“A lovely cafe”
Review of Courtyard Cafe

Courtyard Cafe
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Cark
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was attending the SSAFA Forces Help fun run. My husband and I called into the coffee at first for a cup of tea. The cakes looked amazing but I as I was working did not have time to sample them.
On finishing work we had a late lunch - The Leek and Potato soup with crusty bread was excellent and dairy free. It is a pleasant place to have some food. Great customer service and very good value.
A great place to visit and you do not have to park for parking.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We took my elderly nan out for morning coffee and cakes on Mothering Sunday and were not disappointed. The cakes were huge and absolutely delicious! I decided to take her back during the week for lunch as we had enjoyed it so much. I had soup and a sandwich which was, again, very tasty, but my poor old nan had a jacket potato that looked more like a shrivelled prune and a slice of quiche which was clearly not freshly baked. Perhaps I should have twigged when the server told me it was the last slice.... But even so, I expected it to look and taste a little more appealing than it did!

1  Thank JLMfellwalker
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We often visit the cafe at Holker Hall. It has the most fantastic meringues. You can look around the food hall and gift shop and play on the park without any admission costs. Great.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Always visit the cafe when we come up to the Lake district. Very pleasant service, good value and food is good quality. Nice to sit outside when the sun shines, very peaceful place during the week.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

We have visited the cafe on several occasions and always had good food.

We like to sit in the courtyard when the weather allows - it is very pleasant.

You can visit the cafe without going around the hall so no extra charge is involved.