We spent two weeks in August 2009 in the Hotel Aquamarina, and we have to say it was a disappointment. Things we did not like:
- The water from the tap and shower was extremely chlorinated.
- The white towels were not clean, they had yellow spots.
- Cutlery and plates in the restaurant were always wet and dirty, food always very greasy and not varied.
- Reception was not helpful and not flexible at all. When we asked if we could change the room, we were asked to check out before 10am and then we will have the new room at 1pm. They could not (or rather did not want to) tell which room we could get. Even though we have not decided, the cleaning lady knocked at 9am that we are supposed to move... We did not.
- We had a room on the 5h (top) floor. The balcony is half of the ones on lower floors, and if you are sitting outside you can hardly see anything else than the concrete banister... On our last day, the hotel management decided that it was the best day to scratch the seagull guano from the roof and right onto our towels on the balcony. Hereby, we thank you again!
The only good thing is the location. The sea is 5mins while the train station towards Barcelona is about 8mins away. To sum up, the hotel has no atmosphere, and it does not even try to create one. We will never come back and will certainly not recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An uniquely constructed hotel situated in the middle of the Santa Susanna promenade facing the sea and just 150 meters from the beach. A very spacious layout where you can enjoy our extensive range of services which include: restaurants, bars, night club and sports and leisure facilities which will make you feel looked after and catered for. Let your children enjoy our kids club and children´s playground. As well as this, our younger guests can enjoy our games room and the sports facilities already mentioned. You can stroll along the wide promenade, have a tasty drink or cocktail on the terrace, be entertained by the nightly show at the Festival Bar, enjoy a good pizza in pizzeria "Il Veneziano”, or enjoy new specialities in our newly opened restaurant "La Brasserie"...Aquamarina can also offer: Aqua Hotel commercial area (shops, supermarket, hairdresser, cash machine), indoor garage and outdoor parking. All the ingredients for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aqua Hotel Aquamarina & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Hotel Santa Susana
- Aqua Hotel Aquamarina & Spa Spain/Santa Susanna