“Bingo!”

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Santa Susanna
Ukraine, Odessa
“Bingo!”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Ok, after reading several reviews here about the smell and difficulties with getting to the hotel via the underpass we're little concerned. But we failed to sense the reported smell :-) and yes there is the underpass and right maybe an issue for old people although the hotel has nothing to do with it and sure thing it is not an issue for young folks. I've managed to pass through with two suite cases and I'm not Jason Bourne :-)

Overall the hotel completely confirmed our expectations - it was awesome! We want to say a special Thank you to the girl who is responsible for animation for kids - she did a great job spending 2 hours a day with our daughter in the playing room for kids. It works from 11 am till 1 pm Monday-Friday, 1 pm is the time when a launch begins and so it was really handy to let our honey Liza to play with her and then go all together on the launch.

Breakfasts and dinners are awesome, every single meal was lovely! Yummy fish daily.

Room Tip: Don't worry if you won't able to get a room with a view directly as the sea, the once that a...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ArtemDiogtiev

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The hotel caprici is lovely and clean but the food is really bad most days it was inedible, the fruit is hardly ever ripe, they wont let you take it up to your room to ripen it even though you have paid for it. the buses drop you of over the road and you have to go down some steps and up again the other side the underpass gets very wet and smelly. not easy if you have mobility problems...

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel if you have mobility problems...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank sporty521
Olomouc, Czech Republic
Reviewed 10 July 2012

It was like a dream, everything was better, than I expected.It was very nice to sleep hearing sea, eat such a tasty meals, go ten steps from hotel basin to coast. People was so kind and we feel so safe and comfortable here. Evan our terrible teenagers like it. I´d love to come there again.

Room Tip: We had 5th floor to the basin and had an extra view to the sea, we drank wine and had rest on a balc...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jane K
scunthorpe
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Just returned from a week at the Caprici. Went with an open mind owing to some of the previous reviews. We arrived in the early hours of the morning to have to walk through an underpass with steps at either end. Not a problem for us but if you are disabled you will struggle especially as it has no hand-rail. Hotel itself was in a good location, spotlessly clean, staff very efficient and friendly. We asked for extra pillows, these were brought to the room straight away. The outside catering has plenty of seating and a menu for lunch times. The pool was well maintained and the area very clean. Breakfast provided lots of choice and quantities, evening dinner.......choice was there but the food was not the best and it was often cold. Expected to see a lot more fruit available, if anything lets the hotel down it is just the dinners.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank julie h
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of a large group. The bedrooms were fine, but that was the only acceptable part of the hotel.

The bathroom's suffered in that the water would go from boiling hot to freezing cold without warning. This was consistent for a whole week. It made take a shower impossible.

The food (we were half board) was wholly inedible, the breakfast buffet included powdered fruit juices, and cereal which was like cardboard. The evening meals were equally dire.

When complaints were made the hotel staff were dismissive and rude.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
11 Thank Harvey M

Travellers are raving about these Santa Susanna hotels

Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Been to the Hotel caprici on more than one occasion over the years and it's changed from a UK dominated hotel to a western European and recently an east European favourite, which makes it feel much more exotic.....how about karaoke with the words appearing on the screen in cyrillic !!!
The access can be a bit off putting, as you tend to get dropped on the main road and have to lug your case thro' an underpass to reach the hotel, not a long way but I wouldn't recommend going here if you have any mobility problems. If mobility isn't an issue, then don't let it put you off. The hotel is bright and airy, the rooms are roomyish, clean and tidy. Try and get a room overlooking the pool / seafront, altho' the inland side isn't too bad, nice views up to the hills. The train to barcelona stops about 50 metres away, but is very quiet and in no way disturbs your peace.
Dining room is again an enclosed affair ( similar to other santa Susana hotels, can't think why ) which can appear a bit claustrophobic at busy times. Food is buffet style, variable but you would have to be really fussy to find nothing to saitisfy you. The swimming pool is a reasonable size and planty of beds and shade for the times when it gets too hot. The hotel is the last ( or first ) hotel in Santa Susana and is bordered by a long beach which stretches along the coast to Callella.....it gets quite busy with locals during the weekends but there's plenty of room. It gives the hotel an impression of isolation and quiet, but is just across the road from the start of a lovely wide promenade which runs into Santa Susana centre, and which is populated by street artists and kraft sellers....lovely to walk along after dinner.
The real selling point of this hotel is it's beach front location, literally 10 metres from the shore front. The terrace bar at the front / or back of the hotel is a lovely place to watch the sunrise with a quiet coffee, or the sunset with a nice drink ....or just to sit in at any other time of the day. It also does a nice range of snacks / light meals which we can recommend....porbably better than the fair served in the restaurant.
So, a good base, quiet but not isolated, quirky with cyrillic karaoke and not too expensive, try it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
16 Thank Fenaloni1
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We had a 5 day break here returning yesterday. I feel I need to be quick and alert others before you go here. If you are after juat a base to travel or sunbathe all day it is ideal. If you want to spend any time in the hotel pool/bar/room then go elsewhere.
We were dropped off on the main road and had to walk through a dirty subway to get to the hotel. We arrived at 11pm and there was no English speaking staff. We finaly got our key to our second floor room with a "sea view". Well you can see some see but mainly a massive empty patch of land which looks terrible. We only had the sun on the balcony till 1pm.
The beach is right out the back, great for sunbathing but beware. It's not a sand beach, it's manmade. I wasn't aware until a lovely English cleaner told us. The grit stones/gravel isn't great for kids or long stays.
The pool was always full so we never even got near it. I think this hotel is aimed at german/Dutch/Russian/Spanish. Not English. The cleaner told us the English go less and less every year.
The food.....well.....Always cold, always dry, very little choice and just simply a joke. The staff in the hotel like to keep you crammed together, I wanted to be near the soup as it's all I ate but was told no, even tho I have a bad limp so explained I may slipp holding the soup and walking so far. Still no, I asked the manager to help me out on this and was told he could move us to another hotel!!! Why?! I explained why I wanted to
Be near the soup and was told to calm my attitude!!! I never even raised my tone never mind my voice, lol. I did not go back to the restraunt after that.
The day before we were due to leave, my mum had a fall and I tried to get a flight home. This was a big thing to me and when I explained this to the staff on reception, there reponce was "there's a phone over there you can use" Wow! No other help or kind words offered in any way.
That is all I can say about this hotel. We won't be going back, santa susana is just not for the English. There are caravan sites on both sides of the hotel too.

• Stayed June 2011