All reviews nice hotel ferry terminal lunch service two nights breakfast is served terrace istanbul island poolside escape
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were fortunate enough to visit this hotel as part of a business conference in June 2014. The hotel was very nice with good rooms, excellent food and great service. A conference member need a gluten free diet, the chef cooked individual meals specifically for her. The staff were very friendly and gave a very personal service. During the visit I lost my phone and they spent time helping me to find it, sadly we couldn't and when I tried to buy a new one a local who was known to the hotel staff absconded with my cash. the hotel took responsibility and returned my money to me and went to find the person themselves. They didn't have to do that. Truly excellent service....

Hotel M, Manager at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Probos,

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your nice comment.

We hope to see you again for holiday this time maybe.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

What a gem.
Small friendly hotel , with a great swimming pool. Much welcomed after 4 days sight seeing in Istanbul. Sauna available although not used by us.
Hotel and pool well maintained, comfortable bed room 303 , overlooking the street from the balcony. Nice to sit and watch the world go by with no stress. Breakfast good varied and plentiful.
Staff very helpful and attentive, Murat and Muge thanks for advice getting to airport from kabatas.
Great place hope to return some day.

Room Tip: Balcony room overlooking street good choice. 303.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Lesley W117ö

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your nice comment about Ascot Hotel Buyukada.

We would like to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a great little place to stay on the fabulous Buyukada Island

Staff: Turkish hospitality at its best. The staff at the Ascot Hotel are friendly and helpful. I was there on a business trip and the staff took the time to learn my and always referred to me by name whenever they saw me. That's truly a personal touch. They also went out of their way to comply with our every whim.

The hotel: It's a small boutique hotel that is off the main drag so really not as noisy. It's a quick 10 minute walk from the ferry and the many restaurants along the seafront. It has a pool, breakfast / lunch terrace and a conference room which is well air-conditioned and even though it was next to the pool, it was quiet and a great place to have meetings.
The rooms themselves are quite small, but the view and terrace, certainly made for a pleasant stay.

The food: The breakfast was good and plentiful and the organized lunches served were generous portions and very tasty.

Room Tip: The rooms on a higher floor with a terrace are definitely the ones to go for - great view and quieter.

Dear Mia P,

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your nice comment.

We hope to see you again in Ascot Hotel

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had our annual sales conference at the Ascot Hotel. From the first welcome beer to the last escorted trip to the ferry - it was pleasure. The hotel is set back from the busy waterfront - on a road that has the clip-clop of horses hooves. The rooms were all reasonable size - mine was at the back (room 301) over looking the pool and away from the road. The service was excellent - breakfast was plentiful and lots of fresh fruit. The conference room was well appointed - held 15 people with ease and aircons kept a good temperature. I'd highly recommend the hotel as a 'hide-away' conference venue - off the beaten path but not lacking in any of the elements that make it a memorable week. Of course then there is the Mango Cafe... just down the road...

Room Tip: The lift takes a while - so although my room was on the 3rd floor - I used the stairs...

Dear Michael W,

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your kind comment. We hope to welcome you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at the Ascot for three nights. We liked it very much. The hotel is pretty, the rooms are clean and very comfortable, and the staff was wonderful. One of the best things was the pool--great way to cool off after biking around the island, though every time we went swimming we saw birds come put their heads in for a drink and the area around the pool was a little dirty. That said, the water was very clean and was refreshing. We really enjoyed our breakfast on the veranda, overlooking the streets where the horse carts line up waiting for customers. With horses come the odor of horses, but it wasn't too strong. The hotel is near to the ferry but not so near that it was noisy. The hotel manager and his staff went out of their way to help us and make us feel at home.

Room Tip: Our room was at the pool and veranda level where breakfast was served, located at the side of the hotel. I asked for a room higher up with a view, but none were available. We ended up being quite happy with our room cause of its easy access to pool and veranda. The toilet smelled --I asked the staff about it and they thought it had to due with some plumbing problem, so maybe they fixed it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travis A

Dear Travis A,

First of all I would like to thank you for your nice comment on Ascot Buyukada. Regarding the plumbing problem, I am taking all the necessary actions to solve the problem.