“where is the entertainment”
Review of Hotel Mercury

Hotel Mercury
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Santa Susanna
Reviewed 1 June 2014

my father and i stayed at the mercury from 24th may 2014 to the 31st may 2014, when we arrived booked in recetion staff hardly spoke a word just grunted a little and expected us to be mind readers on what he wanted us to do . meal times was like feeding time at the zoo getting pushed and shoved by the spanish who will not stand in a que for anyone . the entertainment was none to be seen and wasnt asked once to take part in any thing . that is the odd game of darts .the entertainmet board had bingo bands but all we seemed to get was kiddy time then a type of disco and that was it for a week .oh sorry a parrot show .on the allinclusice i asked for a cocktail but was tod i had to pay ,ive been to many allinclusives and these are always free with ther local spirits .the cleaner was the only person pleasant .i would not rate this hotel as 4 star nto even a 3 so disapointed.

Room Tip: if you like a holiday with a little entertainment do go there
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and i stayed here for our 25th wedding anniversary in May . We were looking for a quiet , relaxing holiday in nice surroundings with good food and drink and thats exactly what we got. From checking in we found all the staff to be polite , friendly and helpful . Our use of the Spanish language is limited to say the least but thankfully their understanding of English was very good .We stayed on an all inclusive basis . Meal times were super with such a wide range of food and drink on offer to suit all tastes . The resturant and bar staff were superb , constantly working to keep the rooms looking tidy ,fresh and clean. The bedrooms are basic but were mopped and cleaned every day , beds made etc . The evening entertainment was quite samey but if a livelier time is required its just a short walk away . The location of the hotel was great , close to the beach and the weekly market . The walk along the boulevard is pleasant . Clean, tidy with some quiet exclusive shops and nice cafes . The pool was off limits on our last day due to filming of a commercial but notices were put up 3 days in advance with appologies for inconvenience so plenty of time to make other arrangements. Maybe not the hotel for a party crowd but for a quiet , relaxing break it suited us fine

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool area look best
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john s
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hotel is well presented and location is nice.However the food is awful,upset stomach first few nights and diarrhoea so we decided to eat out the rest of the days.The breakfast is ok but I wouldn't go half board here again,waist of money.you can find surrounding restaurants that serve nice food,average 10euros per person including drinks.The other thing that ruined this holiday is the noise!!Oh my God the slamming of doors and shouting late into 1am most nights!!You can hear everything!!Be clever and read all reviews before you book!!Its tempting because of price but depends if you are in for all the trouble.we aren't coming ever again!!Good luck.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for 5 days end of May 2014. I thought the food and drinks on the all inclusive option were actually very good. Always a decent choice of food and the drink quality was better than some all inclusives I have been to. Dining room staff were very nice and the bar staff were too. (I think a wee tip now and again even if you are AI helps to get a smile from bar staff) .Rooms were basic Spanish hotel rooms, although they were very clean and beds were comfy and bedding nice and new and clean. Staff on reception desk were very rude, ignoring us mid conversation to attend to a very loud Spanish person who was demanding attention! Evening entertainment was shocking - same music track played every night for elderly spanish people to tango to or kids to run around dance floor to. Didnt like being on the other side of the railway track from the beach and it is about a 20 to 30 minute walk to bars, restaurants etc, although it is quite a nice walk along the new boulevard. We arrived at 10.30 at night and there was no food for us and all the local restaurants had closed for the night. OK if you want a quiet break for a few days but not a place for party animals!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 120Gerry
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went for a short break and was very disappointed in the standard of this hotel. I agree with everything Virve R has written previously. I must have stayed there the same time, Unhelpful reception staff who don't seem interested. The dining rooms were like works canteens, plastic chairs and tables and the food barley warm.
We also only found out about the pool area being shut for the filming of a commercial from a notice stuck to a door, not only were we not allowed to go near the pool but I got ordered of my balcony as I was in the way. When I complained at reception all I got was a shrug of the shoulders.
Again as Virve R states go to the Caprici Verde next door

Room Tip: Pool side is good gets most of the sun and has sea views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buster561
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I literally have just got back from this hotel,but have been so outraged by the lack of customer care I felt that I needed to write this review almost instantly from landing !

On arrival (we got there 1 am and was more than ready to just get straight to bed) there was no one to greet us at reception,I was knocking on several office doors and couldn't help but notice several passports was left on reception desk unattended (belonging to guests) we waited at least 10 minutes until the receptionist turned up with a bag of food so it was apparent he had left the deskunattended to go get food. We was then told we had to pay a VAT charge on arrival which I'm not sure why but we reluctantly paid as we was more than ready to just get into our rooms. Infact he charged us for 7 nights worth of vat when we only stayed 5.
During our stay they was shooting a commercial/advert where we was not allowed to use the pool all day which we recieved no prior warning before us booking only a sign at reception on arrival and no offer of using an alternative hotel pool
It turned out to be the hottest day of the holiday which made it even more frustrating because we was banished to one end of the outside area,and I watched several people being reprimanded by the advert director for walking past or near the filming, including children who was not even allowed to play in the field beside the hotel for fear of 'getting In the shot'
All inclusive was supposed to include use of buffets and food/drink at the bar,so we did not go to the lunch buffet that day because we was under the impression that we could order food at the bar however when I went to the bar I was told that they was too busy cooking for the production team and couldn't make any food for guests until further notice !
After trying to take up this matter with reception staff several times,I was really frustrated and it most certainly put a downer on my holiday
I was told by reception staff that the manager was not in to deal with my complaint however when I returned 2 minutes later he was talking outside his office to his staff so obviously I had been lied to.
After eventually getting the manager to talk to me he accepted no liability,infact he told me that had I come back to reception more than the 3 times that I did that day then maybe j could had been given access to another hotel -obviously not understanding the irony that it is there job to inform the guests of any current situations not for us to chase them down

I had no apology and no attempt of rectifying this situation as I feel that I have paid for 5 days of all inclusive and only received 4 days of this.

The food in the buffet I have to say was not of any decent standard,and if you don't eat fish or pork you probably will be eating nothing other than the bread

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Chantelglitter
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our first visit to Spain and we happened to stay in this lovely hotel in Santa Susanna being booked by our Sports Tour organizer.

Location: One of the Best location this hotel has, right outside the hotel starts the local market and once you cross over there is a Train Station in front of it.

Rooms; Sufficient enough for you to walk around. as we were out most of the day on football
activities but we enjoyed. beds comfortable, shower was also good.

Food: As this was a Indian School kids Group we had some food problems initially. but all thanks to the Restaurant manager they were able to help us with providing some food options of our choice. They helped us in all possible way as possible from their side.

Reception Staff were also helpful time to time when we needed some information.

All in all it was a good experience staying at this hotel.

Would definetly visit again when got a chance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business