“Exactly how it should be..”
Review of White Palace Otel

White Palace Otel
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Buyukada
Antalya
“Exactly how it should be..”
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Small and very picturesque. Interior design is very warm and charming. Had a warm and very welcoming greeting. All staff is very helpful. Hotel's overall and room cleaning is very good. Breakfast was delicious, fast served and fresh. I would recommend without any doubts.

Location is central but not noisy.

• Stayed May 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I was a bit disappointed with this hotel. I emailed to ask how to get there and was sent a helpful map, the hotel also said they would 'meet and greet' at the ferry terminal. I advised which ferry I would be on, but nobody came to meet me. I found the Gala without too much trouble, but was not made to feel welcome. The young woman who showed me my room watched me struggle up two flights of stairs with my bags without offering to help (I am almost 60, with an arthritic hip). I asked for a glass of wine, which took over 20 minutes and several reminders to arrive. The website offers an evening meal for 15EUR, but I was told only a sandwich was available. When I asked for a restaurant recommendation, the staff just shrugged and directed me to the harbour, saying 'all the restaurants are the same'. I have stayed at many places in Turkey, but never felt so unwelcome. The room was nice (tiny bathroom), the terrace had good views, breakfast was fine, though I have had much better in other Turkish hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank traveller1225
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My cousin and I had made the journey from London and after a long plane ride followed by the boat trip out at the crack of dawn we were ready to nap a few hours.. Yeah right!! As soon as we stepped foot on this majestic island the beautiful bougainvillea tree lined streets, exotic bird sounds and horse drawn carriages had us wandering around for hours... Truly, an experience that takes you back in time. After a day of exploring, reaching Gala hotel was a great relief, welcomed by a bright and airy foyer, beautifully presented. The hotel is only a few minutes walk away from town, a perfect location. Rooms are very clean and we had a lovely balcony that at night took in the gorgeous orange sunsets. The bathroom is very crampy and small but that's the only complaint and I would stay back at gala even with that slight inconvenience. The breakfast was my favourite through out all my European trip. We had a generous spread of food to choose from and the pitas and beautiful sweet savoury's are something I still crave! I wouldn't hesitate recommending this boutique hotel. It was a great base for our 2 night stay.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank KatrinaOnTravels
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Excellent little hotel just outside the main village, about three minutes walking. The hotel is well designed and rather charming. Our room (superior something), had a nice balcony with a table and two chairs. The bathroom, however, was really small. Breakfast is rather nice, though nothing too special.

• Stayed April 2013
london
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We have just spent three nights at the Gala Hotel, and I would concur with existing reviews - this place is as clean and spotless as it looks in the pictures. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, even putting together a selection from the impressive breakfast buffet (some lovely boreks and savoury pastries alongside the usual Turkish fare) for us to take when leaving early this morning.

This represents excellent value. The bathroom in our deluxe room was very small, and noise does travel a bit in the building, but the shower was hot, and the superb breakfast and handy location (5 mins from main square) more than compensates.

Buyukada out of season is a curious place (although, by the sounds of it, better than the height of summer) but we enjoyed exploring the islands. This hotel was a very good base from which to do so.

Room Tip: Front facing deluxe rooms have a nice terrace. You overlook Cankaya caddesi. Seagull noise is inevit...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Madrid
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This little whitewooden hotel was great in general.Very friendly staff, great room(stayed in deluxe)intimate atmosphere,great turkish breakfast,quiet area.downside?the small bathroom, still good enoug

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Xik H
Par, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2012

very nice hotel clean ,very helpful staff rooms small but clean sheets and towels changed every day .
rooms of the first floor at the front have better balconys than the other floors
Breakfast very good plenty of choice

Room Tip: front of the hotel on the first floor have a better balcony
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple