“Recommendable for the atmosphere, location and cleanliness”

Ada Palas Buyukada Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Buyukada
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Ada Palas Butik Otel is at less than 100 meter from the Waterfront, in a quiet street, yet near shops and different kinds of restaurants.
The hotel has 12 standard size clean rooms, with a high ceiling. The rooms on the ground floor have a view on the walled garden only; ours was on the highest floor, and we could look into the street and see daily life take its course. Please note that the surrounding buildings simply avoid any of this hotel's rooms from having seaview.
Hotel restaurant in the garden, its roof and windows can be removed when the weather is nice. Breakfast is served per person: fresh items nicely displayed on a plate. Everything was tastefull, however, we stayed 4 nights and we would have appreciated more variation in breakfast over the days.
The staff is nice and the approach is personal; the front desk agent walked to the ferry to help us with the Luggage and show the way, sympathetic owners invited us via SMS to come and taste their homemade pastry, and Sahlep in the garden restaurant. Our fellow guests were mainly young modern Turkish couples.
Büyükada is at a 1,5 hour nice ferry trip from Bakatas station, Istanbul. Turkish families come, take a horse cart up the hill, enjoy the view, the good food, the quiet and the clean air. There are many restaurants, but the Island still has an authentic feel about it.

Room Tip: The more expensive rooms are on the second floor and they provide view of the Streets. Don't exp...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
onur k, Yönetici at Ada Palas Buyukada Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2015

Dear Guest,

your interest in our Hotel and for your kind comments on you personally and on behalf of my team, I would like to say thank you.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is a great hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpfull. A quaint little garden behind the the hotel provides a great location to relax or have an excellent breakfast, The only complaint would be the lack of adequate soundproofing between the rooms. Other than that this is a very nice hotel tucked away on a quiet street.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PHMLByyc

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for a short vacation with my family. It is simply the best hotel on the Island. They have great staff which makes you feel at your home.Good breakfast will make you start the day with full power and its small garden is a great relaxing place. If you are planning to stay in Buyukada, this hotel should be your destination.

Room Tip: This is an old traditional small Palace which has been turned into a hotel. Since the origin is an o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I went to this hotel with very high expectations and maybe that is why I was a little disappointed. The room and the bed were comfortable but the rooms were furnished in a funny style. Pine ceilings made it seem like a mountain cottage but gilded mirrors in the bathroom and the wallpaper with big flowers turned it into a palatial style. I found it too eclectic. The rooms in lower floors have low ceilings which I didn't like.

The breakfast is served in the nice garden and is very rich, too rich if you don't want to gain weight.

The price is very high compared to other similar hotels. It is nice but if I go there next time, I would stay in another nice but more reasonably priced hotel.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We can recommend this hotel for a peaceful, comfortable stay. Our room was lovely, tastefully furnished with a very comfortable bed and an excellent bathroom. it was also very clean. The breakfast was excellent - more than we could eat and the welcome and attention from the staff was perfect.

Room Tip: We chose a room that was one step up from the regular lowest price and did not regret it, though I...

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We spent two nights at the Ada Palas which has recently been renovated and was originally a school. It's an absolutely beautiful building, with the highest ceilings ever in our room and fantastic decor. Loved the touchpad lightswitches too!

Staff really nice and friendly, garden really peaceful and a great place to relax in. The food was great too and there was certainly lots of it. Really nice touch was that one morning after breakfast while we were chatting with some other guests the waitress just brought us over some fresh orange juice - lovely touch. She also coped really well with my demands for boiling water and cold milk for my tea!

Location is a little bit tucked away, but thought this was a real bonus as much quieter and off the tourist track.

Beautiful island and a great place to escape to from the hustle and bustle of Istanbul or as a chill before hand.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Great welcome, very friendly and cheerful staff, modern, clean and enough big rooms, wonderful garden, perfect breakfast. Every moment, you feel like at home. Ask for dinner advice, renting bike and other activities in Island, Staff and the owner of the hotel is very helpful and friendly. Garden is perfect and so romantic in the night. Location is great, very close to all restaurants, cafes and other attractions in Island.

Room Tip: Hotel has 3 floors and on every floor there're 4 rooms. Advice rooms located at down and upstair...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel