Hotel Indalo Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Alhambra(Santa Susanna)
Hotel Riviera(Santa Susanna)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Checkin Sirius(Santa Susanna)
  • Breakfast included
H.TOP Summer Sun(Santa Susanna)
  • Restaurant
Tahiti Playa Suites(Santa Susanna)
  • Beachfront
H.TOP Royal Sun(Santa Susanna)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Hotel Florida Park(Santa Susanna)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindoor poollive music every nightrated starno english channelsfine shingleexcellent hotelevening entertainment was goodcomfortable roomsbreakfast and evening mealquiet roomuntil midnighthotel entertainmentinternet accesstrain stationfew minutes walkreception staffon a half board basis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Definetly the best hotel I have stayed in this resort as most of them are quite drab & tired 3 star hotels.
This has a grand entrance & I am pleased to say this continued to our room, which was clean & modern.
The pool area is good, with plenty of beds & jacuzzi, reception staff helpful.
The food was good with plenty of choice, unfortunately the lady waitress in charge was not so nice, very rude. But that is my only complaint with this hotel, restaurant is below ground as with many hotels so unable to take a cup of coffee to an outside table.

Room Tip: Pool view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank jordan129
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I visit Santa Susanna / Malgrat only to vist my parents so stay in Hotels locally. This year also took advantage and did some diving in Lafranc.

Always Hotel/flights/car booked separately so stay isnt part of any package Holiday. Also not interested in Hotel evening entertainment or generally what is going on in Santa Susanna/Malgrat (bars/restaurants/entertainment)

Booked over booking.com on B&B basis - Double room for Single use. By far the best deal of all offers.

Stayed 10-15th October

HOTEL
Centrally located among all the madness. Huge majority of people there were Dutch. When I arrived mostly retired people. Handful of French and Russians. At the weekend (12th October) Hotel more busy with families. Possibly half term in Holland. There were Spanish half term holidays also so some Spanish families. Also generally many teenagers around Malgrat from various sports clubs (including Danish) - Last year there was a "School kids" footbal tournament involving kids from all over europe (Holland/Germany/Spain/Denmark etc. Appeared that possibly something similar going on.

-VE/NEUTRAL
The Hotel doesn't have it's own Parking. Not really a problem as I could park a short walk away (1 minute). Only issue is that Car break-ins do occur in Santa Susanna so some may want secure parking (although most people appeared to be on Package Holidays so arrived by coach)

ROOMS
Booked a Double for Single use and ended up with a Double plus single.
+VE Rooms look like they have been modernised in recent years. Plenty of Cupboard space. Enough for 2 people for a week - 3 pushing it.

-VE - for those interested the TV is small (12 or 14"). Also to use the TV you have to get the Remote from reception (deposit required). It's a personal thing - personally like to have the news on in the morning but couldn't be bothered this time with getting the remote.

Found the room a tad cold at night. Luckily had a blanket in the room plus could use the bed cover from the single bed.

NEUTRAL - SAFE available in the room but you had to pay for it - didn't bother using it

Unfortunately suitcase wouldn't fit under the bed although there was a stand but with 2 cases (or maybe 3) would be a bit of a bulk in the room

BEDS -

+VE - Bed itself comfortable (more comfortable than the Florida Park which I found too hard)
-VE - found the pillows to be too small and a trifle hard (the pillow thing has been the norm in the last few Spanish Hotels I've stayed in)

BATHROOM

+VE - Modern Large (enough) Bathroom with large walk in shower
-VE - No Hairdryer
NEUTRAL - The toiletries consisted of small bars of soap (2 of) and 2 sachets of shower Gel. Some may feel this is inadequate

RESTAURANT

+VE

Breakfast - Generally Very Good.
Usual attempt by Spanish Hotels to cook Bacon and Sausages for Breakfast. Fried/Scrambled eggs/Hashbrowns.

Selection of Cheeses/Ham/cold meat.

Cereals

Large section of sweet stuff and good selection of fresh bread. Good selection of sliced bread for those who like non-white toast.

You could make your own cheese/ham toasties

-VE
Breakfast doesn't start until 8am. Certainly an issue for those who may have an early start whether day out or going to the Airport/leaving

ENTERTAINMENT/FACILITIES
No comment - didn't use the Hotel bar or Pools

And the But ......................

Not really the Hotel but Santa Susanna/Malgrat can be very noisy. Sometimes the bands playing in other establishments can be heard literally miles away and screaming girls coming out of nightclubs 2-4am.

One band that was playing on the Friday was unbelievably loud (it was loud half a mile away - pretty good Dire Straits though) only to find it was playing in the hotel gardens (so outdoors) directly across from my Hotel room. Did stop early though (around 11pm).

Funnily they were playing in the Indalo's gardens on the Monday but was less disturbing (as my room was on the other side) but carried on until midnight.

