean and not too busy. Would recommend going on the train ride, hiring the bikes and eating at the English bar the drunken duck. The hotel is great ideal spot lovely and clean although I didn't find the staff as nice as they were on our last visit

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank privateFlintshire
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

My husband, I and our 2 children (15yrs and 7yrs) just got back from a stay in this hotel and were pleasantly surprised! Bad points: They wanted to charge for their car park at a rate of €6 per day which we thought was unacceptable so we parked in the free car park up the road and out the front if the hotel for a few days also but not on the Tuesday when they have the market. We had to give a €100 deposit and were given a list of items in the room and how much they cost to replace if broken which I have never had in the whole time me and my family have travelled. The wifi was a bit of a rip off at €2 per hour when it was free in restaurants etc that's it really. The hotel and pool area was spotlessly clean and our rooms were perfect for us. The tv picked up BBC1 and ITV which was a godsend when our daughter was in bed :) The towels were replaced in our room twice in our 7night stay which was fine by us as we had taken our own towels. The food was basic but good. The shop below was quite expensive but then so was most of the shops! Go a little further up the road to buy from Lidl if supplies are needed :) The area was lovely and I think the hotel is situated in the best place. The negative comments on here about rude staff are to be ignored, the staff were lovely and I think some people's attitude brings out bad in people! As some people have commented before, the hotel opposite had some people on their balconies late however, once you shut your doors (needed to activate air con) you can't hear them. If you book here, you won't be disappointed, great value for money and if we return to Santa Susanna, this is where we will stay again :))

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank The_chemist77
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed in these apartments middle of May, had satnav but took us a little while to find the building as the street is almost a back street where other hotels also are located. Check in was a simple process although it was annoying paying the city tax (7 euro for 8 nights). Asked about parking the car and was told the carpark was 6 euro a day, however there are plenty of sandy pieces of land which receptionist also said we could park on. We were a little worried at first but parked here for the whole stay and it was fine.

Room was lovely, basic kitchen, no oven, but we could get past that. You were meant to take your own rubbish out but the cleaners did ours! We were delighted with having a balcony which covered the living room and bedroom and had side sea view. We slept really well, only on the last night were there people from the opposite hotel were noisy.

The apartment was one hours drive from Barcelona (1hr 20 with toll roads) so we visited twice. We also found Tosse De Mar a short drive away which is beautiful historic town.

The weather was a little dodgy when we stayed but we did have a few nice days and stayed by the pool area. There was not loads to do in Santa Susanna so it was nice having the car to explore.

I would recommend this apartment block.

1  Thank MrsG1982
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My partner and I stayed her from the 7th to the 13th May. We were looking for accommodation which wouldn't cost the earth as we only wanted somewhere to use as a base, as our trip was purely sightseeing in Barcelona for 3 days and going to the Spanish Grand Prix in Catalunya for 2 days. We had a bargain through Fleetway Travel which only cost us just over £200 each for the week including our flights. Now I am really fussy about where I stay and I was a bit concerned as the price was so cheap, as we have paid triple that amount in the past and have ended up in some real dumps, but we couldn't fault Odessia Park.

We were very pleased with the accommodation and we did not encounter any problems with rude staff. The lady on reception was helpful, polite and her english was quite good. Check in was straight forward and quick and there is parking across the road from the apartments if you have a hire car, which is very safe and secure. We parked outside the apartment when we first arrived as she said we had to book in first before we could park the car in the car park which made sense as you needed a card from her to activate the barrier in and out.

You are given quite a few pieces of paper and you do have a list of what dishes etc are in your room and prices if anything is smashed or damaged. You can pay to use the safe in the room which is worth it at any cost to keep your valuable documents and money safe. The safe is a digital one which I hadn't seen before. Found this great as you did not have to carry a safe key around with you when out and about and worry about losing the key. The lifts were clean and the same with the corridors. When we got to the room which was on the 3rd floor it was lovely and clean. You have a 2 ring halogen hob and hood, kettle, toaster, small fridge, cooking utensils and a microwave. We did notice a melted burn mark on the inside of the microwave door so my partner went straight back downstairs and reported it to the lady on reception not for them to think we had damaged the microwave door during our stay. She documented the room number and the damage straight away and said she would have someone to have a look at it. The apartments and building are immaculate, the room has everything you need for self catering.There is a lovely shower.The bed was okay but I did wake once or twice with a bit of a bad back but that could of been from all the walking we did in Barcelona and not necessarily the mattress or sleeping awkward.

We had clean towels on arrival, then our towels were changed twice again during our week stay, so no complaints there about maid service. The balcony was nice and big but we did catch a lot of shade on the side we were staying but that didn't particularly bother us, as we were never there. The television is a nice size but you don't have many english channels to choose from you can pick up the discovery channel and watch wheeler dealers, tanked and and some other shows which suited us fine. The person on reception will give you a remote control when you check in, and you can have internet etc for a certain charge every day if you want to.

I personally thought the pool was a little small so I do wonder what it would be like in peak season, as it was very quiet the week we were there. It has a very clean pool area and snack area. It must of been the start of the season, as it was only the day before we left to come home we actually saw some people by the pool. Saying that though it wasn't boiling hot when we were there about 20 degrees maybe a bit too cool for swimming and sunbathing for some people. There is a nice snack bar area and the food looked reasonably priced.

We did not purchase food from the supermarket underneath as we had a hire car. We used Lidl's down the road. I cannot comment on how expensive the bread, milk and other items were in the supermarket underneath (little souvenirs are reasonable in the supermarket). As we had a car it was easy for us to bring back bottles of water and heavy goods from Lidl to the apartment. You can walk to Lidl if it is nice as it is not that far, but I would say only if you don't intend on buying a lot of heavy goods it maybe a bit far and a struggle for people.

There are plenty of shops in Santa Susanna and Malgrat de Mar. Your usual souvenir shops and clothes shops. Malgrat de Mar was about a mile down the road, worth a stroll when it's nice. We ate lunch one day in Malgrat de Mar and the pizza was lovely and reasonable. I think the name of the place was Di Angelo's or the one next door I can't remember. We ate out at Maui Beach Steak House and Bar which was lovely and the food in the King's was really nice. We would recommend both places in Santa Susanna. We saw El Ship and the Mexican place by the beach but didn't eat there. Sorry that we didn't now as a couple of people on here have said they served lovely food. There are some nice bars when we did venture out for an hour or two in the evening as we were so tired from all the sightseeing in Barcelona we were in bed by 10-10.30pm.

The resort had everything we needed and all within walking distance.The train station is close and the trains run every 20-25 minutes so take advantage of this and have a day in Barcelona if you feel cultural it's worth it. We would go back to Santa Susanna and the Odessia Park probably for a beach holiday. There are several negative reviews on her from the past few years, maybe they have improved since then but it is one of the best places we have stayed. We would highly recommend Odessia Park.

5  Thank Clare C