“Enchanting”

Ranked #1 of 11 Mustafapasa B&B and Inns
Stillwater, Oklahoma
“Enchanting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is a much dated review as I was there three years ago. My wife and I were participants of a Rick Steves tour through Turkey which stayed at the Old Greek House. We stayed here three nights. Our room was upstairs just off the banquet room. The room was enchanting with tall, tall ceilings, plush turkish carpets, and furnishings. The room was the most beautiful I had ever stayed in and very comfortable. I fell in love with the atmosphere, the wonderful owners, and their assistants. The food was marvelous. I hope to someday stay there again.

Room Tip: Any would be fine. Please not that the question when did you travel is erroneous, that was the late...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at Old Greek House in Sept 2012. Loved it! Loved the architecture, especially from the interior and the patios. Our room was quite luxurious by Turkish standards. It was very large, with two sections: a sleeping area and a separate sitting/lounging area. Wonderful old wood floors. Very pleasant lighting. There was a desk for my laptop. The bed was very large and awesomely comfortable, with warm puffy blanket and comforter and good pillows. Our room was in the back of the building. The windows on the back side overlooked a vegetable garden where fresh produce is harvested for the restaurant. Uber groovy! The bathroom was again quite luxurious.
When we return to Cappadocia with our (now adult) kids, we hope to book rooms at the Old Greek House again.
The food and wine in the restaurant was excellent, although it seemed a bit pricy to me.

Room Tip: I wish I could remember the name of our room! It was on the 2nd floor in the back overlooking the ga...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Everything about our experience here was perfect. My dad and I were traveling together and arrived in Kayseri late an uncle picked us up at the airport. When we arrived the hotel the whole family greeted us. They provided an excellent meal and conversation with the father. We felt like part of the family. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. All of the meals were delicious traditional Turkish meals prepared by the mother. We ate on the upstairs terrace for breakfast and in the inside courtyard. One of the cousins asked if we would like music, we said yes and he sat with us, played his Saz and sang beautifully. The town was a quiet traditional town. We look a lovely hike nearby and were able to see the rock formations and cave homes that Cappadocia is famous for. You may also want to rent a car (they can help you with this if you like) if you want to tour the larger surrounding area such as Goreme Open Air Museum and Pigeon Valley which I recommend. I really hated to leave.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Montalla
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed in the Old Greek House for 3 days, ground floor room. The staff are wonderfully helpful, and Papa dropped by to chat and give us the history of the place. Mom's meals were superb, beginning with a great breakfast and finishing in the evening with the best rice pudding I have had.
Wifi is spotty in places but that is the only negative. Loved the upper deck and free use of the clothesline ! All in all a great place.

Room Tip: Top rooms are quieter if the restaurant is busy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Old Greek House for 3 nights with a Rick Steves tour. Our room was just off the inside courtyard that houses the restaurant area. The barrel-vaulted stone ceiling of the room was awesome.

The peaceful village of Mustafapasa with its' 1,500 population was such a treat after bustling Istanbul and Ankara. Small restaurants and wonderful small shops with friendly owners. Tourist-oriented, but not touristy. Convenient to all the sights in Cappadocia.

This would be the perfect place to spend at least a week.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roger H
plymouth, wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

My friend and I stayed here with a Rick Steves' Tour in mid May and were swept off our feet from the moment we entered to the moment we left. The setting is idyllic, unpretentious yet fit for the stars. Our room was on the first floor off of the lobby and spacious with a large adjoining bathroom. Beds very comfortable. Our first meal upstairs was scrumptious with homemade falafel, a lamb stew and other delicious sides. The breakfasts were AMAZING with the most memorable being the rose water jam/jelly. The second night we enjoyed live music and my only sadness is that it didn't last longer. I'm not much of a dancer but even I was wooed to the dance floor by the intoxicating music. One of the young men who works there, Edrem I believe his name is, was so sweet to talk with my friend Danielle and I on the first night. He put up with our attempts to speak in Turkish and, admittedly, we swooned a bit over his handsome features, made sweeter by his demeanor. I can't recommend this place highly enough. Sweet sweet memories.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

I'm here right now and the service, view and food are fantastic! I highly recommend a visit here! I tried the stuffed grape leaves and they were delicious! I sat on the rooftop and listened to the birds and the call to prayer.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Susan L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mustafapasa
Cappadocia Estates Hotel
Yusuf Yigitoglu Konagi
Yusuf Yigitoglu Konagi
#35 of 66 in Urgup
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia

Been to Old Greek House Restaurant and Hotel? Share your experiences!