“Half the pier is inaccessible”
Review of Grand Pier

Grand Pier
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

this pier is a disgrace to the meaning of the word pier.Ok so there was storm damage. But!! Only the amusement money spinning part has been repaired. Last year the owners had allowed the last third to be used as a toilet for seagulls. Having heard that the pier had reopened I ventured to it only to find that now the last half was cordened off and the flooing looked rotton. The area after the amusements has structure that has badly rusting railings and underneath towards the end it looks like the structure is falling
All I ask is that the owners spend ££ so that Teignmouth's icon does not become a 'dodo'

There are newer reviews for Grand Pier

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Not bad. Brought back memories of my childhood holidays. Usual pier attractions, in a nice setting. Worth a visit

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The pier was all up and running when we went a week back. It seemed quite nice and clean. Whilst my partner and little lad played in the arcade I went along the prom, they had a recycle expedition on with old washing machines all done up as funny looking characters. I have a walking disability and found there was no way I was getting on the beach unless I could climb the steep stairs, plus there are no ramps for wheel and scooter chairs to go down, definitely not disabled friendly, even a lifeguard said he had complained to the local council about it. I decided to take myself to a large cafe on the the prom just by the pier, it looks like an american diner, they did lovely coffee and the young waitress was so helpful getting my drink for me. I think this part of teignmouth is just a quick stop off really, nothing to get all excited about.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Old run down, could not walk down to end fenced off. Boring. Rubbish rubbish rubbish waste of time good views out to sea

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Found this very disappointing, as the pier itself is not really open. You have to walk through a bizarre collection of amusements, to a small door leading outside, only to discover that the main length of the pier is closed. You get a bit of a view of the buildings along the front, but that's it.