“Great breakfast”

Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Porthleven
Price range: US$8 - US$38
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, British
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Located within the picturesque harbour of Porthleven, open from 10 am for Breakfast, lunch & dinner. Recently featured in 'The Times' for top places for Breakfast! Extensive Fish Board, locally sourced from the harbour, excellent Cornish meats selected by our butchers from The Lizard, wonderful vegetarian dishes and all produced in house by our fabulous chef, stunning selection of cakes & yummy things!
Helston, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Seadrift has been recommended to me on several occasions but because there are a few decent restaurants in Porthleven I hadn't managed to get there until today. The reason we ended up there this morning is because Seadrift is open at breakfast time and the others aren't. I should have listened! This is a real find, although clearly others have already found it - it was buzzing. My wife and I had a couple of full English breakfasts and they were probably the best I've had - full of flavour and not swimming in fat. Even the hot chocolate had more flavour than any that I can remember. Service was quick and friendly, the room is lovely and the food beyond reproach. Well definitely be back.

I have to admit to having been guilty of judging a book by its cover here. It looks more 'cafe' rather than 'restaurant' and this might previously have put me of choosing it as a dinner venue. However, having been in there I have completely changed my opinion. There was a board boasting some lovely looking fish and seafood dishes and, given the experience outlined above, I will definitely try for dinner next time.

• Visited April 2014

Oxford
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We've diner here many times but haven't reviewed it as we wanted to keep it quiet. The time has come to reveal all. This place is amazing. The food is exquisite. The service is impeccable. The cafe is spotless. I'd happily eat here every night for the rest of my life! And the meringues..................

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Georgie1970
London, United Kingdom
“Expensive but good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Looks nothing from the outside but don't be put off...lovely food but a tad pricey especially as veg is extra. Try the Turkish delight ice cream, it's delicious.

Visited March 2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Breakfast was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Went here for breakfast and we were glad we did as it was brilliant. Really friendly service too. The place filled up after we arrived. Got to read the papers too. Great value for money.

• Visited March 2014
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Great ambience spotlessly clean best food in Cornwall. Best service in Cornwall. Excellent value for money. We shall return again and again.