“excellent”

Ye Old Jolly Sailor Public House
Ranked #23 of 84 Restaurants in Teignmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family and dog friendly traditional pub with a great menu and daily specials. A warm welcome, pool table and dart board are always here along with delicious home cooked food and a fully stocked bar including some great local ales! Events list available on request as we have something going on several evenings a week - From Jazz to Quiz to Open Mic - something for everyone! Come and see the Oldest Pub in Teignmouth, we think you will like it!!
Reviewed 4 June 2014

we came here a while back in feb an we went round town trying to figure out what to eat I grew up in teignmouth an was on a visit seeing family members when the recommended the pub.

the staff were really nice an friendly an the food was amazingly out of this world I ordered the ribs an went it came out I nearly died with shock the plate was huge an the amount of food was incredible for the good value money. the food was excellent really hot an well presented.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Ye Olde Jolly Sailor in the centre of Teignmouth should not be walked passed
There is a terrific pub atmosphere with tasty good value food and helpful, friendly and efficient staff
We went with family on a Friday evening, 30th May, and were delighted with the fish and chip special and great value daily roast
Nice selection of real ales and coffee
Varied desserts at just £3.25 too
Highly recommended
Very helpful lad with a beard looked after us ...thank you

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Called in today . Was gunna order tbe gammonbut i saw the special board at the bar. I had the mixed grill my partner the scampie. Nice clean place .there were only a couple of others in there so i feared it didnt bode well.
Food came fairly quick . All was very nicely cooked . My meats were all juicy .for £14:25 i felt what i got was a tad dear , the grill didnt have an egg or mushrooms or even a fried tom. I know it doesnt come witb either or all .i just felt a tad short changed for the price as it does say add extra salad and coleslaw for 75p. Swallow the 75p and give a nicer mixed grill.i just felt it needed that little bit more. The scampie meal was a lovely filled plate with nice salad. Overall nice food.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Well it was a Sunday night on bank holiday weekend and a bit busy. But please take on more staff. I cleaned the table myself before we could sit down, the area was a mess . But was cleaned after I retuned my cleaning cloth. My partner and her daughter had the large cod and chips which was perfect. But I had the large lamb roast at best was just over small.but ok.also the kids meal was again not good in fact a rip off. Plus no staff member even bothered to ask if the food was ok. Very poor. We left and of course no goodbye.

1  Thank 2043nooks
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a lovely traditional pub, serving good beer & real ale as well as excellent food. The ambiance of the pub is always friendly and the staff cant do enough to help. There is live music several times a a week, we happened to be there when a 4 piece jazz band played. Im a 54yr female and the last thing I expected to see, let alone enjoy, was a 4 piece ensemble playing when the Saints. The food is well cooked, reasonably priced and tasty.