“Italian at it's best”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Italian at it's best”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our latest visit to this restaurant again did not disappoint. Cherry, who runs it with her husband the chef was her usual cheerful, helpful self and there were the usual large number of specials, catering for every taste .The food which was reasonably priced was at it's normal high standard and it was very pleasant to finish the meal with a complimentary Lemoncello. The restaurant is not very big so we always book in advance so as not to be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank 19paullovell

hertfordshire
“Lovely Italian Food”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Went to this restaurant after the reviews on Trip Advisor and wasn't disappointed. The food was delicious, the service excellent and the restaurant has a lovely ambiance. All in all a great dining experience.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank superali50
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Italian food but with a twist”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended and didn't disappoint. My wife forgot her reading glasses so was delighted that they kept a stockpile hanging on a lampshade, which meant she could see the menu. Service was absolutely excellent and the food perfectly cooked. I particularly enjoyed the mixed olives with chillis followed by scallops in breadcrumbs with tasty salad leaves. Main course was local crab in ravioli parcels and then to finish cold meringue with melted dark chocolate sauce. More than satisfied.

3 Thank 24HoursFromTulsa
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We visited this lovely restaurant last Friday night for our Wedding Anniversary and we had a wonderful evening. Cherry the host is so attentive and explains everything on the menu and also the extensive specials selection. The restaurant is tiny but this adds to its ambiance, so best to book to avoid disappointment.
There are so many nice touches here. I forgot my reading glasses and was struggling to read the menu. No problem, they have a selection and I was provided with the correct strength for my vision. There was a little slate gift on the table with a tag which said "Happy Anniversary"
With so many yummy meals to chose from I was taking my time in selecting and even though they were busy I didn't feel pressured to make a decision. I finally went for the Onion Soup as I saw a picture of it on here and wanted to try it. The nicest starter I have ever had. I chose the Lobster Linguine for main and it was cooked to perfection. I had a lovely bottle of Sicilian wine and at only £13 was excellent. My husband chose the stuffed mushrooms and the fillet steak which was cooked exactly to his liking.
My only regret was I didn't have room for a pudding but there is always next time. But the Lemon Chello liqueur finished the meal off just right and we were even given another on the house as we had to wait a couple of minutes to pay what we thought was a tiny bill for all this excellence.
I then met the master of all this and was introduced to the Chef. All in all a truly memorable evening. We only live 7 miles from Teignmouth and are always looking for somewhere different to dine. Well last Friday we found the best and cant wait for the next visit. THANK YOU FRESCO

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank dpearce27
Devon
“Excellent all round”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We've dined here twice recently and thoroughly enjoyed both visits.
The ambience and service is perfect. Nothing is too much trouble for Cherry and her staff.
The menu is an interesting, creative mixture of freshly cooked Italian dishes and local specials all of which have been delicious.
One bit of advice: leave room for a Tirimisu! Best ever.
Parking is easy and the ambience is just right. Thoroughly recommended.
Our only regret is that we didn't discover this gem sooner.

2 Thank Seasunnedtraveller