The Indalo is on the end of a row of Hotels with its entrance on the road and therefore IMO more susceptible to surrounding noise (although last year had disturbed sleep at the Florida Park from the continuous drone from the neighbouring Hotel's main Hotel air-conditioning units)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank NotaPigsty
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed at the Indalo Park Hotel 15th to 22nd Sept., 2013. It has a handsome, modern appearance both outside and in and every one of the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spotless and nicely furnished with an immaculate modern bathroom. This did not have a bath but a long, walk-in shower and I was surprised to find no bidet.

The swimming pool area was very pleasant with parts shaded by trees and there were two very warm jaccuzis. Entertainment was good and varied although musical competition from the frontside bar late at night created a mangle of noise which thankfully finished by midnight.

There were four of us plus a baby in pushchair but we never had trouble finding a table in the large restaurant. There was excellent choice for salad, fruit and sweet eaters but I was not so enthralled by the cooked meals at breakfast and dinner which were either under-cooked or over-cooked, although it might be the way they do it in Spain. However, I couldn't bring myself to try the bacon which was almost all fat, under-cooked and swimming in oil. There was fish, chicken and turkey at dinner, plenty of pork dishes but not much of other meats.

There is a large beach just over the road and this was not over-crowded. The sand is a nice colour, a little gritty but the beauty of that is it doesn't stick to your body. The sea is not ideal for non swimmers or unaccompanied small children as there is a sharp deep drop a few feet in.

Despite my few criticisms, I would stay at the Indalo Park again because of the wonderful ammenities and friendly, relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank onetiger
Reviewed 6 September 2013

we spent 7 days in August in the hotel and all in all we had a really good time there.The room was ok (note that you have to pay additional fee for using the Wifi/TV/Safe). The breakfast and dinner was excellent the variety was like in a 4-star hotel,absolutely perfect!!The beach is not far from hotel.What I really did not like about it was that due to the tourists there were thrash in the sand and there were many afro-american guy and asian lady who t
ried to sell products/service.It was not easy to enjoy the sea due to their continues sales activity.. For those who are planning to travel with children have to take into consideration that the hotels and streets are very noisy in santa susanna..staying at hotel indalo park could be a perfect choice for young couples!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank halococo
Reviewed 12 July 2013

OK, those of you who are looking for a 5 start accomodation for a 3 star price, may look somewhere else... here you will not find luxury and the hotel is not perfect, but it is a great place to spend some time, relax, walk to the beach or promenade, enjoy their morning and evening programs all for a very reasonable price.

My girlfriend and I just got back from a 10 day stay there and everyone in the staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. We enjoyed talking with our housecleaning lady (Rosi) who is a very nice lady and also with the restaurant staff who are always around making sure you are well served and they do make some very good recomendations.

We had breakfast and dinner included in our package, and though sometimes the restaurant buffet was packed with people, we never had any problem with it or did we miss out on anything because they might have runout of it.. in fact quite the contrary, the staff was always telling us what each of the dishes were and if we wanted more. In the morning juice, coffee, milk, milk chocolate and water are included. However, for dinner no drinks are included in the buffet which I did find a little off since they will even make you pay for watter (bottled). The "good" thing is that is you do purchase a wine bottle and you do not finish it that evening during dinner, they will mark it with your room number and they will have it waiting for you for the next dinner. We had only one glass of wine each and the bottle would last us for 3 dinners (about 9 euros the bottle). So it wasn't really that bad.

The hotel hast 3 pools, the indor pool was open, but I never saw anyone in there, it looks nice, but the place is a bit dark. The kiddie pool is outside and next to some balconies that are located on the first floor (We were very happy that our room was located on the 5th floor, I would not like to have the sound of kids playing around and screaming next to my bedroom window) and the main pool which is pretty big and deep in some areas, this pool is usually quite full of mostly people who are tanning and just goiing in for a quick jump, we quite enjoyed it. Also their service life guard Juan Carlos is a great and guy whi we also stroke some small friendship while on our time there.

Santa Susanna itself is a nice little town with not too much to see, the beaches are OK since they are not really made of fine sand and the rocks and gravel can hurt your feel after a while. The water is very clean and clear, however it get deep very fast. About 2 meters off the shore a full grown person can already be in deep water. If you travel by car (as we did) there are some amazing beaches nearby that are not full with tourists and are more of a local scene kind of place. These places are Cala Bona and Santa Cristina (google them you won't regret it) they are about 20 min away driving but the beaches there are great.. you have a good 30 mts. in the water before it starts to get deep (specialy at Sta. Cristina)

the hotel does offer complimentary parking (actually I think is more of a town complementary parking) at the back of the hotel in a big parkinglot... be ready for your car to be completly coverd in dust by the next day.

All in all we had a great time, the room's A/C unit worked perfectly. The hotel is situated in the heart of the town't promenade. Would I go back? Trick question, since I think the place (sta. Susanna) is not the best beach I've been too and I would like to visit some other places, however if I ever do go back I would def. make my reservations in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the pool/sea, however make sure that is it on the higher part of the building... they have an evening program which finishes at midnight, but it can get pretty loud so, higher is better... unless you want a "front row" seats to every show from your balcony. Also the corner rooms seem to have a bigger balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple