“Enjoyable meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Good food, with cheerful, friendly service. I liked the garlic mushroom starter and we both enjoyed the chocolate bread and butter pudding. Good value. Bit cold, but it was freezing outside.

1  Thank Islandhopper010

Reviewed 11 November 2013

No crab available for lunch but they made me up a fish pie which was delicious. Dated but a lovely setting close to the sea front. Rather tired deco with artificial flowers on the table and the menus badly needed replacing. However the food and the service was good. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped for a sandwich and a hot chocolate . Good service and fresh food with very pleasant staff. Not cheap but what you would expect on a sea front. Lots of pensioners in for a two course deal but hey it was out if season so that's to be expected. Overall ok

Reviewed 1 September 2013

On the Saturday just gone, my friend Tom and I went into the Pickwick Restaurant. I had an orange juice at first while Tom settled for a cream tea. Later on during my visit, I asked for a cream tea, and the lady serving me at the time said that she wasn't going to serve me as "apparently they were too busy in the kitchen".As I'm sure many of you would agree, this is totally unacceptable. I, myself, work in a cafe and there, we never refuse customers what they wanted even when they're "too" busy in the kitchen, unless of course, we didn't have what they wanted at the time, in which case that is a shame, but we will find an alternative. Not only is this bad service on the Pickwick's part, but this is also like a total up yours to all the rest of the customers who come in at around the same time, asking for food or drinks etc... and this is bang out of order. If the lady had turned round and said they were fresh out of cream teas, then that's fine. I would understand! It's disappointing, but that's life but no, she said she wouldn't serve me because they were too busy in the kitchen. What a convenient excuse!!!!!I find this very rude and quite selfish I shall never be going into that crappy place again!

1  Thank Angus211
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We love Teignmouth and ventured there again to find some food. Unfortunately our favourite eatery was closed that night so we tried this place. I really wish we hadn't.

The size of the portions were small. I paid £7.99 for a chicken curry which in my opinion was a child size amount. I asked for half rice and chips. The rice was stuck together and was only about a tablespoon sized amount. The chips appeared to play "hide and seek" as there were so few of them. And as for the curry. Not only was it tasteless, but there appeared to be more water in the curry than in my hotel's swimming pool.