“Good advice”

Lewisville, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good advice”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My review is for the island itself. After getting off the ferry, on this island, my friend and I walked to the left, where there were a line of restaurants after which, a stretch of beach with large rocks. There wasn't any sand but there were some locals in the water and out, sitting on chairs. I thought the water gently streaming over the boulders was quite beautiful and this is where I wanted to swim. The gentleman I was with thought it looked "dangerous" and didn't want to swim here. We backtracked and decided to walk across the island hoping to find a beach. Lots of horse drawn carriages traveled along this route and the stench is terrible but I really found the views and houses to be worth the discomfort. It was a really hot day and I soon nixed the idea after about a mile of uphill walking in the heat and humidity. We walked back down and turned left, the opposite direction of the large rocks and restaurants. We got bombarded by "beach clubs" showing the brochures and decided on the club with the only "sand beach". The price was 60tl for 2 and we got on a boat for about 15 minutes. As soon as I saw this club, I was so disillusioned. Nasty green astroturf type covering on the ground. Chairs packed in. Kids everywhere. A small beach. Water was cool. That's the best thing I can say. The view looking away from the beach was fair. Do yourself a favor and do not pay for the beach clubs. Bring a cooler and a couple lounge chairs, walk left to the water with the boulders and sit among the locals and swim. If you are timid about water, this probably won't be for you. I love swimming. The water wasn't rough on that day. I am more into "natural type" swimming areas. If you have young children, this plan isn't for you. Go to a beach club with the floating slides.

Visited August 2014
9 Thank danajoym

• Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not worth the stop, don't bother”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I highly advise missing this awful trap. We stopped along our hot bike ride to take a swim. At the top of the roof, before going down to the beach, we were told that the price was 30 lira for two people plus 6 lira to park our bikes by the road (which is ridiculous). After we made the steep trek 300m down a poorly kept and dangerous trail, the restaurant owner loudly argued that we owed him 40 lira for two people when we tried to pay him for the pre arranged price of 30 lira. After poor communications, we lamented and paid the increased fee. When trying to relax by the stone covered beach, the owner forced menus on us and was overly aggressive in trying to get us to order, on one occasion physically escorting me to the bar to show me the pictures of food. When we left, he gave us the Turkish version of the middle finger. He did not know that I speak Turkish either and was calling Russian customers very bad names on his way back from serving them. I highly advise against going here.

Visited July 2014