Open today: 11:00 - 17:30
Review Highlights
Vintage cinema viewing in amazing location

BarbsPudde
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
via mobile
Something different

Bronwyn W
via mobile

All reviews information boards worth a visit local history car park small cafe garden centre entrance fee down the road national trust members coffee shop west wycombe park interesting place groupon voucher interesting visit high wycombe an adult cake
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We booked the party package for my daughter’s 9th birthday. It was truly amazing. The children were greeted by the actors dressed as witches and wizards and they were taken through the caves to take part in broomstick races, spell making and potion class. The whole time the children were totally captivated by the actors, the role play and their props. At the end of the session we came out to the ‘banqueting hall’ and an amazing table of food was laid out including excellent provision for a child who is gluten free. The actors continued to entertain and engage all the children throughout the meal. At the end a very generous party bag was given to each child and a special one for my daughter as it was her birthday.

To Jack and your colleagues - you have totally made my daughter’s birthday the most special ever. Thank you so much for keeping the magic of witches and wizards very much alive.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

So as Caves go it’s pretty basic, more like one cave and some long tunnels. However for a local attraction and when you start to understand the history it’s pretty interesting and cool how they’ve set it up. West Wycombe is a great little village and if you go in the summer when the House and Park are open it’s well worth a day out in the ChilternRail countryside.

1  Thank BarbsPudde
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The Hell-fire Caves are an attraction that whilst probably not the most riveting for little ones, it has some interesting information about the caves and local area. This is the second time we have visited, this time with visiting family. It was nice to see it all decorated for Halloween for a change. I definitely think it’s worth a visit if you are in the area. The surrounding village is lovely with some nice shops. The visit to the caves will only take about 1/2 to 3/4’s of an hour so you can take a wander up the hill to see the views from the top. With free parking available you can spend your time seeing other local sights too if you wish.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

So have heard a lot about hell fire caves over the years and always wondered what it was like. So this weekend, one of the only weekends I’m off for both days we thought we would visit, me, my husband, my daughter and her boyfriend.
Read up on the website about it, noticed dates could have been updated as still showing last years.
So we arrive and collected our admission tokens, after a short walk around I couldn’t help but feel very underwhelmed by it all to honest. It was a very short walk, read all the notice boards and still was out and done within half an hour. Then took a walk up to the church on the top of the hill, as we had spent an hour getting to the caves I wasn’t going to come home again after 30mins in the attraction we had come to see. Lovely views from the top of the hill, could see for miles.

Reviewed 1 week ago

It was an interesting and unusual experience and I'm glad we stopped by it but I would have been annoyed if we had planned a day out specifically for the caves. We were in and out within 30 minutes. Not much to do there and the parking was awful but it was an experience.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with my husband on one of the recent Fright Nights and we were thoroughly entertained! Quite expensive but in theory you could spend as long as you want in the caves. The scarers are very good and really can be quite creepy. Food and drink for sale afterwards; car parking is a short walk away.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

These man made 19 century caves are worth a look quite are quite large with lot of tunnels at odd angles with a few information board on the attraction and some spooky model in alcoves in enjoyable but somehow I feel it could be made more of.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Not worth going to one of the Halloween nights for £10. I imagine very similar to an ordinary tour, except this was with people jumping out at you, and you can’t learn what the place is really about.

Nice staff and suitable maybe if you have kids who’d enjoy it.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Interesting place, surprised by the length of the caves, originally used for extracting chalk for the building of roads. The week of our visit was the run up to Halloween, so you can imagine all the excited children about. Be aware though mind your head the caves are low in places. All in all a pleasant place to visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took my 8yo daughter to the caves yesterday for Halloween witches workshop, she told me it was really great making potions, werewolves banishing & broomstick racing.

The only negative was it was a little unorganised as the kids weren’t called forward when it was time to start after being checked in, we were told we would be called forward and were not. Apart from that thanks for the great day.

Ps the cafe offered great menu & options for the adults to chill and wait for the kids