“New management!!”

Ranked #18 of 25 Restaurants in Porthleven
Price range: US$6 - US$64
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Welcome to Number Twelve, an exquisite artisan purveyor in the beautiful fishing village of Porthleven. We know everything there is to know about the local area, the local pubs and restaurants are our strong point. With a vast knowledge of cheese and charcuterie to wine and champagne, we can advise you on the best quality seasonal produce to buy at the optimum time.
Darlington, United Kingdom
“New management!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Thank goodness that 'The Deli', Porthleven has come back to life! Simple changes have recreated the slightly lost feeling of recent days and a homely and caring staff are returning the outlet to a restaurant that is pleasing and a pleasure to visit! Well done.

Visited March 2014

cornwall
“Regular customers, but staff sometimes a little lack-lustre”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Pizzas here are generally good, so we use The Deli about once a month for a biggish order. But I wish the staff would be a little more friendly and smiley. Maybe I expect too much, but a little engagement would go a long way. I'm not talking grovelling behaviour.... just smiles and a hello and goodbye. That said, we'll keep using the Deli because no one else does fresh pizzas locally.

• Visited February 2014
“Lovely place.”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

We are never disappointed, all food fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. Lovely to sit inside or grab a take-away. Staff always friendly. We recommend to all.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank WHV1
penzance
“Excellent food, indifferent service”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We are fairly regular visitors and regard all the food superb and very good value. However, the staff need a lesson in how to engage with customers Although they are polite, they do not give out any welcome and look and act to be totally bored. The body language is appalling (and not particularly hygienic either ) and very off putting. There are plenty of other places to eat in Porthleven ( try the little cafe a few doors down towards the harbour if you want a friendly welcome and the best value anywhere).
If this place doesn't get more welcoming, they will be in trouble.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Maureen E
London, United Kingdom
“Good sandwiches, rude staff.”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Based on food this would be 4 stars. But as much as I would like to base it on the food, I just can't - because of one particular member of staff. On their website it says lunch is served from 9.15. So we get up and in the car to pick up some sandwiches. We get there at 10.05 and order, but they don't start serving lunch food till 10.30. Why state on your website a earlier time then? We've made the drive here, so say we will wait. In return we got given a look as if this was the biggest inconvenience ever. So we waited. 10.30 came and went. We wasn't sure if we could order or not - the lady didn't call us over and say 'Thanks for waiting, what would you like?'. Nothing. So we go ask 'Is it ok to order now?' with smiles on our faces. She rolls her eyes, grabs a notepad and writes down what we want - I asked a question, she couldn't even look at me to answer me, rolls her eyes again then tells us it will be a while because she's not ready. If it wasn't for my boyfriend really wanting to eat here, I would have just walked out and not got the sandwich. In fact, I did walk out and left him to pay. I'm not rude and I don't expect people to be rude back to me. I understand you might be busy, so just explain and all will be cool. What makes it weirder is that I heard her being polite to a local. So maybe as a visitor to your lovely village (as one who might not return for a while) we don't deserve the same respect.

The sad part is our sandwiches were good. Really good. My tuna melt was the best I've ever had and it was a really good price at £12 for two sandwiches and drinks. But would I go back while on holiday here? Nope.

• Visited November 2013