“Disappointing”

Ye Old Jolly Sailor Public House
Ranked #18 of 91 Restaurants in Teignmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family and dog friendly traditional pub with a great menu and daily specials. A warm welcome, pool table and dart board are always here along with delicious home cooked food and a fully stocked bar including some great local ales! Events list available on request as we have something going on several evenings a week - From Jazz to Quiz to Open Mic - something for everyone! Come and see the Oldest Pub in Teignmouth, we think you will like it!!
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Went there this evening. It was the last night of our holiday so I ordered a steak. Because of a digestive condition I can't digest steak that is well done. I ordered a medium rare steak and my husband ordered a well done steak. When they arrived we couldn't tell the difference. I tried to eat mine but it would not go down. After several trips to the loo, I had to leave my entire dinner. I did tell the waiter that I had ordered a medium rare steak but he just shrugged his shoulders. Very unfortunate evening, I'm afraid.

Date of visit: June 2014
2  Thank Yuggerbug

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This pub is tucked away but worth a visit. We were recommended to pay a visit here and glad we did. Good beer and tasty food.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Tried to eat here, but unfortunately due to staff shortages.(unsure planned or unplanned) we were told there was 1 hour at least, for any meal. During this coversation another customer complained they had already waited over 45 mins for their meal, nothing fancy, very basic so gave up & went elsewhere.During quiet periods this is a great place to eat, but worry if they cannot cope with food orders in middle season, how will they cope in high season.I know its hard to juggle & estimate staff, but if you are building a business on food, you need staff to cover all periods.Such a shame, as their bubble & squeak, if you have the patience to wait, is great.

1  Thank lizmb926
Reviewed 4 June 2014

we came here a while back in feb an we went round town trying to figure out what to eat I grew up in teignmouth an was on a visit seeing family members when the recommended the pub.

the staff were really nice an friendly an the food was amazingly out of this world I ordered the ribs an went it came out I nearly died with shock the plate was huge an the amount of food was incredible for the good value money. the food was excellent really hot an well presented.

Date of visit: February 2014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Ye Olde Jolly Sailor in the centre of Teignmouth should not be walked passed
There is a terrific pub atmosphere with tasty good value food and helpful, friendly and efficient staff
We went with family on a Friday evening, 30th May, and were delighted with the fish and chip special and great value daily roast
Nice selection of real ales and coffee
Varied desserts at just £3.25 too
Highly recommended
Very helpful lad with a beard looked after us ...thank you