“Top quality food at reasonable prices”

The Owl and the Pussycat
Ranked #9 of 78 Restaurants in Teignmouth
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Top quality food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This restaurant has been operating in Teignmouth for a long time producing top quality modern British food, now with very occasional Tunisian influences. It has a small but varied wine list. Attention to detail in the presentation of the food and the appearance of the restaurant itself is exemplary. Very good value for both formal and informal dining.

• Visited April 2012

shepton mallet
“Excellent food and excellent service”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This restaurant looks very small from the outside, but it is like a tardis inside. A very warm welcome is always given by the owner who makes you feel a very valued customer. The tables are always laid up ready for use and the glasses and flatware is of an immaculate appearance.
The menu is a small one, which I prefer as everything is cooked to order, and always arrives with the whole table being served at once and not having to wait for one diners food to arrive.
The menu is very imaginative and all ingredients are of the highest quality. I would fully recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank covpal
London
“Quite possibly the best steak I've ever eaten”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My supplier took me to this restaurant and I decided to follow his lead on the menu as he clearly knew his way around it. Everything that we ate was nothing short of excellent in terms of freshness, quality, taste and presentation..the beef was really something special and is to be tried without a doubt.This is the sort of place that I would happily take my wife to for a special meal, never mind a venue for a business meeting! Top marks, and I will be back.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank RugbyRaccy
Saltash, United Kingdom
“A nice restaurant that looks little at first, but has more space in the back and garden”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

A nice restaurant on the main shopping street, it looks little from the outside but has a room to the side and a back garden for the summer. I went with my family for lunch and we picked the set course menu, which we found was priced okay. The main menu is a bit more pricy but what we saw being served looked nice and the people on the next table cleared their plates, we had a soup which was homemade and very tasty and fresh mussel in a wine sauce very filling. For the main course we had fish and seafood spaghetti which was just cooked right , the house wine was nice and we were full so did not have a sweet but the menu had a good section. The service was good and the overall impression of the restaurant was good, would go back there again as it is well worth the money for what we had.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank wrighton53
London
“Outstanding Food”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We have eaten many meals here over the years and Adam's cooking just goes on improving.

The surrounding are pleasant and the hosts very welcoming.

Well worth a detour, Teignmouth is very fortunate to have a restaurant of this calibre.

• Visited March 2012