All reviews swimming pool poffertjes library netherlands dish sea bikes dunes beach rent
Reviewed 30 January 2016

Stayd here for 3 days/2 nights. Nice hotel with friendly staff. Clean rooms, great choice for breakfast. The Spa shares the swimming pool with the hotel. Spa isn't too big but seemed rather new and very clean! Great attendance from the Spa-staff.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

We stayed two nights in this family hotel, which combines luxury with Dutch pragmatism. Rooms contain everything you need, including a balcony with seaside() coffee, tea, etc.
Breakfast is great, many choices, the kids loved the 'Poffertjes'.
Definitely come back again!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Spent 3 days here with our kids and grandkids and had a great time. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff are extremely friendly. It was our granddaughters second birthday and we wanted to invite some friends. The staff were extremely helpful and decorated the library so we could celebrate her birthday there. Breakfast is very good - fresh orange juice! Dinner in the restaurant was good, but the portions are not big. Also had lunch at the hotel restaurant on the beach - extremely friendly service!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank sandyLimassol
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

I choose this hotel which is less than 3 hours away from our home to celebrate my wife's 70th birthday. I ordered a nice bunch of flowers to be placed in the room and booked in the restaurant for dinner. No recognition was shown to my wife's Birthday at dinner but of course they do not have to.
We went to this hotel for three days as we wanted to "tank up" with fresh air and do some bike riding.
We ordered the bikes and was told to collect them at the back of the hotel although it seemed the young man had time to take us there and to ensure everything was OK
At breakfast we saw very old people with " "walkers"
struggling to get their breakfast from the buffet and although there was enough staff there, nobody seemed to help them.
We booked from Sunday to Tuesday and we planned to leave Domburg in the afternoon on the Tuesday. So when checking out we asked the hotel that we wanted to hire two bikes until about 3.00 pm
and we're told that as we had checked out we had to hire the bikes in the village although there was enough bikes there. I was told this is company policy.
Why go for three days if you cannot hire a bike on the third day although you are staying at the hotel.
What a terrible attitude. What terrible service! This hotel will never see us again!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John H
Reviewed 3 December 2014

I don't know about the other hotels in Domburg, but they'll have to be very good indeed to improve on this hotel. Superb location : close to the beach, at the entrance of the village, near the dunes and right on top of nice walking and biking routes.
Rooms are very nice and - as always in Holland - squeaky clean. Staff is friendly and professional. Breakfast was 5star level, with bubbles.

The hotel wants to change the wellness area, which is to me a bit strange. The wellness area is very well equipped, very clean and to my eye isn't in need of a renewal. But I guess management knows why. Anyway, I thought the wellness area to be very good.

Two lesser points : you have to pay for parking your car at the hotel parking lot and we didn't know this. And you don't have a sea view from the rooms.

no see view